Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1166

Thread: Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 - Online event

I just ordered the 2 pack book set. Looking forward to reading both.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

I just got a notice that the pins aren't in yet so if you ordered those your order will not ship out until those arrive.

No word on the jacket already being in hand.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    No word on the jacket already being in hand.
    *looks at e-mail that went out*
    It says the ONLY thing we're waiting on is the novelty pin set.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I just ordered the 2 pack book set. Looking forward to reading both.
    Thank you so much!
    Same goes to anyone who has pre-ordered that so far.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    *looks at e-mail that went out*
    It says the ONLY thing we're waiting on is the novelty pin set.

Good to know!
    cogito ergo doleo

Not a complaint... but just posting for context...

My package of one LOP 5-pack and 1 MOTUO She-Ra arrived with no emails of any kind.

This is the first time anything like this has happened with anything regarding Power-Con related communication up to this point.

I also ordered the "toys" book package.... so hopefully the "all's well that ends well" element of the exclusives scenario will repeat itself... but, just a heads-up!

Of course as far as the 6 action figures... I'm in love with them... but as long as I got them, nothing was going to stop that. I think I'm pretty biased... and the LOP particularly was a design I had been craving long ago, once MOTUC made me realize it was possible.

Also, I like using the packaging for these type of figures as part of displaying them... and even the She-Ra's backing card is quite impressive, despite the LOP's being off-the-charts stunning in comparison.

I'm very grateful to have to these in my collection! Thanks Power-Con peeps for hitting these home-runs!
    This is a link to a YT channel "Dez360" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video Living In Eternia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmYGVhilGw&t=68s
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    Not a complaint... but just posting for context...

My package of one LOP 5-pack and 1 MOTUO She-Ra arrived with no emails of any kind.
    We've never been able to figure out why some people just don't get the tracking e-mails.
    They don't even show up in spam for some. They just never make it.

Everyone gets e-mailed a tracking link, but Skeletor intercepts some of them I suppose.

Anyway, sorry about that! And I'm glad they arrived.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

I just shipped my “pile of loot” at BBTS that contains the Lords of Power 5 pack and She-ra. I can’t wait! I now own every power-con action figure exclusive.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I ordered the Lords of Power & She-Ra way back when lol and they supposedly shipped on December 31st. They were supposed to be here on January 12th but I got a delayed shipment notice from USPS. Then I got another delayed notice yesterday. Then today. And when I try to track it I get no information on where it is now, just that it is arriving late, but still on the way lol. It's been 2 weeks now since it shipped. ��

Mine arrived today!
    I have to give props to whoever packed these up- I love the extra protection (heck, She-Ra even was wrapped in tissue paper) and it goes to show- people complain about high shipping costs, but people actually have to pack these up and get them out the door and in cases like this, do it with the utmost of care. Folks who are getting their Origins shipped from Wal-Mart or Target are having a far different experience with bent cards, figures just bouncing around in envelopes, etc. I appreciated getting these in mint condition.

And these are great figures!!! It almost feels like Lords Of Power and this She-Ra should be an entirely separate line from Origins- even though a great deal of parts are recycled from the retail line. What a difference better paint apps and some tweaks to things like armor sculpt or rooted hair make! I know it's wanting a bit much for exclusives to continue in this particular vein, but I really REALLY want a Lords Of Power style Teela or a Catra to pair up with She-Ra. And the comic that came with She-Ra... I had to re-read a part of it to "get" what was going on there for a second, but I loved it and thought it was pretty clever. And the easter eggs... I loved seeing the guards from the old Point Dread storybook/record set show up at the palace!

Looking forward to what is being cooked up for Power-Con 2021. I know I won't be attending in person this year (that virus ain't going anywhere and these vaccines aren't rolling out in a fashion that has me confident about traveling any time in the next 12 months), but I do hope to be in a position to purchase the exclusives and lend my support in that fashion.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Sigh. According into my tracking, my Power Con She-Ra has been stuck in Chicago. IL since January 2nd with no other updates since.

Should I be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by Panthor View Post
    Sigh. According into my tracking, my Power Con She-Ra has been stuck in Chicago. IL since January 2nd with no other updates since.

Should I be worried?
    Don't fret. Mine shipped 16 days ago and I still don't have it lol. It has been stuck somewhere since the 9th and I finally just got this notice...

Your item departed our USPS facility in AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 15, 2021 at 8:45 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

It's coming it's just very slow LOL. I'm hoping to get mine by Valentine's Day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Don't fret. Mine shipped 16 days ago and I still don't have it lol. It has been stuck somewhere since the 9th and I finally just got this notice...

Your item departed our USPS facility in AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 15, 2021 at 8:45 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

It's coming it's just very slow LOL. I'm hoping to get mine by Valentine's Day.

Looks like it's actually showing up tomorrow. It is now in Greensboro, NC...just got the notice. It seriously took three weeks to get here. And here's hoping that it actually shows up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    We've never been able to figure out why some people just don't get the tracking e-mails.
    They don't even show up in spam for some. They just never make it.
    I work with Web hosting Services, maybe kind of off-topic but this explanation could help for future shipments:

I got your email with tracking. And I could see it came from "stamps.com" ("Power-Con ")

I went ahead and reviewed the headers, and I saw the IP that Stamps app used:
    Code:
    Received: from o1.ptr1587.stamps.com (o1.ptr1587.stamps.com. [149.72.1.57])
            by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id xxxxxxxxxxx

That IP apparently is blacklisted by some public RBLs (Real-time blackhole list)
    https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx...7&run=toolpage

Not always Blacklisted IP messages or Spam get delivered by the Server to (at least) the recipient's junk folders. Sometimes (specially in strict environments, and depending on the Recipient's Email Server Security Policies and Spam Filters) that message (with Blacklisted IP) gets trapped in the recipient's server.
    If a Bounce is issued, then the "reply-to" address should receive some explanation to take action. But in some cases there are no Bounces, where the message ends up in a "blackhole".

Having IPs Blacklisted is a headache for Webhosting providers. If the STAMPS software/app is using a Blacklisted IP, you may let them know about the messages deliverability issues.

BTW, I got my Set in pristine condition! Thanks for good caring while shipping them.
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

Quote Originally Posted by modulok02 View Post
    I work with Web hosting Services, maybe kind of off-topic but this explanation could help for future shipments
    This is EXTREMELY helpful! Thank you SO much for looking into this.
    I'm going to reach out to Stamps.com and see what we can do in light of this.

Oh dear God...after waiting over three weeks for this to arrive...delay after delay...I just got a notification that it was delivered at 12:58 pm. No it wasn't. Not here. I am so upset right now what the [email protected]#$ an I supposed to do now.......

Oh dear God...after waiting over three weeks for this to arrive...delay after delay...I just got a notification that it was delivered at 12:58 pm. No it wasn't. Not here. I am so upset right now what the [email protected]#$ an I supposed to do now.......
    It may show up in the next couple of days. Often, drivers will mark it as delivered just to clear it off their truck itinerary. It shows up back at the depot, gets re-scanned and hopefully delivered by another driver. It sucks, but it's pretty common practice if your driver is union. Rank and file drivers get chewed out bringing back "delivered" packages, but there are certain clauses that protect union drivers from repercussion in that instance.

I would contact the shipping company if it doesn't show up by 6pm Monday.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    It may show up in the next couple of days. Often, drivers will mark it as delivered just to clear it off their truck itinerary. It shows up back at the depot, gets re-scanned and hopefully delivered by another driver. It sucks, but it's pretty common practice if your driver is union. Rank and file drivers get chewed out bringing back "delivered" packages, but there are certain clauses that protect union drivers from repercussion in that instance.

Wow ok thank you so much Night Stalker...you have put my mind at ease over this. Here's hoping and fingers crossed lol.

Also its possible it was delivered but to the wrong address. Happened to me a few times and my neighbors were nice enough to bring it back to me

Definitely contact the shipping company though. If thatís the case then maybe the driver will remember which house he delivered it to
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post

It was delivered today!!! Thank you so much for the positivity guys!!!

That's awesome. I know that feeling when a a package says it was delivered but it wasn't, especially when it's something you really care about.

Awesome! I've been there myself, so trust me, I understood the frustration and worry. I had a custom built guitar get marked "delivered" like that and stewed all night until it showed up the next day. Even though I was in the logistics industry and knew all about the so-called "Teamsters Drop," I was worried my guitar wound up at some random stranger's house.

On the plus side, it makes you appreciate the item that much more. Everytime I pick up that guitar I strum the chords to the Screaming Trees "Nearly Lost You." Kind of a private joke between the guitar and I.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Received my Lords of Power set, She-Ras, and the exclusive pin sets. Each of them are awesome !!!
    Everything arrived all nicely packed and worth the wait.Thank you to all Power-Con getting these all out
    Thank You for your support ....OCTAVIA 5000! Success rate 100% WooHooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    She nailed it on the issue of color for origins. They look cheap. Way to bright.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    She nailed it on the issue of color for origins. They look cheap. Way to bright.
    Well...they are cheap. Besides, they need something to distinguish them a bit from vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I love the way-bright colors. MOTU was always about wild concepts and character designs. The poppin' colors help accent that.