Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 1,151 to 1,166 of 1166

Thread: Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 - Online event

  1. #1151
    In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    13,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I like the look of the origins She-Ra with the vintage tiara and belt/skirt.
    ____________________________________________

  2. #1152
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    15,280
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    She nailed it on the issue of color for origins. They look cheap. Way to bright.
    I prefer the brightness.
    As much as I loved Classics, I was always annoyed by the toning down of the hues on certain characters. Or the dark washes on certain figures. Origins reminds me about what I loved about the line in the first place... the amazing color palette.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

  3. #1153
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    4,260
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I prefer the brightness.
    As much as I loved Classics, I was always annoyed by the toning down of the hues on certain characters. Or the dark washes on certain figures. Origins reminds me about what I loved about the line in the first place... the amazing color palette.
    Beast Man weirdly has darker than vintage armor, I'm not sure why. His face paint is also less than ideal. I do like the skin tone on the new retail Mer-Man though.

  4. #1154
    Heroic Warrior jeffcope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Gresham, OR
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I prefer the brightness.
    As much as I loved Classics, I was always annoyed by the toning down of the hues on certain characters. Or the dark washes on certain figures. Origins reminds me about what I loved about the line in the first place... the amazing color palette.
    Right there with you! I love the bright colors!

  5. #1155
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I prefer the brightness.
    As much as I loved Classics, I was always annoyed by the toning down of the hues on certain characters. Or the dark washes on certain figures. Origins reminds me about what I loved about the line in the first place... the amazing color palette.
    I think the muted colors on Classics worked for that line. It was meant to be more "realistic." For that scale and type of sculpt, subtlety worked better, in my opinion. The 5.5" scale figures should always be more vibrant, imo.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  6. #1156
    Heroic Warrior melkor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    496
    Is there a thread already for Power-Con 2021? I clicked through the next pages of the forum but couldn’t find anything. Unfortunately the search function is still broken, too.

    But since the first teasers of Power-Con Exclusives 2020 were shown over a year ago, maybe we‘ll see the first glimpses of Power-Con Exclusives 2021 shortly? The Power-Con social media channels are very active lately also, so I think something is imminent.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

  7. #1157
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    846
    Well my PowerCon LoP 5 pack arrived today and..............underwhelmed.

    Packaging held together with clear tape, skew corners and the general cheapness of the display box has me fuming. Even the packaging of the $15 retail Origins figures feel and look better put together.

    Massively disappointed.

    151920630_410364220064783_1240898643743095848_n.jpg151867311_238097404698531_2185037157021817103_n.jpg151973815_768898774031217_8002932826732821772_n.jpg

  8. #1158
    Roirraw Cioreh He Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Well my PowerCon LoP 5 pack arrived today and..............underwhelmed.

    Packaging held together with clear tape, skew corners and the general cheapness of the display box has me fuming. Even the packaging of the $15 retail Origins figures feel and look better put together.

    Massively disappointed.

    151920630_410364220064783_1240898643743095848_n.jpg151867311_238097404698531_2185037157021817103_n.jpg151973815_768898774031217_8002932826732821772_n.jpg
    I thought the display box was the best thing going for it other than the figures being in collectors hands for the first time.
    Hopefully you'll warmup to it. Do you like the figures?
    @thunderpunchheman :Instagram
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

  9. #1159
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,504
    Really. Man I love mine. I still have it on my mantle in my living room. I loved showing my son the set while watching the grayskull documentary on Netflix again. Could it have been a better display box....sure. I think it goes quite high on the market now, so anyone unhappy with it could probably almost double your money.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  10. #1160
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Is there a thread already for Power-Con 2021? I clicked through the next pages of the forum but couldn’t find anything. Unfortunately the search function is still broken, too.

    But since the first teasers of Power-Con Exclusives 2020 were shown over a year ago, maybe we‘ll see the first glimpses of Power-Con Exclusives 2021 shortly? The Power-Con social media channels are very active lately also, so I think something is imminent.
    It would be really cool if one of the exclusives was from the Masterverse line.

  11. #1161
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Beast Man weirdly has darker than vintage armor, I'm not sure why. His face paint is also less than ideal. I do like the skin tone on the new retail Mer-Man though.
    Yeah, the dark red harness on the retail Origins Beast Man really annoys me. It should have been the color that the Power-Con Beast Man harness is.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  12. #1162
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    37,614
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Is there a thread already for Power-Con 2021? I clicked through the next pages of the forum but couldn’t find anything. Unfortunately the search function is still broken, too.
    Not yet. I'm waiting until I have some concrete to post.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  13. #1163
    Heroic Warrior melkor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Not yet. I'm waiting until I have some concrete to post.
    Great! I‘m looking forward to it.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

  14. #1164
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,136
    So with Masterverse looking much less desirable than I had hoped, what are the odds that Mattel lets Classics and Club Grayskull continue through Power-Con?

    Mattel did a wonderful job with Horde Zombie He-man and the Slamurai/Snake Troopers pack.

    Could we see a Classics figure or two each year at Power-Con? (probably along side Origins and Dad bod/Masterverse exclusives.)

    Club Grayskull Ram Man and single carded Classics Battle Armor Faker for 2021!

    Any sort of Classics representation would be amazing and be huge hit with a lot of the fandom...

  15. #1165
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    So with Masterverse looking much less desirable than I had hoped, what are the odds that Mattel lets Classics and Club Grayskull continue through Power-Con?

    Mattel did a wonderful job with Horde Zombie He-man and the Slamurai/Snake Troopers pack.

    Could we see a Classics figure or two each year at Power-Con? (probably along side Origins and Dad bod/Masterverse exclusives.)

    Club Grayskull Ram Man and single carded Classics Battle Armor Faker for 2021!

    Any sort of Classics representation would be amazing and be huge hit with a lot of the fandom...
    I'd take Disco Skeletor repaint in MOTU Classics at this point. Any Classics release would be amazing to me, but I just don't see it happening at this point.

    Also, I really don't think that the only style of figure to appear in MASTERVERSE: THE EVOLUTION OF HE-MAN, will be Revelation figures. I believe that it will be a DC Multiverse type line and we'll see different eras represented over the life span of this toyline.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Masks of Power Demons 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Like Shock Rock? Check out my band: www.reverbnation.com/massrejection

  16. #1166
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    So with Masterverse looking much less desirable than I had hoped, what are the odds that Mattel lets Classics and Club Grayskull continue through Power-Con?

    Mattel did a wonderful job with Horde Zombie He-man and the Slamurai/Snake Troopers pack.

    Could we see a Classics figure or two each year at Power-Con? (probably along side Origins and Dad bod/Masterverse exclusives.)

    Club Grayskull Ram Man and single carded Classics Battle Armor Faker for 2021!

    Any sort of Classics representation would be amazing and be huge hit with a lot of the fandom...
    I would love for more Classics to be made via Power Con, but I don't think it's going to happen. At least, not as long as Origns and Masterverse are around. For Mattel, Power Con is a marketing opportunity to promote their curent MOTU products. They are currently making Orings and soon Masterverse for collectors, and that is what they'll likely offer.

    I think Mattel saying Classics is "on hiatus" is a bunch of hot air at this point. IF it ever comes back, it will be after Origins and Masterverse are over, and may only come back through a company like Super7. I don't get the impression Mattel has any desire to do anything more with Classics, as much as it pains me to say that.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •