Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 in Anaheim, California

Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 in Anaheim, California

Let the power return! Power-Con, THE destination event for fans of He-Man and She-Ra, will be returning to Anaheim, California on the weekend of August 8th & 9th, 2020. The convention will once again be held in the Hilton Anaheim, and will be even bigger and better than before. More exhibitors, more guests, and more surprises than you can shake a Sword of Power at!

Power-Con has the honor of working directly with Mattel, who has a lot in store for the Most Powerful Brand in the Universe. And Mattel wants fans to know that Power-Con will be THE place for an early look at new product, content, and news about the Masters of the Universe movie. That’s right, He-Fans! News about the He-Man MOVIE!

And what’s better than a new movie? How about a new movie AND a new cartoon? 2019 saw the surprise announcement at Power-Con of the upcoming He-Man cartoon on Netflix from showrunner Kevin Smith. So you better believe Power-Con 2020 will give fans a look at new animated Masters of the Universe content!

What about toys? Well, you’re in luck. Fans everywhere have enjoyed seeing She-Ra return to toy aisles with product based on the new DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power cartoon. And He-Fans everywhere will also rejoice to soon see He-Man and the Masters back on the shelves with the upcoming Origins line! And at Power-Con, attendees will be able to get their hands on limited-edition toys reimagined from the past, as well as exclusive early-access to new collectibles.

2020 is the start of the mass resurgence of Masters of the Universe. And Power-Con 2020 is going to celebrate this powerful new beginning! But 2020 isn’t just about He-Man. It also marks the 35th anniversary of She-Ra: Princess of Power. And She-Ra fans will not be disappointed. Mattel plans to honor She-Ra’s 35th anniversary in a special way at Power-Con.

Do you want more? Of course you do! But, we can’t give away ALL the teasers just yet! The only other thing we can tell you for now is that you DON’T want to miss out on Power-Con 2020.

Thanks to fans across the globe, Power-Con started strong in 2011 and has grown with every passing year. And Mattel plans to help celebrate your fandom with news and releases of products, comics, collectibles, entertainment, and exciting new content. Hotel room reservations, ticket sale info, and details on exclusive pre-orders is coming soon. So start making your plans because we want to see you at Power-Con on August 8th & 9th, 2020 in Anaheim, California! By the Power of Grayskull, YOU have the power!

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Let the power return! Power-Con, THE destination event for fans of He-Man and She-Ra, will be returning to Anaheim, California on the weekend of August 8th & 9th, 2020. The convention will once again be held in the Hilton Anaheim, and will be even bigger and better than before. More exhibitors, more guests, and more surprises than you can shake a Sword of Power at!

Power-Con has the honor of working directly with Mattel, who has a lot in store for the Most Powerful Brand in the Universe. And Mattel wants fans to know that Power-Con will be THE place for an early look at new product, content, and news about the Masters of the Universe movie. That’s right, He-Fans! News about the He-Man MOVIE!

And what’s better than a new movie? How about a new movie AND a new cartoon? 2019 saw the surprise announcement at Power-Con of the upcoming He-Man cartoon on Netflix from showrunner Kevin Smith. So you better believe Power-Con 2020 will give fans a look at new animated Masters of the Universe content!

What about toys? Well, you’re in luck. Fans everywhere have enjoyed seeing She-Ra return to toy aisles with product based on the new DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power cartoon. And He-Fans everywhere will also rejoice to soon see He-Man and the Masters back on the shelves with the upcoming Origins line! And at Power-Con, attendees will be able to get their hands on limited-edition toys reimagined from the past, as well as exclusive early-access to new collectibles.

2020 is the start of the mass resurgence of Masters of the Universe. And Power-Con 2020 is going to celebrate this powerful new beginning! But 2020 isn’t just about He-Man. It also marks the 35th anniversary of She-Ra: Princess of Power. And She-Ra fans will not be disappointed. Mattel plans to honor She-Ra’s 35th anniversary in a special way at Power-Con.

Do you want more? Of course you do! But, we can’t give away ALL the teasers just yet! The only other thing we can tell you for now is that you DON’T want to miss out on Power-Con 2020.

Thanks to fans across the globe, Power-Con started strong in 2011 and has grown with every passing year. And Mattel plans to help celebrate your fandom with news and releases of products, comics, collectibles, entertainment, and exciting new content. Hotel room reservations, ticket sale info, and details on exclusive pre-orders is coming soon. So start making your plans because we want to see you at Power-Con on August 8th & 9th, 2020 in Anaheim, California! By the Power of Grayskull, YOU have the power!
    So awesome!!! Hoping for some fabulous secrets to be revealed in the coming months! Great job Val!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    So awesome!!! Hoping for some fabulous secrets to be revealed in the coming months! Great job Val!!!!
    You're welcome! But it's definitely not just me. There's a lot of people working on the show that give it their all, along with Mattel, all the awesome vendors, the hotel, and more!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Awesome news!!! See you then!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Early awesome news....

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

There is a decent chance my family and I will be going again. I am hoping for voice actor guests from Filmation and Kevin Smith's new MOTU cartoon.

I love that it's earlier this year!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

AWESOME !!! Will be there again and looking forward seeing you next summer.
    Thank You for your support ....OCTAVIA 5000! Success rate 100% WooHooo!

So Mattel seems pretty certain the movie is coming in 2021? I wish Sony or the Nee Brothers could offer us such assurance.

Heroic Warrior
    Classics? Or nah

Excited for another Con though

So, Halloween Power-Con confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    So, Halloween Power-Con confirmed?
    LOL! I hate my RGD co-hosts.

I’m really hoping this will be the one I get to finally attend!! In terms of reveals, I’m hoping we see more of the amazing She-ra dolls that were shown off! Catra and Glimmer would be amazing!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    @ Wes2882: I could have written that sentence myself. Celebrating the 35th anniversary of
    our beloved Princesses of Power in that manner would be so "Pawa-some".
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

I'm getting married in Auguest, but really hoping the stars can aline so I can come this year. I really hope the Power-Con exclusives will have a She-Ra Ra focus this year. A MOTUC Classic Toy themed She-Ra and Catra 2 pack would be epic, or a three pack of the original vintage 5.5 prototype Star Sisters would be such a love letter from Mattel to the POP fans. We got He-Ro and Eldor, from Super7, the prototype Star Sisters would be amazing and now we know Mattel have the original Star Sisters in their archive: (thanks to the guys who made the She-Ra barbie), it would be a perfect time to offer them perticularly considering they were revealed to the public a few years ago at Power-Con

IMG_20191201_112815.jpg

FB_IMG_1575200701831.jpg

b95856230da366633043b626dd7b849a.jpg
    Last edited by Angel-T; December 1, 2019 at 07:52am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    ...or a three pack of the original vintage 5.5 prototype Star Sisters would be such a love letter from Mattel to the POP fans.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for your proposed 3-pack any time soon. I'd love to see such a 3-pack, but it would be a tough sell this far into the line. That's probably something that would have to go up for crowd-funding where fan interest would determine if it would happen or not.

I don't want to lead anyone on, so let me be up-front that there aren't any MOTUC exclusives for Power-Con 2020. I fought for them, and Mattel was very understanding about it and is also aware of the interest from fans, but Classics aren't slotted in for 2020. I can't go into details, but Mattel explained the reasons to me about skipping 2020 and it made complete sense.

I'm all for more MOTUC! But, how/when more Classics is released is Mattel's call. They've put the line into hibernation for the time being, and 2020 is a big roll-out year for new product and entertainment which has Mattel's immediate focus.

So keep the faith alive for more Classics, and keep letting Mattel know you want them! And if you're willing to do crowd-funding to make MOTUC happen (which, IMO, is a possible scenario), please let Mattel know that as well.

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for your proposed 3-pack any time soon. I'd love to see such a 3-pack, but it would be a tough sell this far into the line. That's probably something that would have to go up for crowd-funding where fan interest would determine if it would happen or not.

I don't want to lead anyone on, so let me be up-front that there aren't any MOTUC exclusives for Power-Con 2020. I fought for them, and Mattel was very understanding about it and is also aware of the interest from fans, but Classics aren't slotted in for 2020. I can't go into details, but Mattel explained the reasons to me about skipping 2020 and it made complete sense.

I'm all for more MOTUC! But, how/when more Classics is released is Mattel's call. They've put the line into hibernation for the time being, and 2020 is a big roll-out year for new product and entertainment which has Mattel's immediate focus.

So keep the faith alive for more Classics, and keep letting Mattel know you want them! And if you're willing to do crowd-funding to make MOTUC happen (which, IMO, is a possible scenario), please let Mattel know that as well.
    Well, dang.

The transparency is appreciated! That said, best wishes to Mattel on Origins. I look forward to experiencing news first-hand at this years Power-Con.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Thanks for the responce Val, it's a real shame MOTUC is totally off the table .....even for Power-Con, But good on you for trying for the fans. I would be all up for crowd funding if Mattel were ever interested in offering the 5.5 prototype Star Sisters and or MOTUC characters in Two Packs like vintage toy Catra and and Vintage toy She-Ra.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior

First of all, the transparency is VERY much appreciated regarding MOTUC at Power-con 2020. That said....NoOoOoOOo!!! Colour me depressed. At least you pulled the band-aid off quickly, Val. Really appreciate that.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

It made complete sense?... But come on!
    Mattel wants to sell the new product without any obstacle an that’s all. This is the sense.
    This thing totally disgusts me!
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Mattel wants to sell the new product without any obstacle an that’s all.
    Considering a new line like Origins will greatly outsell obscure characters in an older line like Classics, what you said is highly unlikely.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Well, hopefully they’ll be some Minis exclusives or new She-ra Barbies.

Something besides Origins, because I’m not jumping in on those.

Fingers crossed Classics and Club Grayskull come back soon.

(Val, when you say MOTUC, I assume that means no Filmation/Club Grayskull figs either?)

Thanks for that straight forward post Val. It is much appreciated.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I wonder what the likelihood of PoP characters showing up in Origins is (similar to how they were included in the Classics line). I would be down for vintage inspired, but Origins-articulation style Catra and She-Ra for an exclusive!
    If Mattel did super-retro versions of them, that would be cool too. Basically, I'd be excited for anything in a smaller scale... 5.5" or 6". I think the 12" dolls (and the new Netflix She-Ra dolls) are very cool-looking, but realistically don't think I'd collect them due to space. Chances are they're already well into the development stage, whatever they may be. Can't wait to see what they are, regardless of what sub-line or scale they are though.