Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super7 Conan The Barbarian Movie Ultimates

Conan includes alternate Conan The Musical head.

I might grab a Thulsa Doom to crank out a custom Great Black Wizard....
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I might grab a Thulsa Doom to crank out a custom Great Black Wizard....
    That's racist!!

I'm kidding, of course!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

It could be due to Conan's clothing, but I feel his shoulders look kind of too far down and gives him this stooped appearance.

And the alternate heads don't really interest me. They are essentially the same head just with the mouth open or closed.
    Last edited by Iluvart; December 12, 2019 at 09:08am. Reason: fixing typo

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    It could be due to Conan's clothing, but I feel his shoulders look kind of too far down and gives him this stopped appearance.

And the alternate heads don't really interest me. They are essentially the same head just with the mouth open or closed.
    Yeah... I don't know what it is, but there is just something wrong with this Conan figure.

I'm wondering if, instead of trying to go for the movie likeness, Super 7 should have gone for Ultimate remakes of the old REMCO line... the 4H/MOTUC buck is better suited for those exaggerated versions of characters.

And I've already mentioned remaking the 90's Conan the Adventurer series in this style as well....
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah... I don't know what it is, but there is just something wrong with this Conan figure.

I'm wondering if, instead of trying to go for the movie likeness, Super 7 should have gone for Ultimate remakes of the old REMCO line... the 4H/MOTUC buck is better suited for those exaggerated versions of characters.

And I've already mentioned remaking the 90's Conan the Adventurer series in this style as well....
    I think aside from the awful face sculpts it's the MOTUC buck body. It just doesn't look right for the characters. It's a strange mix of trying to capture real world likenesses and details then put on an exadurated charicaturish body.

4 Horsemen are good sculptors doing their own thing but when it comes to trying to capture real actor likenesses they need a lot of work.
    I used to think their Ghostbusters were really bad but these Conan and the Andre the Giant are even worse.

home alone.jpg
    Last edited by Mark M; December 12, 2019 at 08:23am.