Thread: Tips on which version of 200x Castle Grayskull to get..?

Tips on which version of 200x Castle Grayskull to get..?

I'm very seriously contemplating to purchase a 200x Castle Grayskull, and I just want to hear from those of you who own one, which version should I go after..?
    The one with the action chip action, or the one with 20+ sounds and lights..?
    What is the difference between these two versions..?

Any help will be greatly appreciated..!
    Leech sucks..!

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Go get the second version - that is the one with "20+ sounds and lights".

It is an improved version that's actually sporting more and better working features.

The action chip version has a large key which activates the trap door, drawbridge and secret chamber door. The problem is, they only work with the key or figures sporting the action chip, but that feature doesn't even work very well.

In the 2nd version, the action chip feature is abandoned completely, hence it doesn't have the large key.
    Instead, all features are button-activated. There is a "snapping mouth" feature worked into the ground in front of the drawbridge. The dungeon features a small cell door which has button-activated sounds and light. On the 1st floor, there is a new golden skull which also actually is a button to activate sounds and lights. The power sword is gold instead of silver. The jawbridge's shield symbol is colored. On the top floor, you now can stick the flagg and cannon into different positions.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Thank you, very much, indeed, Sir Reilly..! That was a very thorough run-down..!
    The second version it is, then..!
    Leech sucks..!

I have both, and I have to agree that the 2nd version has much more play options. The first version with the chips in the feet of the figures is cool, but only a handful of them were made with that feature. Another vote for 2nd version!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Another plus to the second version is that you don't have to hear the annoying gameshow announcer voice whenever you activate one of its features! I can't believe someone thought the voice of Grayskull should sound like it's about to tell someone to come on down, they're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Widget
    I'm going to be honest....I've owned my grayskull since it came out...original owner, still have the box. Didn't know there were two versions

Regardless since I havent taken it out in years I'm sure battery acid has ruined my compartment