Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 - Online event

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm working with the hotel on the rooms. We will get through contacting everyone about the Attendee orders first, then we will reach out about the hotel rooms.
    Thank you, Val!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I think I see what you mean. It *could* just be a cardboard display box made to look like a carrying case, but not necessarily made of the higher quality material that the actual vintage carrying cases were made of.

Does anyone remember the JC Penney Commemorative 10 Pack? One of my biggest regrets is selling that on. Still brings me out in a cold sweat!

Anyway, my guess is that the packaging would be similar to that. Either way I can't wait for this exclusive.

Heroic Warrior
    Can someone talk to the Four Horsemen about doing more Mythic Legions Power-Con exclusives? Or even re-release Keltuss, Adamonn, or Unkann? There are a lot of great repaints they could do right now from Keldor to Megator to Tytus. Need more MOTU love from them!

I think that it's pretty darn cool that everyone involved is still dedicated to making sure fans have a great time at PowerCon 2020, regardless of the situation. No matter how you slice it, it's a lot of work!

Kudos everyone, and thanks!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    Can someone talk to the Four Horsemen about doing more Mythic Legions Power-Con exclusives? Or even re-release Keltuss, Adamonn, or Unkann? There are a lot of great repaints they could do right now from Keldor to Megator to Tytus. Need more MOTU love from them!
    Pixel Dan already did

Short answer. They expect to put items up the day Power Con was supposed to begin.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    Pixel Dan already did
    https://youtu.be/Y0r8m_kCpq8
    Short answer. They expect to put items up the day Power Con was supposed to begin.
    Bummer on the releases...
    Last edited by GoldBlade6; May 24, 2020 at 12:36am.

I'm working with the hotel on the rooms. We will get through contacting everyone about the Attendee orders first, then we will reach out about the hotel rooms.

Hey Val,
    I don't think I have seen it stated anywhere - how are you going to go about collecting the additional shipping cost that is due for merchandise? Will you be doing it soon, or closer to when the merchandise will be shipped? Will you give customers a window of time to pay for that balance due?

Thanks!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Hey Val,
    I don't think I have seen it stated anywhere - how are you going to go about collecting the additional shipping cost that is due for merchandise? Will you be doing it soon, or closer to when the merchandise will be shipped? Will you give customers a window of time to pay for that balance due?

Thanks!
    That info will be in the e-mail reply that every person gets.

Working on those now. HOPE to have them all sent by Friday, but it may carry over until early next week.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

That info will be in the e-mail reply that every person gets.

Working on those now. HOPE to have them all sent by Friday, but it may carry over until early next week.
    Val, if we haven't gotten any reply email as of now (In response to our 1st reply asking about sending the shipping payment), Is there something else we need to do at this time, or has there simply been a delay in getting those emails out?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Val, if we haven't gotten any reply email as of now (In response to our 1st reply asking about sending the shipping payment), Is there something else we need to do at this time, or has there simply been a delay in getting those emails out?

Thanks!
    Anyone who replied prior to June 4th (as I got a handful of new replies yesterday) has gotten details on a refund or S/H for merchandise.
    Did yours finally come through?
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Just for information’s sake, I was initially contacted on May 21st. Replied on May 24th. And was contacted about shipping on June 4th.

They’re working they’re way through everyone.

Anyone who replied prior to June 4th (as I got a handful of new replies yesterday) has gotten details on a refund or S/H for merchandise.
    Did yours finally come through?
    I have received it now, Val! Thanks! (And, I just completed sending the S/H payment... sad we won't be able to geek out about it with everyone, but still can't wait to get all this stuff later this year!)

Thanks for the reply, and thanks again for making this all an option, and for making Power Con a reality in the first place... Rebecca and the girls and I were just talking about how so many can't-believe-it's-real, once-in-a-lifetime experiences have been afforded to me (and some for the girls) by virtue of Power Con. THANK YOU.

Now that the pre-sale has ended, I'll chat a bit about sales.
    I know the price tag is what made the exclusive sell slower, which always seems to be the case for more expensive exclusives. But how the sales progressed was weird! Sales went very quickly at first; faster than any prior exclusive. Then, all of a sudden, someone slammed on the brakes. It changed to there being maybe one sale a day.
    Then, the very small quantity of what was left just sat there for a couple of weeks.

At the ever end, things picked back up and I was expecting to post a "Sold Out" notice before the end of the pre-sale. But I ended up having about a dozen cancellations with full refunds on existing Attendee pre-orders, and it seemed like most of those orders were the people who ordered over 3 of each exclusive.
    So, our inventory spiked back again. Nothing huge, but enough to prevent a sell-out at the end.

That said, we almost hit complete sell-out. And I have a feeling these figures will do quite well on eBay for the fans who may ever need to resell them.

In the meantime, BBTS took on some of the extra stock from what was left. So if you missed out, BBTS still has some inventory to buy from.

We'll have details coming hopefully this month about the 2020 online event.
    Also, if you had any general questions about your existing pre-orders from Power-Con, please click here to check out our FAQ.
    Thanks everyone! We all appreciate your support of the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in 2021. And I hope you all enjoy the free online event when it happens.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    I’m looking forward to whatever you’ve got cooked up!

Val, I really appreciate your effort in making something happen online and also coordinating the exclusives sale. I can't imagine how much work it must be to put on an event of this size only to have it postponed and have to unwind everything. I look forward to attending Power-Con someday and maybe the next one will work out for me.

Heroic Warrior
    If the 4000 travel credit becomes real then i think its time to even think of powering up power con this year. You might even get more attendees given the cred it and I am sure of the prices given the lack of demand

Oh, having this as a virtual even is cool.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    If the 4000 travel credit becomes real then i think its time to even think of powering up power con this year. You might even get more attendees given the cred it and I am sure of the prices given the lack of demand
    I don't think that's a good idea. Most of the major guests are pretty old, and considering Mattel's stance on Covid, I can't see them hosting any panels.

So like, it would just be the shopping part of Powercon, probably with fewer vendors unless Alan Oppenheimer has a death wish or something.

I kinda agree. As sad as it makes me as this is usually one of the highlights of my year, every year. We need to protect Alan! As well as Mark and Roger.

In which parallel world do you live in? The pandemic is not over.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

I trust that Val is smarter than to do something like this. Aside from the obvious health concerns, it's already been clearly stated that an in-person event for this year has been canceled and announced the 2021 dates. Trying to backtrack on all of that and spin up an event this year at this point would be a logistical nightmare, not to mention the incredibly confusing mixed messaging that would be sent by doing so.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    In which parallel world do you live in? The pandemic is not over.
    Dude, understand. The pandemicbisbprobabkybhere for a long time until there is a vaccine. Inwould not go to power con if a test is not a requirement.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I guess I agree. What about December? All this assuming there is a vaccine and etc.
    I trust that Val is smarter than to do something like this. Aside from the obvious health concerns, it's already been clearly stated that an in-person event for this year has been canceled and announced the 2021 dates. Trying to backtrack on all of that and spin up an event this year at this point would be a logistical nightmare, not to mention the incredibly confusing mixed messaging that would be sent by doing so.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Any update regarding the online events? Will they happen though and if yes, on the original Power-Con weekend or on another date?
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

I assume the dates are the 8th and 9th, as they are in the thread title. But yes, I hope we hear more about it soon. Between the SDCC event and this, it’s amazing to think that we may be getting a glimpse at some new MOTU content very soon.