Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 in Anaheim, California

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Night Stalker is spot-on.
    If Mattel is going to do all the work, why would they bother giving us the exclusive? If that was the case ,they might sell the item themselves and cut us a check after, and that's not realistic. Them offering Power-Con the exclusives is their support, and that's already a lot for them to do.
    After that, we are responsible for selling, shipping, etc. It's like that for anyone they partner with on an exclusive.

Not for 2020. Sorry.
    International fans may want to organize with one-another; finding one person who can order for a couple other people so they can save on shipping.

We're still working through what the limit will be per order. But for 2020, it looks like it may be 5 of each item. That's not confirmed yet.

It won't work with the orders, unfortunately. The flat rate typically works best if you have a lot of weight. They aren't so good for larger items that need adequate packing around the item.
    Can I just say I would be fine as a non-attendee if you just decided to go direct through BBTS?

This sounds likely to be the best option if they do a typical 20% markup and $4 flat rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Can I just say I would be fine as a non-attendee if you just decided to go direct through BBTS?

This sounds likely to be the best option if they do a typical 20% markup and $4 flat rate.
    We offer BBTS as an option because a lot of fans shop with BBTS, plus BBTS has been extremely supportive of Power-Con!
    At the same time, ordering directly from Power-Con puts a couple more dollars in our pocket. Not a lot, but every dollar counts when running a convention. So we're balancing fan needs with what is practical for the show.
    So we leave it up to the fan. Some want to support Power-Con and don't mind paying up front. Others want to pre-order and bundle with other items at BBTS.
    Ultimately it's your choice in the end.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    We offer BBTS as an option because a lot of fans shop with BBTS, plus BBTS has been extremely supportive of Power-Con!
    At the same time, ordering directly from Power-Con puts a couple more dollars in our pocket. Not a lot, but every dollar counts when running a convention. So we're balancing fan needs with what is practical for the show.
    So we leave it up to the fan. Some want to support Power-Con and don't mind paying up front. Others want to pre-order and bundle with other items at BBTS.
    Ultimately it's your choice in the end.
    I'm mostly inclined towards whichever is cost effective right now.

I'd love to make it out to Powercon eventually.

I saw Melendy Britt is coming. I'm glad She-Ra can make it.
    https://thepower-con.com/2020/02/melendy-britt/

Val, let me ask again, differently, so I understand. You are not putting any stock aside for the day/days of the convention? Everything is available presales? If it all goes, it's gone, whether it's attendee or non?

Also, have a closer estimate now on when these will be shown?
    Thanks!
    @thunder_punch_heman :Instagram
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I saw Melendy Britt is coming. I'm glad She-Ra can make it.
    https://thepower-con.com/2020/02/melendy-britt/
    Can't have a She-Ra celebration without She-Ra!

I'm mostly inclined towards whichever is cost effective right now.

I'd love to make it out to Powercon eventually.
    I'd love it if you can make it out too! Don't wait too long, though. Every year is different and you may miss out on guests.

Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    Val, let me ask again, differently, so I understand. You are not putting any stock aside for the day/days of the convention? Everything is available presales? If it all goes, it's gone, whether it's attendee or non?
    Correct. No DOS planned. If there aren't a lot of returns at the show, we may peel a few off the CS supply for DOS like last year. But, it's not planned.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Melendy is coming? Erika too? She-Ra celebration?

Now you're talking

Heroic Warrior
    Less than 2 weeks until the attendee presale, hopefully we will get to see these figures soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Less than 2 weeks until the attendee presale, hopefully we will get to see these figures soon.
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it may be the day before pre-sales begin before you see images of the exclusives.
    Mattel's working to get presentable images to us as fast as they can.

Heroic Warrior
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it may be the day before pre-sales begin before you see images of the exclusives.
    Mattel's working to get presentable images to us as fast as they can.
    Sorry, I didn't catch that, I thought when you had said that we might not see packaged pictures until day before pre-sales, I assumed that images of the figures out of package might be shown before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't catch that
    It's all good.

I thought when you had said that we might not see packaged pictures until day before pre-sales, I assumed that images of the figures out of package might be shown before that.
    Rest assured, I'll post images as soon as I'm able.

I exspected to see the figures (without packaging) at Toy Fair....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I exspected to see the figures (without packaging) at Toy Fair....
    Toy Fair would be a weird place to display con exclusives.

It's all about retailer relationships.

For instance, Hasbro displayed tons of retailer exclusives but held back on con exclusives.

For instance, Hasbro displayed tons of retailer exclusives but held back on con exclusives.
    Maybe, but Super7 showed the Power-Con Exclusives 2017 at New York Toy Fair back then: https://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/t...niverse-240543
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Maybe, but Super7 showed the Power-Con Exclusives 2017 at New York Toy Fair back then: https://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/t...niverse-240543
    Super7 even being at the Toy Fair is an anomaly in itself, since they are primarily a direct-to-consumer producer. Brian Flynn strikes me as the type of guy that says "give me a box full of our coolest stuff to put on display," which would explain why they display a little bit of everything at industry shows.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Well if that is the case Mattel would have shown nothing of MOTUC at Toyfair since it was tech a mattycollector exclusive.

Toyfair has long since stopped being about retailers when the internet came around and Toyfare magazine was popular. TOyfair has become the NFL Draft for toynerds and the companies use it as free promotion.

Mattel has show exclusives for numerous lines like DCUC and MOTUC

They showed the DCUC SDCC Doomsday and for MOTUC

2010 Molarr/Skeletor SDCC 2 pack

2012 Traveling Con/Powercon Temple of Darkness Sorcerss

2017 2 Powercon 3 packs

Subscription exclusive figures (sub you can ONLY have got on matty collector) like Pre-ternia he-man, Shadow Weaver, Horde Prime, Lighthope, etc.

NOW some companies hold back on releasing SDCC details mainly because things are not ready, not because they don't want to show something. Mattel for the past few years showed things around april or so for SDCC. But that is because things are not ready or because they want another news bump on the promotional cycle.
    cogito ergo doleo

Hey Val! When do we get to see the sure-to-be-amazing Power-Con exclusives? I’m getting pretty excited!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Hey Val! When do we get to see the sure-to-be-amazing Power-Con exclusives? I’m getting pretty excited!
    Val has said that we probably won’t see them until the day before they go on sale.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He already showed them to everyone but you.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Showed them? Heck, I've already got mine. I'm playing with them now. Take that, Early Concept Skeletor! Pew pew!
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Showed them? Heck, I've already got mine. I'm playing with them now. Take that, Early Concept Skeletor! Pew pew!
    Yeah even I got the set already here in Europe! Easiest exclusive set to obtain...They are neat.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Yeah even I got the set already here in Europe! Easiest exclusive set to obtain...They are neat.
    I'm already scalping eighteen of them!

Iím really excited to see how these guys differ from what weíve already seen. Either way itís pretty incredible to get the concept name out there on an official release. I wonder if thereís a possibility of a Fighting Foe Men set of the same figures in another deco or something a couple years down there line.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Dang, a day late and a dollar short, as usual!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I’m really excited to see how these guys differ from what we’ve already seen. Either way it’s pretty incredible to get the concept name out there on an official release. I wonder if there’s a possibility of a Fighting Foe Men set of the same figures in another deco or something a couple years down there line.
    On that FFM subject, I'd be happy to get the model kit vehicle pilots in 5.5" as a con exclusive and/or the unproduced last wave of MOTU.

And if Mattel owns the Jurassic Park dino molds, frankly, Powers of Grayskull would be a great brand refresh for this line in a couple of years at retail. I'm not saying to skavishly follow the original plan but He-Ro will be better known because of the Smith show and I'd be down for Dino Punch He-Man and all kinds of prehistoric new stuff alongside He-Ro and some concept characters. I bet He-Ro sees retail if the brand reinvigoration succeeds.

But plenty of room for late run prototype stuff at Powercon. Do the unproduced pre-MOTU stuff this year, unproduced post-MOTU stuff next year.

Or if you run out of things Mattel will sign off on, see if they won't let you do King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, New Adventures, or Jungle Jim as Con exclusive Origins figures.

A whole Jungle Jim year with the proto MOTU guys as 5.5s and a tiger redeco of Battlecat would be fun.