Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 in Anaheim, California

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Considering a new line like Origins will greatly outsell obscure characters in an older line like Classics, what you said is highly unlikely.
    Nevertheless, I am constantly wondering what would've happened if "origins" had not been so close to the "Classics" model technically speaking. Perhaps the current strategy, badly experienced by many of us would have found a fairer medium, you know? I know about the several and valid factors mentioned many times but for me, this fact has some significant impact, alas.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

I'd consider this: Mattel approved weekly MOTUC bios through November 2020. So, they haven't thrown in the towel on that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    (Val, when you say MOTUC, I assume that means no Filmation/Club Grayskull figs either?)
    CG is part of Classics, so yes.
    Despite the packaging, Classics splintered off into two directions: Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull.
    But I'm hopeful for their return!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Well, hopefully they’ll be some Minis exclusives or new She-ra Barbies.

Something besides Origins, because I’m not jumping in on those.

Fingers crossed Classics and Club Grayskull come back soon.

(Val, when you say MOTUC, I assume that means no Filmation/Club Grayskull figs either?)
    Really hope Club Grayskull can move forward I love those Filmation colors and designs. I think the only way I would buy anything from Mattel is if they did Filmation based 5.5 Orgins style.

Hey everyone! This will be my first year attending. My son and I have wanted to attend for a while now, but just haven't been able to. Can anyone tell me the ticket/package/hotel pricing from last year? I know that might change, but I'm putting together a ballpark budget for the trip and that info would really help me. Any info you have would be helpful. I searched Google but couldn't find anything. Much appreciated! Little man & I are super stoked to be joining you all.

IMG_20190914_101158_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'd consider this: Mattel approved weekly MOTUC bios through November 2020. So, they haven't thrown in the towel on that line.

CG is part of Classics, so yes.
    Despite the packaging, Classics splintered off into two directions: Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull.
    But I'm hopeful for their return!
    From what I understand, Mattel wants to sever their connection with the Filmation version of MOTU. This is basically what James alluded to last year. If that's true (and I pray it's not) we may not see any more CG style figs. I really hope not, since Filmation is what birthed my love for He-man when I was a child. I'm all for the vintage toy & mini-comics, as I played with the toys and had so many of them growing up – but I was hooked on them because of the cartoon. I was born in December of '80, so I was a bit too young for the toys when they initially hit the shelves. But the time I was 3 in late '83, the cartoon had been in full swing for a few months, and seeing it on TV was what made me go bananas for MOTU. The toys exploded into our home from there. I pray that Mattel doesn't sever itself from something that means so much to so many of us, and what was responsible for such a major part of building the MOTU empire.
    Last edited by HAR-MAN; December 3, 2019 at 02:09pm. Reason: formatting

Excited to see you and your son at the show!

I can tell you this year's ticket pricing, even though it has not yet been posted:
    • each Saturday or Sunday day pass: $25.00 online / $30.00 at the door
    • each Weekend pass: $40.00 online only; not sold at the door
    • each Power Pass: $275.00 online only while they last
    The extremely limited Power Pass provides an Attendee with general access to the show with guaranteed front row seating in all panels during regular show hours (Saturday, August 8th, 10am to 5pm Pacific and Sunday, August 9th, 10am to 5pm Pacific), access to the Green Room with beverage and snacks during show hours and lunch from 1:00pm to 2:30pm Pacific, one free convention t-shirt, and entrance to the show 30 minutes prior to regular show hours. These benefits do NOT extend to anyone outside of the Power Pass holder, including children with free general access, friends, family or anyone else in your party.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Quote Originally Posted by HAR-MAN View Post
    Hey everyone! This will be my first year attending. My son and I have wanted to attend for a while now, but just haven't been able to. Can anyone tell me the ticket/package/hotel pricing from last year? I know that might change, but I'm putting together a ballpark budget for the trip and that info would really help me. Any info you have would be helpful. I searched Google but couldn't find anything. Much appreciated! Little man & I are super stoked to be joining you all.

IMG_20190914_101158_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

From what I understand, Mattel wants to sever their connection with the Filmation version of MOTU. This is basically what James alluded to last year. If that's true (and I pray it's not) we may not see any more CG style figs. I really hope not, since Filmation is what birthed my love for He-man when I was a child. I'm all for the vintage toy & mini-comics, as I played with the toys and had so many of them growing up – but I was hooked on them because of the cartoon. I was born in December of '80, so I was a bit too young for the toys when they initially hit the shelves. But the time I was 3 in late '83, the cartoon had been in full swing for a few months, and seeing it on TV was what made me go bananas for MOTU. The toys exploded into our home from there. I pray that Mattel doesn't sever itself from something that means so much to so many of us, and what was responsible for such a major part of building the MOTU empire.
    Wow, that is one big revelation on Mattel preference.. severing with filmation version at a personal perspective seems not right because popularity is an opportunity to make money business wise for Mattel.. Makes me treasure my filmation CG Classics more... and might be the only motu line with numerous figures that i will keep forever... too bad it is incomplete with main characters.

Can't still believe but glad I know and I'm informed.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Excited to see you and your son at the show!

I can tell you this year's ticket pricing, even though it has not yet been posted:
    • each Saturday or Sunday day pass: $25.00 online / $30.00 at the door
    • each Weekend pass: $40.00 online only; not sold at the door
    • each Power Pass: $275.00 online only while they last
    The extremely limited Power Pass provides an Attendee with general access to the show with guaranteed front row seating in all panels during regular show hours (Saturday, August 8th, 10am to 5pm Pacific and Sunday, August 9th, 10am to 5pm Pacific), access to the Green Room with beverage and snacks during show hours and lunch from 1:00pm to 2:30pm Pacific, one free convention t-shirt, and entrance to the show 30 minutes prior to regular show hours. These benefits do NOT extend to anyone outside of the Power Pass holder, including children with free general access, friends, family or anyone else in your party.
    And let me put emphasis on this: KIDS... PASSES... ARE... FREE!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    And let me put emphasis on this: KIDS... PASSES... ARE... FREE!
    Correct.
    12 and under are free.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for heads-up about no MOTUC for Power-Con in 2020. I would love to have more MOTUC figures, but I completely understand Mattel wanting to focus on the Origins toyline. Maybe we can get a Power-Con exclusive Origins 2-pack? A 2-pack of Teela/Sorceress or Adora/She-Ra would be cool.

I'm going to make a big effort this year, missed out on all previous years so far. Also considering a table, when do those go up for sale Val?

Thanks man and thanks for the shout out on my questions in a previous Roast Gooble Dinner (even if Penny hated it lol)!
    God I hate Stratos.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    So, Halloween Power-Con confirmed?
    Beware. Take care... Halloween Power-Con is definitely happening very, very soon!!... But only if we keep telling Val over and over and over again that it is. Feel free to remind him on a regular basis.

LOL! I hate my RGD co-hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
    Thanks man and thanks for the shout out on my questions in a previous Roast Gooble Dinner (even if Penny hated it lol)!
    Aw, I didn't hate it! lol! It just wasn't my personal preference, but it is a creative merging of the two concepts, and I can definitely see why a connection might be made between them.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; December 4, 2019 at 11:19pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Beware. Take care... Halloween Power-Con is definitely happening very, very soon!!... But only if we keep telling Val over and over and over again that it is. Feel free to remind him on a regular basis.

Make it sooooooo!!! And think of the related exclusives we could have!

Prices look to be about the same as last year, except Power Passes went up $50. It would have been cool to have Classics as exclusives again (especially toy colors Catra or Starburst She-Ra or mini comics Tri-Klops in Classics mode), but I'm mostly about the panels and guests.