Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mega Construx Prototype Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diracdelta View Post
    Where are people finding the Mega Construx? I had been getting them at Walmart, but they've stopped carrying them and I haven't seen them elsewhere.
    Walmart is supposed to start carrying Mega Construx stuff in 2020. It was apparently a mix up that got them removed from the holiday toy layout.

Widget
    When can we expect she-ra and the rest of POP?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousOne View Post
    The sets for 2020 are known and there is jo POP, so earliest 2021 i assume then. I still hope we can get Trap Jaw as an exclusive in 2020 or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would much prefer them to get through the masters first before even thinking about Pop. So many amazing characters to get first.

Widget
    I definitely want the rest of masters but an extra pop figure every now and then would be nice

I love all the Mega Construx stuff! Just got my son a bunch of the Breakout Eggs for Sinterklaas and they’re awesome, especially at that pricepoint of €10 per egg, crazy to think that other blind bag stuff usually sells for more. These are great value and the quality is superb.

I have a bunch of the MOTU stuff stored away already for my son when he’s a boit older, so I’ll definitely be getting this Battle Cat once it comes out. MCX do a great job with these beasts so I’m sure it’ll be great. That GOT Drogo looks amazing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladik841 View Post
    In Europe it’s anyways almost impossible to get them. Either Amazon or Ebay. But the prices are of course huge

Try Amazon dot com, they tend to have these at retail prices early on, you’ll have to pay import but it’s pretty good through Amazon.

Court Magician

Some more prototypes from Kevin_MCX

- - - Updated - - -

Some more updates on the figures:

1. The 1st 2020 wave is already available in Canada(!):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaJdFdrlUbs

2. Adam is also to be found online: https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Mega-Const.../E3B5D1F9.html

So seems they are much earlier coming than originally announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    I love all the Mega Construx stuff! Just got my son a bunch of the Breakout Eggs for Sinterklaas and they’re awesome, especially at that pricepoint of €10 per egg, crazy to think that other blind bag stuff usually sells for more. These are great value and the quality is superb.

I have a bunch of the MOTU stuff stored away already for my son when he’s a boit older, so I’ll definitely be getting this Battle Cat once it comes out. MCX do a great job with these beasts so I’m sure it’ll be great. That GOT Drogo looks amazing too!

Try Amazon dot com, they tend to have these at retail prices early on, you’ll have to pay import but it’s pretty good through Amazon.
    Yes we can get from amazon. Com I have done that before, but international shipping and import charges need to be added which can double the price and that sucks! Thanks for looking out for us in Europe.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5c12b803e8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5b92dcb5e5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2. Adam is also to be found online: https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Mega-Const.../E3B5D1F9.html

Great! but states no international shipping, rubbish!

Court Magician
    Well, i don’t get it why other Mega Construx products like Minions or the Turtles sets are normally available in Europe, but the Masters not really. Hope this will change in 2020.

Well, i don’t get it why other Mega Construx products like Minions or the Turtles sets are normally available in Europe, but the Masters not really. Hope this will change in 2020.

I hope so too. Mega construx toys tend to be in discount stores in the UK, like b and m and home bargins. But I would happily have them anywhere.

Aahh, why have they changed the stand? They are not going to all look the same now....... gonna make me feel sick. I like things to look the same!

Evil Romulan Commander! Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Aahh, why have they changed the stand? They are not going to all look the same now....... gonna make me feel sick. I like things to look the same!
    Stand consistency is already out the window, if you count the pack-in figures with:
    • Wind Raider
    • Castle Grayskull
    which don't even match each other, as well as both being unlike the stands with the single-carded (and 5-pack) figures.

But, we don't know for sure that these figures Kevin's showing us will come with those stands in the photos. Kevin probably just put the figures onto whatever stands he had lying around, which as it happens, are the ones for Castle Grayskull's six pack-in figures. Bottom line, we don't have confirmation yet of what (if any) stands are going to be used in forthcoming Mega Construx product, given that they're changing the line as they are.
    My fan interests include: Classic Horror • Star Trek • DC Comics primarily Superman • Marx Brothers • Muppets • MOTU • Whose Line? • trance music • I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue • the historical sharpshooter Annie Oakley • fonts with kerning • bottom-posting
    My Mega Construx gallery

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    we don't have confirmation yet of what (if any) stands are going to be used in forthcoming Mega Construx product, given that they're changing the line as they are.
    We do have. It’s in the video above

I hope they include some Pop characters. She-ra and Adora are a must. The Horde will also need Shadow Weaver, Catra, and Scorpia. Do they have the license to make 80’s versions of Pop characters?

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I hope they include some Pop characters. She-ra and Adora are a must. The Horde will also need Shadow Weaver, Catra, and Scorpia. Do they have the license to make 80’s versions of Pop characters?
    I doubt we'll see them for awhile due to the Netflix She-Ra but yes I am sure that they do as Megaconstrux is owned by Mattel!
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

In Canada you say??

Master of Mega Construx
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousOne View Post
    We are looking forward to adding POP to this line, but for now, we are focusing on MOTU.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5c12b803e8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5b92dcb5e5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, thanks for re-posting these. I meant to update you guys last week, but the week got away from me

The first MCX Heroes Masters wave containing Prince Adam, Moss Man, ''Filmation'' Skeletor and Evil Lyn as well as ''blue beard'' Stratos has been spotted in the wild, so it is in retailers distribution networks. From my understanding, Walmart will be carrying these in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Stand consistency is already out the window, if you count the pack-in figures with:
    • Wind Raider
    • Castle Grayskull
    which don't even match each other, as well as both being unlike the stands with the single-carded (and 5-pack) figures.

But, we don't know for sure that these figures Kevin's showing us will come with those stands in the photos. Kevin probably just put the figures onto whatever stands he had lying around, which as it happens, are the ones for Castle Grayskull's six pack-in figures. Bottom line, we don't have confirmation yet of what (if any) stands are going to be used in forthcoming Mega Construx product, given that they're changing the line as they are.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The stands were an overall change this year. We moved to standardize our deluxe stands across our various ''Heroes'' lines, so MOTU, Halo, Predator, Borderlands and all other single-carded figures will have the same shape. The color and print will be changed according to the property.

We use simpler figure stands, aka plates, in our playsets and vehicle sets. These blend better to use as scenery and dioramas.

- Kevin_MCX

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. The stands were an overall change this year. We moved to standardize our deluxe stands across our various ''Heroes'' lines, so MOTU, Halo, Predator, Borderlands and all other single-carded figures will have the same shape. The color and print will be changed according to the property.

We use simpler figure stands, aka plates, in our playsets and vehicle sets. These blend better to use as scenery and dioramas.

- Kevin_MCX
    Kevin_MCX,
    Thank YOU for having time and bringing this updates and Info “right from the source”. That’s in my experience very rare happening. It’s greatly appreciated that you do so as well as take the discussion here and the opinions seriously. Really cool.

Very cool of you to share all this info with us, Kevin! Thank you!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Thank you for the update Kevin. Yep that does make sense for them to have their own style going forward too.

Widget
    Thank you for for answering concerning Pop... Glad they will be included! Mermista!

Any more MOTU multi-packs on the way, Kevin?
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    Cool, glad you guys are enjoying the prototype pictures. I'll post more updates as news comes in.
    Hey! As others have said welcome to the forum.

This line is my current favorite toy line. If things keep up it might be my favorite of all time. I have 2 concerns: First, all of the newer vehicles shown at the trade shows and conventions (Roton, Talon fighter etc) look like they are made out of construction bricks as opposed to how the wind Raider looks like the wind raider but is made of construction bricks. Second, Battle cat looks pretty good, but His head looks more like a wolf/werewolf head than a big cat to me. It definitely doesn't remind me of a tiger or the original vintage Battle cat or Big Jim Tiger/Panther.

The Mini-figures however have almost all been incredible. Thanks to you and the rest of the team for making these.

121F4D8F-7960-4E89-99DC-DB2EA29620ED.jpeg

Found a fresh case on the MOTU series today
    Attached Images Attached Images