Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65

Thread: Power-Con 2020 - August 8 & 9 in Anaheim, California

  1. #26
    Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A thousand dimensions
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Considering a new line like Origins will greatly outsell obscure characters in an older line like Classics, what you said is highly unlikely.
    Nevertheless, I am constantly wondering what would've happened if "origins" had not been so close to the "Classics" model technically speaking. Perhaps the current strategy, badly experienced by many of us would have found a fairer medium, you know? I know about the several and valid factors mentioned many times but for me, this fact has some significant impact, alas.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

  2. #27
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,909
    I'd consider this: Mattel approved weekly MOTUC bios through November 2020. So, they haven't thrown in the towel on that line.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    (Val, when you say MOTUC, I assume that means no Filmation/Club Grayskull figs either?)
    CG is part of Classics, so yes.
    Despite the packaging, Classics splintered off into two directions: Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull.
    But I'm hopeful for their return!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Well, hopefully they’ll be some Minis exclusives or new She-ra Barbies.

    Something besides Origins, because I’m not jumping in on those.

    Fingers crossed Classics and Club Grayskull come back soon.

    (Val, when you say MOTUC, I assume that means no Filmation/Club Grayskull figs either?)
    Really hope Club Grayskull can move forward I love those Filmation colors and designs. I think the only way I would buy anything from Mattel is if they did Filmation based 5.5 Orgins style.

  4. #29
    Widget HAR-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8
    Hey everyone! This will be my first year attending. My son and I have wanted to attend for a while now, but just haven't been able to. Can anyone tell me the ticket/package/hotel pricing from last year? I know that might change, but I'm putting together a ballpark budget for the trip and that info would really help me. Any info you have would be helpful. I searched Google but couldn't find anything. Much appreciated! Little man & I are super stoked to be joining you all.

    IMG_20190914_101158_1.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'd consider this: Mattel approved weekly MOTUC bios through November 2020. So, they haven't thrown in the towel on that line.




    CG is part of Classics, so yes.
    Despite the packaging, Classics splintered off into two directions: Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull.
    But I'm hopeful for their return!
    From what I understand, Mattel wants to sever their connection with the Filmation version of MOTU. This is basically what James alluded to last year. If that's true (and I pray it's not) we may not see any more CG style figs. I really hope not, since Filmation is what birthed my love for He-man when I was a child. I'm all for the vintage toy & mini-comics, as I played with the toys and had so many of them growing up – but I was hooked on them because of the cartoon. I was born in December of '80, so I was a bit too young for the toys when they initially hit the shelves. But the time I was 3 in late '83, the cartoon had been in full swing for a few months, and seeing it on TV was what made me go bananas for MOTU. The toys exploded into our home from there. I pray that Mattel doesn't sever itself from something that means so much to so many of us, and what was responsible for such a major part of building the MOTU empire.
    Last edited by HAR-MAN; December 3, 2019 at 02:09pm. Reason: formatting

  5. #30
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,909
    Excited to see you and your son at the show!


    I can tell you this year's ticket pricing, even though it has not yet been posted:
    • each Saturday or Sunday day pass: $25.00 online / $30.00 at the door
    • each Weekend pass: $40.00 online only; not sold at the door
    • each Power Pass: $275.00 online only while they last
    The extremely limited Power Pass provides an Attendee with general access to the show with guaranteed front row seating in all panels during regular show hours (Saturday, August 8th, 10am to 5pm Pacific and Sunday, August 9th, 10am to 5pm Pacific), access to the Green Room with beverage and snacks during show hours and lunch from 1:00pm to 2:30pm Pacific, one free convention t-shirt, and entrance to the show 30 minutes prior to regular show hours. These benefits do NOT extend to anyone outside of the Power Pass holder, including children with free general access, friends, family or anyone else in your party.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by HAR-MAN View Post
    Hey everyone! This will be my first year attending. My son and I have wanted to attend for a while now, but just haven't been able to. Can anyone tell me the ticket/package/hotel pricing from last year? I know that might change, but I'm putting together a ballpark budget for the trip and that info would really help me. Any info you have would be helpful. I searched Google but couldn't find anything. Much appreciated! Little man & I are super stoked to be joining you all.

    IMG_20190914_101158_1.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -



    From what I understand, Mattel wants to sever their connection with the Filmation version of MOTU. This is basically what James alluded to last year. If that's true (and I pray it's not) we may not see any more CG style figs. I really hope not, since Filmation is what birthed my love for He-man when I was a child. I'm all for the vintage toy & mini-comics, as I played with the toys and had so many of them growing up – but I was hooked on them because of the cartoon. I was born in December of '80, so I was a bit too young for the toys when they initially hit the shelves. But the time I was 3 in late '83, the cartoon had been in full swing for a few months, and seeing it on TV was what made me go bananas for MOTU. The toys exploded into our home from there. I pray that Mattel doesn't sever itself from something that means so much to so many of us, and what was responsible for such a major part of building the MOTU empire.
    Wow, that is one big revelation on Mattel preference.. severing with filmation version at a personal perspective seems not right because popularity is an opportunity to make money business wise for Mattel.. Makes me treasure my filmation CG Classics more... and might be the only motu line with numerous figures that i will keep forever... too bad it is incomplete with main characters.

    Can't still believe but glad I know and I'm informed.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  7. #32
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10,321
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Excited to see you and your son at the show!


    I can tell you this year's ticket pricing, even though it has not yet been posted:
    • each Saturday or Sunday day pass: $25.00 online / $30.00 at the door
    • each Weekend pass: $40.00 online only; not sold at the door
    • each Power Pass: $275.00 online only while they last
    The extremely limited Power Pass provides an Attendee with general access to the show with guaranteed front row seating in all panels during regular show hours (Saturday, August 8th, 10am to 5pm Pacific and Sunday, August 9th, 10am to 5pm Pacific), access to the Green Room with beverage and snacks during show hours and lunch from 1:00pm to 2:30pm Pacific, one free convention t-shirt, and entrance to the show 30 minutes prior to regular show hours. These benefits do NOT extend to anyone outside of the Power Pass holder, including children with free general access, friends, family or anyone else in your party.
    And let me put emphasis on this: KIDS... PASSES... ARE... FREE!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

  8. #33
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,909
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    And let me put emphasis on this: KIDS... PASSES... ARE... FREE!
    Correct.
    12 and under are free.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,035
    Thanks for heads-up about no MOTUC for Power-Con in 2020. I would love to have more MOTUC figures, but I completely understand Mattel wanting to focus on the Origins toyline. Maybe we can get a Power-Con exclusive Origins 2-pack? A 2-pack of Teela/Sorceress or Adora/She-Ra would be cool.

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior SwiftJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    696
    I'm going to make a big effort this year, missed out on all previous years so far. Also considering a table, when do those go up for sale Val?

    Thanks man and thanks for the shout out on my questions in a previous Roast Gooble Dinner (even if Penny hated it lol)!
    God I hate Stratos.

  11. #36
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    4,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    So, Halloween Power-Con confirmed?
    Beware. Take care... Halloween Power-Con is definitely happening very, very soon!!... But only if we keep telling Val over and over and over again that it is. Feel free to remind him on a regular basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    LOL! I hate my RGD co-hosts.



    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
    Thanks man and thanks for the shout out on my questions in a previous Roast Gooble Dinner (even if Penny hated it lol)!
    Aw, I didn't hate it! lol! It just wasn't my personal preference, but it is a creative merging of the two concepts, and I can definitely see why a connection might be made between them.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; December 4, 2019 at 11:19pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  12. #37
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Beware. Take care... Halloween Power-Con is definitely happening very, very soon!!... But only if we keep telling Val over and over and over again that it is. Feel free to remind him on a regular basis.





    Make it sooooooo!!! And think of the related exclusives we could have!

  13. #38
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    11,604
    Prices look to be about the same as last year, except Power Passes went up $50. It would have been cool to have Classics as exclusives again (especially toy colors Catra or Starburst She-Ra or mini comics Tri-Klops in Classics mode), but I'm mostly about the panels and guests.

  14. #39
    Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,495
    It's a bummer that there will be no Masters of the Universe Classics exclusives for Power-Con in 2020. That's exclusive money absent for me, and I'd imagine a good amount of others. I have no interest in Origins. If Origins are part of the exclusives, it kinda goes against the affordability and availabilty aspects of that line.

    I do hope more of the 12" classic Princess of Power dolls show up. Otherwise, I don't foresee any exclusives I'm personally interested in next year.

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,929
    I am also disappointed that Mattel chose not to have a “Classics” exclusive (or exclusives) for PowerCon 2020. With the line in its supposed hiatus, I was looking forward to it having some kind of continuity via PowerCon.

    I personally think this is a very poor decision by Mattel, for a couple reasons...

    PowerCon started in 2011, and one of the main features of the show was “Classics”. Arguably, it was one of the top reasons why the fans attended. It’s been a huge presence, ever since. The fans and collectors have continued to support it for over a decade. Even if it’s only 1 to 5 figures, that would be a great way for Mattel to continue the tradition and feed the love and support of the community. It doesn’t have to be the only exclusive, but it’s clearly one that we, as fans and collectors, want to continue. So, why stop it?

    2020 marks the anniversary of She-Ra. After 4 years of “Classics” exclusives from PowerCon, the year that would be excellent to finally get a “Classics” exclusive offering for She-Ra...and it’s getting skipped. Seriously? With cloth goods getting introduced last year, this would have been the PERFECT opportunity to actually finish the original line of Princess of Power and get a “Classics” Starburst She-Ra...maybe even a Vintage style Catra, or a redeco of Frosta (the way we all wanted her). Heck, even Allepsatsac or Dark Grizzlor could have fit the theme. The point is, this has been something requested every year by multiple fans, and it’s a shame they are not following up on it.

    Finally, if this is a decision being made to simply not take the spotlight away from “Origins”, they don’t understand the fans. It’s completely possible to promote and support two different lines of figures, especially if one is limited to adult collectors and a single convention.

    For those interested, I put up a new poll, asking if you want there to be a “Classics” exclusive for 2020. It would be good to vote and comment, to show Mattel we still want the line to live on.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; December 8, 2019 at 09:14pm.

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,835
    Thank god it isn't near aug 21st again. That is our wedding anniversary, not sure I'd have been able to convince the wife to go at that time again lol


    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I am also disappointed that Mattel chose not to have a “Classics” exclusive (or exclusives) for PowerCon 2020. With the line in its
    supposed hiatus, I was looking forward to it having some kind of continuity via PowerCon.

    I personally think this is a very poor decision by Mattel, for a couple reasons...

    PowerCon started in 2011, and one of the main features of the show was “Classics”. Arguably, it was one of the top reasons why the fans attended. It’s been a huge presence, ever since. The fans and collectors have continued to support it for over a decade. Even if it’s only 1 to 5 figures, that would be a great way for Mattel to continue the tradition and feed the love and support of the community. It doesn’t have to be the only exclusive, but it’s clearly one that we, as fans and collectors, want to continue. So, why stop it?

    2020 marks the anniversary of She-Ra. After 4 years of “Classics” exclusives from PowerCon, the year that would be excellent to finally get a “Classics” exclusive offering for She-Ra...and it’s getting skipped. Seriously? With cloth goods getting introduced last year, this would have been the PERFECT opportunity to actually finish the original line of Princess of Power and get a “Classics” Starburst She-Ra...maybe even a Vintage style Catra, or a redeco of Frosta (the way we all wanted her). Heck, even Allepsatsac or Dark Grizzlor could have fit the theme. The point is, this has been something requested every year by multiple fans, and it’s a shame they are not following up on it.

    Finally, if this is a decision being made to simply not take the spotlight away from “Origins”, they don’t understand the fans. It’s completely possible to promote and support two different lines of figures, especially if one is limited to adult collectors and a single convention.

    For those interested, I put up a new poll, asking if you want there to be a “Classics” exclusive for 2020. It would be good to vote and comment, to show Mattel we still want the line to live on.
    agreed. very dumb and a way to alienate their fans.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  17. #42
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    4,297
    Yup. No MOTUC or CG is a massive bummer.

    Still, I'm glad to hear POP will be celebrated

  18. #43
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,909
    Get a glimpse of what made Power-Con so amazing in 2019! If you love He-Man and She-Ra, be sure to join us August 8 & 9, 2020 in Anaheim, California for an even bigger celebration of Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power!
    Pre-sale details for tickets, exclusives, and more coming soon...
    Directed by Daniel Benedict

    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  19. #44
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,483
    Can't wait for more details!

  20. #45
    Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    5,320
    I am so bummed that I do not have MOTUC toy colors Catra and Starburst She-Ra to look forward to, which is what I was expecting. What is the best outlet/forum to let Mattel know of our interest in more Classics?
    "..."

  21. #46
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,373
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but I was actually going to drop into PC this year to pick up my MOTUC exclusives, but now those aren't happening I won't be. I know the MOTUC world is small and shrinking, but they absolutely could have let Val have a couple exclusives for PC. Even a weapons pack would have been okay by me. But Mattel clearly has their reasons.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but I was actually going to drop into PC this year to pick up my MOTUC exclusives, but now those aren't happening I won't be. I know the MOTUC world is small and shrinking, but they absolutely could have let Val have a couple exclusives for PC. Even a weapons pack would have been okay by me. But Mattel clearly has their reasons.
    MOTUC Shouldn't be the onky reason to go, the show is a blast and so much fun. There will be a ton of stuff to do and a ton more to buy!

    Hopefully one day you will come!

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

    Abstract the Perspective

  23. #48
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9,664
    Now we know what my favorite movie of 2019 is!

    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Get a glimpse of what made Power-Con so amazing in 2019! If you love He-Man and She-Ra, be sure to join us August 8 & 9, 2020 in Anaheim, California for an even bigger celebration of Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power!
    Pre-sale details for tickets, exclusives, and more coming soon...
    Directed by Daniel Benedict

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukN4NTjaJvg

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior melkor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    346
    Exactly one year ago we got the first infos regarding the Power-Con Exclusives 2019 and a first teaser image: https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3820420

    When can we expect this for 2020?
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

  25. #50
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,373
    Cons aren't for me. I had this discussion with Val before. I am certain it is a great time for everyone that attends and is really into He-man everything....but I am in it for the toys. Specifically MOTUC. I really dislike groups of people, even my own family... irks me when all my kids are in the same room with me at the same time. Online interaction is enough for me.

    The shame is that I don't collect anything else. I didn't collect anything before MOTUC, and I won't be collecting anything after. I joined the .org pretty much when the line launched and once Mattel officially confirms its dead, I probably won't be here much either.

    Some people are just not very friendly and I happen to be one of them. (I don't blame Val for no MOTUC exclusives, I know he tried)
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •