Thread: Eternia Lore Questions from Early Comics, Animation, Card Back, etc EXPERTS HELP plz!

Eternia Lore Questions from Early Comics, Animation, Card Back, etc EXPERTS HELP plz!

Hey,
    Creating some fan art and needed some help. I never really enjoyed the cartoon so I didn't watch it much.
    It has been a LONG time since I have read the comics that came with my figures so I need some help from the board and the experts within.

Is there an official CURRENCY for Eternia?
    Like, do they use a $$$ or just say "gold" or "dukkets" or something like that?
    i know of Roast Gooble from the podcast. Is this a bird? Or what kind of animal does it look like?
    Also, is there any romantic relationships between HeMan and Teela (or Skeletor and Evil Lyn?)
    Thank you!

Cammor

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    Hey,
    Creating some fan art and needed some help. I never really enjoyed the cartoon so I didn't watch it much.
    It has been a LONG time since I have read the comics that came with my figures so I need some help from the board and the experts within.
    The answers may vary, depending on the canon. Are you asking about minicomics or cartoon?

Is there an official CURRENCY for Eternia?
    Like, do they use a $$$ or just say "gold" or "dukkets" or something like that?
    Usually when currency or treasures are depicted. It's something looking like gold.

Here's a great article by Busta Toons where he shows that we do get to see dollar sign atleast once.

i know of Roast Gooble from the podcast. Is this a bird? Or what kind of animal does it look like?
    Roast Gooble is merely described as delicacy on Trolla. And we see meat looking items on a table. But nothing specific has been mentioned of Roast Gooble.

Also, is there any romantic relationships between HeMan and Teela (or Skeletor and Evil Lyn?)
    Thank you!

Cammor
    He-Man has always been romantically interested in Teela, and she has same feelings. In minicomics He-Man is happy to be alone with her.

In cartoon there are episodes where He-Man bluntly asks if Teela would prefer a man like him, or someone like Adam. ("The Pawns of the Game Master")
    And when He-Man thinks Teela is dead, he is devastated ("The Problem With Power").

Skeletor and Evil-Lyn seemed to have a special connection in 1987 movie.

But their relationship was more utilized after 2002 cartoon introduced Keldor. And Evil-Lyn was shown to have feelings for him, even after he became Skeletor.

Last edited by Jukka; November 20, 2019 at 03:19pm.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Thanks for the reply! I do prefer the comics and card back info over the cartoon. I forget that there are a several different "versions" of the stories from MOTU. This helps a lot!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Re: forms of currency -

In the He-Man newspaper comic strips, the krugerandor
    is a form of currency used in Eternos.

F80F9AD4-385F-4DDA-A4AB-D06B815D73F2.jpeg
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I would have NEVER guessed that one, Penny Dreadful! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Re: forms of currency -

In the He-Man newspaper comic strips, the krugerandor
    is a form of currency used in Eternos.

F80F9AD4-385F-4DDA-A4AB-D06B815D73F2.jpeg
    I wonder, is that the permanent official name of the currency or does it change with the new monarch? So, we'd have Kruged'vann's, Krugemiros, Krugerandors, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The answers may vary, depending on the canon. Are you asking about minicomics or cartoon?

Usually when currency or treasures are depicted. It's something looking like gold.

Here's a great article by Busta Toons where he shows that we do get to see dollar sign atleast once.

https://old.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-pop/money-2.jpg

Roast Gooble is merely described as delicacy on Trolla. And we see meat looking items on a table. But nothing specific has been mentioned of Roast Gooble.

He-Man has always been romantically interested in Teela, and she has same feelings. In minicomics He-Man is happy to be alone with her.

In cartoon there are episodes where He-Man bluntly asks if Teela would prefer a man like him, or someone like Adam. ("The Pawns of the Game Master")
    And when He-Man thinks Teela is dead, he is devastated ("The Problem With Power").

https://www.he-man.org/assets/images...y/136_full.jpg

Skeletor and Evil-Lyn seemed to have a special connection in 1987 movie.

But their relationship was more utilized after 2002 cartoon introduced Keldor. And Evil-Lyn was shown to have feelings for him, even after he became Skeletor.

https://animatedviews.com/wp-content.../09/hev305.jpg
    That deep knowledge to MOTU is remarkable @Jukka, nice read.

Same to you @Penny Dreadful.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!