Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mega Construx Prototype Discussion

If someone is starting a motu collection, mega construx is a solid line to collect.

MOC or loose... either way its nice, packaging and all, playability is great too.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Attachment 121694

Found a fresh case on the MOTU series today
    Where? Any more info? UPC?

Attachment 121694

I picked up the full set on Saturday. I was not expecting to see these for a while yet. Nice surprise.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Court Magician
    We poor Europe people can only dream of them for some more weeks/months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very excited to see these, especially Prince Adam and Moss Man. I really, really winder if this line will ever complete the vintage toyline's roster like MOTUC did. That would be quite cool.

Hopefully this newer line is easier to preorder through etailers than the previous line was. I find that Mattel's products and preorders tend to be more difficult to procure through etailers than those of many other toy companies like Hasbro, NECA, DC Collectibles, and others. Maybe they're so used to dealing with mainstream retail that they aren't set up for it.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

I think we all want the same thing....to be able to find these at retail ( aka WalMart ) or an e-tailer for 5 bucks. Nobody wants to buy a 5 dollar mini figure from some dude on eBay for 40 bucks. Is that asking too much??
    Odd Man Out

Court Magician

New He-Man vs new Beast man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    We are looking forward to adding POP to this line, but for now, we are focusing on MOTU.

Cool, thanks for re-posting these. I meant to update you guys last week, but the week got away from me

The first MCX Heroes Masters wave containing Prince Adam, Moss Man, ''Filmation'' Skeletor and Evil Lyn as well as ''blue beard'' Stratos has been spotted in the wild, so it is in retailers distribution networks. From my understanding, Walmart will be carrying these in 2020.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The stands were an overall change this year. We moved to standardize our deluxe stands across our various ''Heroes'' lines, so MOTU, Halo, Predator, Borderlands and all other single-carded figures will have the same shape. The color and print will be changed according to the property.

We use simpler figure stands, aka plates, in our playsets and vehicle sets. These blend better to use as scenery and dioramas.

- Kevin_MCX
    Hey Kevin! Any plans to improve European distribution? Can’t you guys work our a deal with Amazon or something? The figures are impossible to find at retail and even online they’re either triple the price or simply not available (am yet to see Stratos or Scareglow with an EU seller!).

Like most I grew up on LEGO, but honestly the MCX minifigs are so far superior... it’s everything I ever wanted as a child and my son is going to love these once we introduce him to these size bricks next year (have the castle, etc. ready for him once he’s old enough). Maybe you guys just need a more mainstream license but I don’t see why these shouldn’t dominate the market! Oh, and my son and I love the breakout eggs! Slime pit please!?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I think we all want the same thing....to be able to find these at retail ( aka WalMart ) or an e-tailer for 5 bucks. Nobody wants to buy a 5 dollar mini figure from some dude on eBay for 40 bucks. Is that asking too much??
    I agree here, the whole scareglow and stratos thing was a disaster. Please please please give us a good distribution whether online or brick and mortar

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladik841 View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d4f2515266.jpg

New He-Man vs new Beast man.

Nice!

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Thanks for the pics. Can anyone clarify what some of the items in the upper right bubble are? I can see He-Man's shield and axe. Is that a spear and why do I see a string?
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Thanks for the pics. Can anyone clarify what some of the items in the upper right bubble are? I can see He-Man's shield and axe. Is that a spear and why do I see a string?
    Here are details

Heroic Warrior
    So these two packs are they just straight re-releases of the figures with some new weapons or stands?

I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Nice starter pack for those who don't have one like me... cannot find it locally so i just have to admire in photos..

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    So these two packs are they just straight re-releases of the figures with some new weapons or stands?

I think there are some slight color variations.

Master of Mega Construx
    Thanks for the feedback and the warm welcome guys.

Any more MOTU multi-packs on the way, Kevin?
    No plans currently, but we like the format, so you never know

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Hey! As others have said welcome to the forum.

This line is my current favorite toy line. If things keep up it might be my favorite of all time. I have 2 concerns: First, all of the newer vehicles shown at the trade shows and conventions (Roton, Talon fighter etc) look like they are made out of construction bricks as opposed to how the wind Raider looks like the wind raider but is made of construction bricks. Second, Battle cat looks pretty good, but His head looks more like a wolf/werewolf head than a big cat to me. It definitely doesn't remind me of a tiger or the original vintage Battle cat or Big Jim Tiger/Panther.

The Mini-figures however have almost all been incredible. Thanks to you and the rest of the team for making these.
    Thanks for the feedback! The versions shown at SDCC were early painted prototypes with kit-bashed parts. The sets and Battle Cat have evolved since then. The design team always tries to balance regular bricks and pieces vs specialty definition parts. The new sets have a couple of new parts that were designed just for them. I posted some images below.

In the new year, I will post some pictures of the sets as they are now to show their evolution.

Attachment 121694

Nice haul!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'm very excited to see these, especially Prince Adam and Moss Man. I really, really winder if this line will ever complete the vintage toyline's roster like MOTUC did. That would be quite cool.
    That would be awesome!

Things on the distribution front will improve in 2020. We don't want these to be rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Hey Kevin! Any plans to improve European distribution? Can’t you guys work our a deal with Amazon or something? The figures are impossible to find at retail and even online they’re either triple the price or simply not available (am yet to see Stratos or Scareglow with an EU seller!).

Like most I grew up on LEGO, but honestly the MCX minifigs are so far superior... it’s everything I ever wanted as a child and my son is going to love these once we introduce him to these size bricks next year (have the castle, etc. ready for him once he’s old enough). Maybe you guys just need a more mainstream license but I don’t see why these shouldn’t dominate the market! Oh, and my son and I love the breakout eggs! Slime pit please!?
    I'm not in the know when it comes to detailed distribution information, sorry However, the team is working on making these (and all our products for that matter) easier to find in 2020. The good news is that Stratos will be available in the next Heroes series. We are looking at ways of getting Scareglow out there again, but I can't share plans yet.

Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post

They have some color variations. For example, Beast Man is a different shade of orange, He-Man is sporting a yellow belt like in the Mini-Comics and the weapons are painted.

More fun stuff, we received more mold test shots. This time, Stinkor's armor, Fisto's armor, sword and head as well as the Talon Fighter's canopy and the Roton's buzz saw.

MOTU 2020 01.jpgMOTU 2020 02.jpgMOTU 2020 PD Cockpit 02.JPGMOTU 2020 Roton 01.JPG

Nice stuff! This is definitely one of the most exciting MOTU lines right now. Great to see Fisto, Stinkor, and Zodac/k, plus hints at the Talon Fighter and Roton.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Thank you for all the answers and info, Kevin!!
    Odd Man Out

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Thanks for the pics. Who are the broad sword and scythe for though? Are these kind of a small "weapons pak" homage? If so than some characters are getting armed up, Stratos is definitely getting the sword.

Love the ton of weapons we got packed in with the Battle Bones set. Hope this trend continues so we can arm those who never had proper (or any) weapons back in the day.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

@Kevin_MCX thanks for all the updates and for being the cool guy.

Court Magician
    Thanks for the feedback! The versions shown at SDCC were early painted prototypes with kit-bashed parts. The sets and Battle Cat have evolved since then. We are looking at ways of getting Scareglow out there again, but I can't share plans yet.
    @Kevin_MCX, pls can you maybe confirm if the new Scareglow coming in the Adam/Jet sled set will also glow in the dark? He seems “white” on the photos, but probably is was just an early prototype? Thank you, V.

More fun stuff, we received more mold test shots. This time, Stinkor's armor, Fisto's armor, sword and head as well as the Talon Fighter's canopy and the Roton's buzz saw.

MOTU 2020 01.jpgMOTU 2020 02.jpgMOTU 2020 PD Cockpit 02.JPGMOTU 2020 Roton 01.JPG
    Can. Not. Wait! Really excited for Mer-Man and Stinkor...BA Skeletor and He-Man. Oh and Fisto. And...OK, pretty much everything!

All right, Fisto! I'm all-in with this line-- when I can find 'em, anyway-- but I'm especially glad to see that old favorite showing up for 2020. Now bring on Clamp Champ!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    All right, Fisto! I'm all-in with this line-- when I can find 'em, anyway-- but I'm especially glad to see that old favorite showing up for 2020. Now bring on Clamp Champ!
    Heck yeah! Hoping for Strider, so Fisto has something to ride on, too! Man, I love this line. Hope Walmart is nice to it in 2020...
    Kreann’Ot N’Norosh is my copilot.

Awesome. I cannot wait to own my first Fisto figure!!
    Odd Man Out