Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 in Anaheim, California

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'd consider this: Mattel approved weekly MOTUC bios through November 2020. So, they haven't thrown in the towel on that line.

CG is part of Classics, so yes.
    Despite the packaging, Classics splintered off into two directions: Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull.
    But I'm hopeful for their return!
    I would love to see more Master Classics Figures in the future. I hope that Mattel will return with Figures in 2021. I think that there is lots of stuff to do. For Example: Rest of NA; Mask of Power Demons, Starburst She-Ra, Catra Catform, King Miro 200x, Hunga, Evil Robot, Lady Slither, Mantisaur, Twiggets, Imp- and Hordak- transormations, Leo / Magenta Faker....)

I hope Mattel will give the line a comeback!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbi1976 View Post
    I would love to see more Master Classics Figures in the future. I hope that Mattel will return with Figures in 2021. I think that there is lots of stuff to do. For Example: Rest of NA; Mask of Power Demons, Starburst She-Ra, Catra Catform, King Miro 200x, Hunga, Evil Robot, Lady Slither, Mantisaur, Twiggets, Imp- and Hordak- transormations, Leo / Magenta Faker....)

I hope Mattel will give the line a comeback!
    Me too...me too....
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Ticket price info has been posted for Power-Con 2020! Also, hotel room reservations start this Saturday, January 25th. Click here for more info.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Question that may have been answered last year... if you plan on going but want to stay at the hotel let's say Thurs-Tues that weekend, can you still get the discounted hotel block pricing for the dates of Power-Con, or does it only count if you plan on exclusively staying Sat and Sun?

Alternately, thinking about wrapping an L.A. stay into this trip... anyone here from the area take a train or bus into Anaheim from Downtown L.A., or would you Uber/Lyft it there instead?
    Last edited by zodak74; January 21, 2020 at 07:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jvs3 View Post
    ticket price info has been posted for power-con 2020! Also, hotel room reservations start this saturday, january 25th. click here for more info.
    sweet fancy moses!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Question that may have been answered last year... if you plan on going but want to stay at the hotel let's say Thurs-Tues that weekend, can you still get the discounted hotel block pricing for the dates of Power-Con, or does it only count if you plan on exclusively staying Sat and Sun?
    You can get the Power-Con room discount at the Hilton for Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday nights of the show, for as long as room nights are available, regardless of what other nights you reserve around those dates.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

You can get the Power-Con room discount at the Hilton for Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday nights of the show, for as long as room nights are available, regardless of what other nights you reserve around those dates.
    That's awesome, thanks for the info!

Alternately, thinking about wrapping an L.A. stay into this trip... anyone here from the area take a train or bus into Anaheim from Downtown L.A., or would you Uber/Lyft it there instead?
    Uber or Lyft will be around $50-75 if traffic isnít bad. The train is cheaper but slower. Let me know if you need any recommendations around either spot, Iím local.

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    Uber or Lyft will be around $50-75 if traffic isn’t bad. The train is cheaper but slower. Let me know if you need any recommendations around either spot, I’m local.
    The rideshare options sound about right and will probably be the way we go- thanks for the input! Most likely going to try to do a few days at an Airbnb in Silver Lake ahead of the con and head into Anaheim on Friday, stay at the hotel the weekend, do Power-Con on Saturday and do a day at Disney either Sunday or Monday. Been bit by the travel bug lately and figure- if we're going to go to that neck of the woods again, might as well try to squeeze in a few different things all in one trip!

Last year I found renting a car was the same price as the shuttle so we just did that. Honestly I was glad I had the car as it gave us lots of freedom. I found the parking cost reasonable at the Hilton as well.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Last year I found renting a car was the same price as the shuttle so we just did that. Honestly I was glad I had the car as it gave us lots of freedom. I found the parking cost reasonable at the Hilton as well.
    I like the option of renting a car too. We scooted all around to restaurants and attractions that we wouldn't have otherwise. Heck, even a quick trip to a grocery store for inexpensive meals is possible.

The hotel block is now up. This is a super nice hotel and the convenience of staying right upstairs from the con is totally worth it.

Sent from my Power Sword using the Force

Quote Originally Posted by He-Guy View Post
    The hotel block is now up. This is a super nice hotel and the convenience of staying right upstairs from the con is totally worth it.

Sent from my Power Sword using the Force
    I've booked my room. Agreed. My first year, I got a hotel down the street - totally nice, but considering people are up until 2am, it was spooky walking back at that hour.

Do yourselves a favor and book directly at the hotel. You can run up and down to your room as needed to unload any loot you pick up.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Room is booked! Bring on the con exclusives. whatever they may be.
    cogito ergo doleo

Our room is booked too! SO EXCITED! Bringing BOTH girls back with me this year!

We can't wait to see you all again, and geek out with you about all the cool MOTU/POP stuff happening!!!

Hey everyone! This will be my first year attending Power-Con and I am STOKED! I just reserved our hotel room and I'm bringing the whole family. I have a question regarding the Power-Passes: I know it says that it doesn't cover family members, but what about the children we are bringing that are too young to count for admission and that are too young to stay alone? I can afford a pass for my wife and myself, but what about my 3yr old and 6yr old? Do I have to buy a pass for them as well, or are they allowed to tag along with us? That's a hefty price tag for kids that age.

Heroic Warrior
    Hopefully Mattel will at least find some avenue to release the few remaining high profile CG figures of RamMan, Whiplash, Leech Bow and a decent Frosta at the very least

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

If one is just going to the Disney Parks besides Power-Con, I find Uber or Lyft to and from the airport is enough.
    There are buses if you don't want to walk it to the parks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HAR-MAN View Post
    Hey everyone! This will be my first year attending Power-Con and I am STOKED! I just reserved our hotel room and I'm bringing the whole family. I have a question regarding the Power-Passes: I know it says that it doesn't cover family members, but what about the children we are bringing that are too young to count for admission and that are too young to stay alone? I can afford a pass for my wife and myself, but what about my 3yr old and 6yr old? Do I have to buy a pass for them as well, or are they allowed to tag along with us? That's a hefty price tag for kids that age.
    If you think the kids will be around you most of the weekend, you'd be better off with the regular weekend passes since you can't take the kids with you to things like the green room, going in 30 minutes early, or sit in the front row of panels (young kids wouldn't want to sit in on most hour long panels anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by HAR-MAN View Post
    Congrats! You will have a blast. I recommend reading through the info/FAQ page, which I believe has your answers. Benefits that come with the Power-Pass do not extend to anyone else, including kids. You may need to coordinate with your wife as to who gets the Power-Pass this year. If not getting a Power-Pass, then it's not an issue at all because all kids 12yrs and under get a free kids pass (but must be accompanied by an adult with a pass.) https://thepower-con.com/information/
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Congrats! You will have a blast. I recommend reading through the info/FAQ page, which I believe has your answers. Benefits that come with the Power-Pass do not extend to anyone else, including kids. You may need to coordinate with your wife as to who gets the Power-Pass this year. If not getting a Power-Pass, then it's not an issue at all because all kids 12yrs and under get a free kids pass (but must be accompanied by an adult with a pass.) https://thepower-con.com/information/
    Firefly makes some good points, and ehenyo is correct. All of that info is on the FAQ on the website.
    Anyone who wants the benefits of a Power Pass must have one, regardless of age.
    On top of that, Power Passes are limited to 2 per order.

Firefly makes some good points, and ehenyo is correct. All of that info is on the FAQ on the website.
    Anyone who wants the benefits of a Power Pass must have one, regardless of age.
    On top of that, Power Passes are limited to 2 per order.
    Thank you everybody! That helps a lot. I might just buy weekend passes then. I don't foresee wanting to do any of those things if my family can't be with me. I appreciate the links and the insight. See you at Power-Con!

I wouldn't get your hopes up for your proposed 3-pack any time soon. I'd love to see such a 3-pack, but it would be a tough sell this far into the line. That's probably something that would have to go up for crowd-funding where fan interest would determine if it would happen or not.

I don't want to lead anyone on, so let me be up-front that there aren't any MOTUC exclusives for Power-Con 2020. I fought for them, and Mattel was very understanding about it and is also aware of the interest from fans, but Classics aren't slotted in for 2020. I can't go into details, but Mattel explained the reasons to me about skipping 2020 and it made complete sense.

I'm all for more MOTUC! But, how/when more Classics is released is Mattel's call. They've put the line into hibernation for the time being, and 2020 is a big roll-out year for new product and entertainment which has Mattel's immediate focus.

So keep the faith alive for more Classics, and keep letting Mattel know you want them! And if you're willing to do crowd-funding to make MOTUC happen (which, IMO, is a possible scenario), please let Mattel know that as well.
    Oh....the hibernation of Classics/Collector's Choice really sucks. Especially since I'm not interested in the other lines.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for your proposed 3-pack any time soon. I'd love to see such a 3-pack, but it would be a tough sell this far into the line. That's probably something that would have to go up for crowd-funding where fan interest would determine if it would happen or not.

I don't want to lead anyone on, so let me be up-front that there aren't any MOTUC exclusives for Power-Con 2020. I fought for them, and Mattel was very understanding about it and is also aware of the interest from fans, but Classics aren't slotted in for 2020. I can't go into details, but Mattel explained the reasons to me about skipping 2020 and it made complete sense.

I'm all for more MOTUC! But, how/when more Classics is released is Mattel's call. They've put the line into hibernation for the time being, and 2020 is a big roll-out year for new product and entertainment which has Mattel's immediate focus.

So keep the faith alive for more Classics, and keep letting Mattel know you want them! And if you're willing to do crowd-funding to make MOTUC happen (which, IMO, is a possible scenario), please let Mattel know that as well.
    Exclusive figures are great and all but honestly, I'm okay with none being offered. Chase figures and exclusives are what ruin collecting to me. They do nothing but make scalpers drive the prices up on the secondary market...even more than what they are originally. That and "gotta have its" who pay for them drive prices up too...SMH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Cons aren't for me. I had this discussion with Val before. I am certain it is a great time for everyone that attends and is really into He-man everything....but I am in it for the toys. Specifically MOTUC. I really dislike groups of people, even my own family... irks me when all my kids are in the same room with me at the same time. Online interaction is enough for me.

The shame is that I don't collect anything else. I didn't collect anything before MOTUC, and I won't be collecting anything after. I joined the .org pretty much when the line launched and once Mattel officially confirms its dead, I probably won't be here much either.

Some people are just not very friendly and I happen to be one of them. (I don't blame Val for no MOTUC exclusives, I know he tried)
    At least you're honest. I don't blame you about the crowds though. If any con seems like it's bigger than the year before or years previous it's probably because there are too many people and they honestly need to find another venue. We have Motor City Comic Con every May and I don't like to go anymore because it is literally, with the exception of a few areas here and there, shoulder to shoulder people. But...I'm talking more about when my family is with me. I myself can handle the crowds but only at Comic Cons and amusement parks. I don't like them anywhere else.

Heroic Warrior
    Will the Keldor Skeletor two pack be for Powercon or for SDCC?

Say what now?