Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Conan The Barbarian Movie Ultimates

Super7 Conan The Barbarian Movie Ultimates

These images that are just 4H sculpts at this point.

"Crom, grant me one request. Grant me revenge!" Charging out of the 1982 cinematic juggernaut is the slave turned warrior hero Conan! Conan The Barbarian will come with:

Broken Fatherís Sword
    Katars Gauntlets
    Alternate Head

The Conan The Barbarian Ultimate Figure is a 7" tall, highly articulated and fully poseable action figure sculpted. It will come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger." Straight out of the 1982 cinematic juggernaut is the savage warlord and sorcerer Thulsa Doom! Thulsa Doom will come with:

Knives
    Dagger
    Cape
    Alternate head with Helmet

The Thulsa Doom Ultimate Figure is a 7" tall, highly articulated and fully poseable action figure. It will come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box.

"You..." Straight out of the 1982 cinematic juggernaut is Thulsa Doom's loyal lieutenant Rexor! Rexor will come with:

Sword
    Axe
    Cape

The Rexor Ultimate Figure is a 7" tall, highly articulated and fully poseable action figure sculpted. It will come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box.

"You killed my snake. Thorgrim is beside himself with grief!" Straight out of the 1982 cinematic juggernaut is Thulsa Doom's loyal lieutenant Thorgrim! Thorgrim will come with:

Sword
    Hammer

The Thorgrim Ultimate Figure is a 7" tall, highly articulated and fully poseable action figure. It will come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box.

This made-to-order release will be open to pre-order beginning on Friday - December 6, 2019 and will close on Tuesday - December 31, 2019.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Conan's face sculpt doesn't really look like him and all the swords look a bit over sized.

Is this the shirtless Conan we saw earlier with a vest on, or is this a different version?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Is this the shirtless Conan we saw earlier with a vest on, or is this a different version?
    Different Conan. The one shown earlier was from the second movie, this one is from the first movie.
    My guess would be that S7 are planning to do a follow up wave with characters from the second movie including the Conan we saw earlier in the year.

Wooof.... these definitely need some more time in the oven.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Conan's outfit is a strange choice. It's one he wears for very little of the movie. Surely one of the more iconic looks would have been a better choice for the first wave. Like the final battle outfit or the war paint look.

As disappointing as the face is the sword is laughably oversized. Do the 4 Horsemen not have internet access? The sword size is very easy to look up. It's only 3'. Not near 5'.
    Last edited by Mark M; December 9, 2019 at 10:01am.

Heroic Warrior
    Those look horrid. Perplexing given what was shown before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wooof.... these definitely need some more time in the oven.
    Agreed. What went wrong?

These are not the working action figures, these are still only the painted Horsemen sculpts there are no pins in the jointed areas which show these are prototypes. So if anyone has issue with these ask the Horsemen what went wrong .
    Last edited by mjw41; December 7, 2019 at 09:17pm.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

WOW!! I've been waiting for a movie line FOREVER and I had "thought" that these looked REALLY good when we saw them in the case, but was that because we or at least I never saw them this up close? Geez and agreed, what the hell happened?!?!

Conan is by far the worst in a few regards, but not feeling the sculpt on Thulsa either. Just seems kinda blah lacking detail. I release that he's kinda bloated to begin with and all that jazz, but still doesn't seem right.

And on a side note...What's up with that Andre as well? The sculpts on that are some of the WORST I've ever seen. If thay didn't say that was Andre I wouldn't even know that "was" an Andre.

Are these really 4H? They look awful compared to the ones at Powercon. Easy pass.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Are these really 4H? They look awful compared to the ones at Powercon. Easy pass.
    It's a different Conan obviously, but the others are pictures of the same actual figures they showed at Power Con. Super 7 seems to have a knack for making figures look terrible in photos. I don't know what they do but it aint good.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Cornboy claims responsibility for the Andre on his face book page so I can only assume they did the Conan figures as well as I have no reason to think otherwise unless something changed.

Aside from the face sculpts on Thulsa, Thorgrim and Rexor I think those three look pretty badass. Great detail and accessories. For $45.00 though you'd like to see some smaller obscure extra objects from the movie as those would of been a cool add in.

It's not that the sculpts are the worst things in the world, but coming from the horsemen who are one of the best in the business you'd expect better. Detail seems to be lacking IMO and I think they need fine tuning, paint shading, or something or another.

The Conan however, seems to be a mess. I'm HARDLY getting a Schwarzenegger vibe from that. Does it "resemble" him? Sure I guess, but I'm sorry, it's amateurish and not at ALL something that you'd think the actual 4H did.

That head with the mouth open and seemingly FROZEN tassels in the wind look if that's what you wanna call it looks ridiculous. That profile photo of the head and head piece reminds me of medusa turning someone to stone or some crazy witch screaming at someone in a horror movie.

It also just seems very blocky and stiff I guess due to that chunky tunic. The sword as well does seem a bit funky.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Conan's outfit is a strange choice. It's one he wears for very little of the movie. Surely one of the more iconic looks would have been a better choice for the first wave. Like the final battle outfit of the war paint look.

As disappointing as the face is the sword is laughably oversized. Do the 4 Horsemen not have internet access? The sword size is very easy to look up. It's only 3'. Not near 5'.
    Im okay with the outfit choice on Conan. It's a deep cut and not one that was been done before by Neca. My biggest issue-other than the figure not looking too great-is that they didn't even give him those katar blades he wielded while wearing that attire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Im okay with the outfit choice on Conan. It's a deep cut and not one that was been done before by Neca. My biggest issue-other than the figure not looking too great-is that they didn't even give him those katar blades he wielded while wearing that attire.
    If you read each figures description Conan's states

Conan The Barbarian will come with:

Broken Father’s Sword
    Katars Gauntlets
    Alternate Head

Sometimes not every accessory is ready to be shown, but it states Katars Gauntlets

NECA did make him in that outfit. It was a better likness and better proportion and a lot more detailed.
    conan.jpg

NECA did make him in that outfit. It was a better likness and better proportion and a lot more detailed.
    conan.jpg
    Ah, you beat me to it!

I love both Neca and McFarlane's Conan figures... which is why I am so surprised that these latest images look so awful.

I wish that Neca was able to hold on to the license and add Conan to their Ultimates line, where they have taken past releases and given them 30+ POA and all kinds of new accessories. I would have loved for Conan to get this treatment...

Especially these two:

Last edited by Ornclown; December 8, 2019 at 01:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ah, you beat me to it!

I love both Neca and McFarlane's Conan figures... which is why I am so surprised that these latest images look so awful.

I wish that Neca was able to hold on to the license and add Conan to their Ultimates line, where they have taken past releases and given them 30+ POA and all kinds of new accessories. I would have loved for Conan to get this treatment...

Especially these two:

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...05/conan_1.jpg

https://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/2...scaled_600.jpg
    Yes NECA's sculpts are ever bit as good if not superior to 4 Horsemen.

I agree and wish NECA had got the Conan licence for their Ultimates line...they would be far superior to these terrible efforts from Super 7.

Now for an angry response from the Super 7 / 4 Horsemen cheerleading squad.

Yes NECA's sculpts are ever bit as good if not superior to 4 Horsemen.

I agree and wish NECA had got the Conan licence for their Ultimates line...they would be far superior to these terrible efforts from Super 7.

Now for an angry response from the Super 7 / 4 Horsemen cheerleading squad.
    I would never be seen as a cheerleader for Super7, but these figures are in a different style than the NECA ones. They are obviously supposed to match MOTUC figures more while the NECA ones are supposed to be hyper realistic. That being said, I also believe they could have been executed better. Besides the faces being more accurate I can't put my finger on what the problems are but they do just seem "off". Thulsa doom looks pretty good, but can't see his unhelmeted head on the body and how it looks there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I would never be seen as a cheerleader for Super7, but these figures are in a different style than the NECA ones. They are obviously supposed to match MOTUC figures more while the NECA ones are supposed to be hyper realistic. That being said, I also believe they could have been executed better. Besides the faces being more accurate I can't put my finger on what the problems are but they do just seem "off". Thulsa doom looks pretty good, but can't see his unhelmeted head on the body and how it looks there yet.
    Yes Thulsa Doom looks the best of the bunch but Conan is definitely the worst of them.

I think the problem is the MOTUC buck just looks odd for live action characters much like the live action MOTU movie characters.
    Personally I would have prefered more realistic proportions for the figures.
    Last edited by Mark M; December 9, 2019 at 10:09am.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope we will eventually see some figures from the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I hope we will eventually see some figures from the sequel.
    They have already shown Conan from "The Destroyer" during SDCC... I think that Super 7 is planning on doing various characters from the sequel... (and hopefully Red Sonja too!)

I don’t have a problem with the figures that’s been shown now for the preorder. I like them a lot. Granted I don’t have much insight into the franchise, these look good to me. Typical great work of the mighty 4H.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    I don’t have a problem with the figures that’s been shown now for the preorder. I like them a lot. Granted I don’t have much insight into the franchise, these look good to me. Typical great work of the mighty 4H.
    I am surprised by the reactions in this thread, I think they look good.

I think that Conan looks off but to me, the rest of them look great.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast