Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 in Anaheim, California

Quote Originally Posted by air7walk View Post
    Just a bit of a clarifying question -- since Power-Con doesn't have Classics related exclusives, will there be a new forum for Origins? I visited this thread from the main page initially, but when I tried to find it I was confused on where to look. I thought maybe New Media, but it wasn't there. I know this forum category has (2008 - ?) as a side-bar, but as Origins starts to become more prevalent, will there be an Origins forum specifically?
    There will be some forum rearranging coming soon.

Or...keep reading the bios!

I figured you guys had something in the works, and I'm easily confused. Thanks so much dorrmann!
    This could be the end of the world.. of warcraft.

Just a heads up to everyone here...
    We're sorting out the postage rates in case there's Non-Attendee sales, and all I can say is "Ugh".

The USPS rates have gotten to be absurd. The 5-Pack (or any order containing a 5-Pack) is going to hit people the hardest due to the weight & size. The other rates are still bad, but more tolerable.

I just don't see how anyone can afford shipping any more. Unless a person actually goes into a post office and stands in line to get the Ground rate (which is simply not feasible for a few hundred Non-Attendee orders), there's no online rate of any decent price.

On the plus side, we'll be partnering with BBTS again for 2020. So you'll be able to pick between ordering from Power-Con or BBTS. Again, that is if there's product left for Non-Attendees. Which I personally feel there will be, but I can't guarantee that as I have no idea what to expect since Origins is a new game.

I don't have exact prices I can give yet as Non-Attendee examples as we still have to figure out the packing labor costs, and material costs, and processing fees. But as soon as I do, I'll be sure to share some more info.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    There will be some forum rearranging coming soon.

Or...keep reading the bios!
    Maybe in a movie year!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    We're sorting out the postage rates in case there's Non-Attendee sales, and all I can say is "Ugh".

The USPS rates have gotten to be absurd. The 5-Pack (or any order containing a 5-Pack) is going to hit people the hardest due to the weight & size. The other rates are still bad, but more tolerable.

I just don't see how anyone can afford shipping any more. Unless a person actually goes into a post office and stands in line to get the Ground rate (which is simply not feasible for a few hundred Non-Attendee orders), there's no online rate of any decent price.

On the plus side, we'll be partnering with BBTS again for 2020. So you'll be able to pick between ordering from Power-Con or BBTS. Again, that is if there's product left for Non-Attendees. Which I personally feel there will be, but I can't guarantee that as I have no idea what to expect since Origins is a new game.

I don't have exact prices I can give yet as Non-Attendee examples as we still have to figure out the packing labor costs, and material costs, and processing fees. But as soon as I do, I'll be sure to share some more info.
    The price of shipping now is pretty rough for individuals and companies that don't have service contracts with Fedex or UPS.

I remember when they inflated prices 20 years ago and said "well, the internet killed traditional mail." Now everyone shops online and parcel transport is even higher. You would think that rates should be cheaper now.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I remember when they inflated prices 20 years ago and said "well, the internet killed traditional mail." Now everyone shops online and parcel transport is even higher. You would think that rates should be cheaper now.
    I agree. Or at least maintained. We all thought it was crazy ten years ago. I never thought it could keep going skyward.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

One positive way to look at it is, it's still (probably?) going to be cheaper than flying and booking a hotel (um... I hope... LOL!).

Val, you and others have worked so hard....beyond words...for this brand. It is not lost on me why we have what we do. I am not on the origins train, I just don’t care for them. I want my classics. That said. If any are left, I will be ordering the 6 figures and hopefully the hot wheels. I will keep them with my other power-con items. The money is worth it to advance the brand to long time fans and new younger fans. If this is the future, I will support the con regardless of my personal thought on the present line.

Thank you again for all you do. All of you.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    It seems like Mattel, since they are an official partner with Power Con now and are making a big push for MOTU and the Origins line, could help out with shipping the Power Con exclusives to help on shipping cost. I'm not saying this as a dig against Val or Power Con, but as a lamentation that a multi billion dollar company can't seem to help in this regard.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    If it's like any Con I've been involved with, it doesn't really work that way. "Big Company A" offers the Con organizers certain products, and the Con buys it straight from the company. They Con can either sell it or give it away, but Big Company A isn't going to throw money at the Con to help them ship it.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Will you also partner with an European online-retailer like Space last year?
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior
    I agree. Or at least maintained. We all thought it was crazy ten years ago. I never thought it could keep going skyward.
    What about flat rate boxes? There’s a large board game box

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    It seems like Mattel, since they are an official partner with Power Con now and are making a big push for MOTU and the Origins line, could help out with shipping the Power Con exclusives to help on shipping cost. I'm not saying this as a dig against Val or Power Con, but as a lamentation that a multi billion dollar company can't seem to help in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    If it's like any Con I've been involved with, it doesn't really work that way. "Big Company A" offers the Con organizers certain products, and the Con buys it straight from the company. They Con can either sell it or give it away, but Big Company A isn't going to throw money at the Con to help them ship it.
    Night Stalker is spot-on.
    If Mattel is going to do all the work, why would they bother giving us the exclusive? If that was the case ,they might sell the item themselves and cut us a check after, and that's not realistic. Them offering Power-Con the exclusives is their support, and that's already a lot for them to do.
    After that, we are responsible for selling, shipping, etc. It's like that for anyone they partner with on an exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Will you also partner with an European online-retailer like Space last year?
    Not for 2020. Sorry.
    International fans may want to organize with one-another; finding one person who can order for a couple other people so they can save on shipping.

We're still working through what the limit will be per order. But for 2020, it looks like it may be 5 of each item. That's not confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    It won't work with the orders, unfortunately. The flat rate typically works best if you have a lot of weight. They aren't so good for larger items that need adequate packing around the item.

Heroic Warrior
    Idk if you're allowed to say this, but will She-Ra be in a box like the SDCC pack from last year or a blister card?

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Idk if you're allowed to say this, but will She-Ra be in a box like the SDCC pack from last year or a blister card?
    I don't have any more information on the exclusives at this time. Sorry!
    We'll post images and more details as they become available before the pre-sale starts.

How will you do the stock with BBTS on this if you're doing the non-attendee sale? I just wonder how you can guarantee BBTS gets an allocation of any amount without holding the non-attendee sale first. A side by side sale seems counter productive if there's a set amount made.

BBTS would have to have a set number in order to insure preorders are filled after the con. If you sell out during the non-attendee sale, then what for those folks over at BBTS? I know this is all trivial and will work out but I'm curious. I'll purchase second hand and I'm willing because I'm not able to attend and I want the product, but definitely want a shot at this and am very appreciative.
    * IF ANY IS LEFT OVER FRON ATTENDEE SALE
    @thunder_punch_heman :Instagram
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    How will you do the stock with BBTS on this if you're doing the non-attendee sale? I just wonder how you can guarantee BBTS gets an allocation of any amount without holding the non-attendee sale first. A side by side sale seems counter productive if there's a set amount made.

BBTS would have to have a set number in order to insure preorders are filled after the con. If you sell out during the non-attendee sale, then what for those folks over at BBTS? I know this is all trivial and will work out but I'm curious. I'll purchase second hand and I'm willing because I'm not able to attend and I want the product, but definitely want a shot at this and am very appreciative.
    * IF ANY IS LEFT OVER FRON ATTENDEE SALE
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. But I'll give answering a shot.

Whatever stock BBTS pre-sales offers will be based on whatever stock is left by the 21st, combined with how BBTS and Power-Con agree to split up the inventory. All it takes is a quick phone call with BBTS to confirm what is available, they punch those agreed-upon numbers into their inventory numbers, and there you go.

With the Non-Attendee stock, it's possible BBTS may sell out before we do. Or vice versa.

Keep in mind that all of this is based on IF these do not sell out during Attendee pre-sales.

Whatever stock BBTS pre-sales offers will be based on whatever stock is left by the 21st, combined with how BBTS and Power-Con agree to split up the inventory. All it takes is a quick phone call with BBTS to confirm what is available, they punch those agreed-upon numbers into their inventory numbers, and there you go.

With the Non-Attendee stock, it's possible BBTS may sell out before we do. Or vice versa.

Keep in mind that all of this is based on IF these do not sell out during Attendee pre-sales.
    So to clarify that...
    Attendees sales
    Left-overs
    BBTS gets first dibs
    Then non-atteendes get whatever is left over after BBTS?

I don't care who I get them from...lol
    Just need to know where to be and at one time

You did fine.. lol. I was assuming you were going to give BBTS a set amount, not see what they get for preorders only. I should have just cut right to that.
    Also, I put *IF at the bottom so I'm following here
    @thunder_punch_heman :Instagram
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Not for 2020. Sorry.
    International fans may want to organize with one-another; finding one person who can order for a couple other people so they can save on shipping.

We're still working through what the limit will be per order. But for 2020, it looks like it may be 5 of each item. That's not confirmed yet.
    Oh, that's unfortunate. It was very convenient to order them back then at Space. But thanks for clarification.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

I really can't wait to see this She-ra. It may be the most excited I've been for an Origins figure yet, since this (presumed) version never made it into Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Flat rate boxes are trash. Way too thin. I've gotten too many figures ruined by flat rate boxes. It would be a disaster to use them for shipping expensive fragile PowerCon exclusives.

Have you tried PayPal multi-order shipping? It's the only way I've been able to get the ground (I think it's ground) rate online, I think it's called Parcel Select or something.

You just need to log in to PayPal and go to this link: http://www.paypal.com/mos

The purchase doesn't have to be made with PayPal, so you can use your own site to take orders.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan182 View Post
    I really can't wait to see this She-ra. It may be the most excited I've been for an Origins figure yet, since this (presumed) version never made it into Classics.
    Me too! Even though it's outside my reach, it's awesome to think about the vintage toy-design finally getting a modern interpretation / reproduction (outside of the New Adventures MOTUC She-Ra figure which had a vintage toy-design inspired bodice and the other toy-design elements added to Bubble Power MOTUC She-Ra). And rooted hair too!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm wondering what the head will be made of. It can't be too hard, otherwise it couldn't have rooted hair, but it also can't be too soft because it has to be able to be swapped without deforming. I definitely prefer the fillmation or reboot looks over the toilet seat mask tiara thing, but I love rooted hair and soft goods.

I hope people make custom accessories for these as well.

Heroic Warrior
    The power lords for 200+, but animatronic Yoda for 60. What's up with that. Hasbro, buy motu please

Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    The power lords for 200+, but animatronic Yoda for 60. What's up with that. Hasbro, buy motu please
    Supply and demand, as well as availability. It's very simple. If MOTU had the popularity of Star Wars, especially "Baby Yoda", things would be different. You're also looking at a Hasbro item going to major retailers vs a Mattel toy exclusive for a convention. So, your example is not a fair comparison for more than one reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Have you tried PayPal multi-order shipping? It's the only way I've been able to get the ground (I think it's ground) rate online, I think it's called Parcel Select or something.

You just need to log in to PayPal and go to this link: http://www.paypal.com/mos

The purchase doesn't have to be made with PayPal, so you can use your own site to take orders.
    It was looked into and there is no savings to be had there, unfortunately.

Heroic Warrior
    Supply and demand, as well as availability. It's very simple. If MOTU had the popularity of Star Wars, especially "Baby Yoda", things would be different. You're also looking at a Hasbro item going to major retailers vs a Mattel toy exclusive for a convention. So, your example is not a fair comparison for more than one reason.

- - - Updated - - -

It was looked into and there is no savings to be had there, unfortunately.
    Yeah, true. This is a collector's. Cant wait to get the powerlords.