Thread: What is the difference b/w Super7"s Vintage 5.5" figures and Mattel's Origin Line?

Heroic Warrior

What is the difference b/w Super7"s Vintage 5.5" figures and Mattel's Origin Line?

Just a question ...

Is it mostly the articulation?

If this has already been answered, I apologize. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Super7 came up with the idea for the vintage ďAs Seen on TVĒ line before Origins was announced. Origins will have all new sculpts, including articulation, and are aimed at kids and will be widely available at retail, while the Super7 line are targeted at collectors.

The Super7 line was put on hold for the Origins debut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Super7 came up with the idea for the vintage “As Seen on TV” line before Origins was announced. Origins will have all new sculpts, including articulation, and are aimed at kids and will be widely available at retail, while the Super7 line are targeted at collectors.

The Super7 line was put on hold for the Origins debut.

Thanks for your response.

So Super7 is not producing any MOTU figures for the time being? Geez ...

Not any 5.5 because they are too similar, but I think they still have Reaction figures coming out.

Heroic Warrior
    ^^ Got it. That's too bad. Thanks.

I wish they would have let them do one more wave so we could have gotten the Sorceress, Ram Man, Triclops, Catra, Adora, Marlana and Randor
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I wish they would have let them do one more wave so we could have gotten the Sorceress, Ram Man, Triclops, Catra, Adora, Marlana and Randor
    Me too. I have the Waves 1 and 2 and will be getting the rest. Ram Man was my favourite as a kid.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Definitely in favour of another wave, Sorceress, Tri-Klops and Ram Man are a must.

I wasn't too sure about this line when wave 1 first came out (QC issues etc) but now its one of my favourites. Waves 2 and 3 were great, really looking forward to Wave 4 showing up any day soon in the UK.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Definitely in favour of another wave, Sorceress, Tri-Klops and Ram Man are a must.

I wasn't too sure about this line when wave 1 first came out (QC issues etc) but now its one of my favourites. Waves 2 and 3 were great, really looking forward to Wave 4 showing up any day soon in the UK.
    Iím ok with these being on hold as long as the Origins line gives us those characters and they are easily available.

Widget
    I love the amount of product that's still coming despite a movie and netflix show not being on air/screen, but what gets me is there is a barely a line that is "complete" besides classics...which depending on when you got in is hard to complete

the vintage line literally everyone has had time to accumulate and it's got what most people would consider their favorites.

200x came out and introduced more characters and storylines while only having 1/3 of the product

classics came out in 2008 and if you were aware and could keep up you have almost everyone you could ever want

but now that super7 had a crack at it we have more of both scales...reaction..mega construx...loyal subjects...funko pops...vintage filmation style....filmation/classics 2.0
    but yet mattel is taking it back

I just wonder if classics will continue or if they're going to really go nuts with the origin lines.

If they're not hard to find retail I'll be collecting those too...I'll just be annoyed if they stop after a couple dozen characters.

Regardless any of these figures will look cool on the super7 snake mountain i wish was already here