Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42

Thread: Super7 Conan The Barbarian Movie Ultimates

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,470
    Conan includes alternate Conan The Musical head.

  2. #27
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,254
    I might grab a Thulsa Doom to crank out a custom Great Black Wizard....
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  3. #28
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I might grab a Thulsa Doom to crank out a custom Great Black Wizard....
    That's racist!!





    I'm kidding, of course!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,837
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior Iluvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    353
    It could be due to Conan's clothing, but I feel his shoulders look kind of too far down and gives him this stooped appearance.

    And the alternate heads don't really interest me. They are essentially the same head just with the mouth open or closed.
    Last edited by Iluvart; December 12, 2019 at 09:08am. Reason: fixing typo

  6. #31
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    It could be due to Conan's clothing, but I feel his shoulders look kind of too far down and gives him this stopped appearance.

    And the alternate heads don't really interest me. They are essentially the same head just with the mouth open or closed.
    Yeah... I don't know what it is, but there is just something wrong with this Conan figure.

    I'm wondering if, instead of trying to go for the movie likeness, Super 7 should have gone for Ultimate remakes of the old REMCO line... the 4H/MOTUC buck is better suited for those exaggerated versions of characters.

    And I've already mentioned remaking the 90's Conan the Adventurer series in this style as well....
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah... I don't know what it is, but there is just something wrong with this Conan figure.

    I'm wondering if, instead of trying to go for the movie likeness, Super 7 should have gone for Ultimate remakes of the old REMCO line... the 4H/MOTUC buck is better suited for those exaggerated versions of characters.

    And I've already mentioned remaking the 90's Conan the Adventurer series in this style as well....
    I think aside from the awful face sculpts it's the MOTUC buck body. It just doesn't look right for the characters. It's a strange mix of trying to capture real world likenesses and details then put on an exadurated charicaturish body.

    4 Horsemen are good sculptors doing their own thing but when it comes to trying to capture real actor likenesses they need a lot of work.
    I used to think their Ghostbusters were really bad but these Conan and the Andre the Giant are even worse.

    home alone.jpg
    Last edited by Mark M; December 12, 2019 at 08:23am.

  8. #33
    Court Magician Keep-MOTUC-alive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville, TX
    Posts
    41
    I am extremely grateful for these figures. Back on the Matty Forums, I posted a wish list (basically listing every character from CTB, CTD and RS lol). Hope Super 7 does revise their Arnold face sculpt, I also want to see this line very successful. I love Pit Fighter Conan, I am confident that if we support this line, we will get the brown shirt and pants and hopefully war paint versions as well. I loved the Destroyer version shown at Power Con year as well, but would rather have it released in a Wave of Destroyer characters. I am very curious which characters or versions you are all hoping we get. Using Super 7's waves of 4, here what I am hopeful for in upcoming waves.

    Wave 2 [early 2021]
    1. Conan (Brown Shirt, Brown pants, removable fur jacket, removable broken wrist chains)
    2. Valeria (in when they meet her outside the temple clothing)
    3. Subotai (main outfit when he and Conan first meet) - smaller buck
    4. The Witch (with 2 heads of course, and monster hands!)

    Wave 3 [late 2021 - Destroyer part 1]
    1. Conan The Destroyer (what we saw at Power-Con)
    2. Toth Amon (2 heads) (tall like Mumm-Ra)
    3. Zula
    4. Bombaata (tall like Mumm-Ra)

    Wave 4 [early 2022 - 40th Anniversary of CTB]
    1. Conan (War Paint)
    2. Valeria (War Paint)
    3. Subotai (War Paint)
    4. Thusla Doom (Robed with snake arrow and additional snake head)

    Wave 5 [late 2022 - 40th Anniversary of CTB]
    1. Conan (Battle of the mounds)
    2. Rexor (Battle of the mounds)
    3. Thorgrim (Battle of the mounds)
    4. Valeria (Valkyrie Goddess)

    Wave 6 [early 2023 - Based on the old Remco Action figures Wave]
    1. Conan [with Warrior and King accessories, using Warrior color scheme]
    2. Toth Amon
    3. Devourer of Souls
    4. Jewel Thief

    Wave 7 [early 2024 - Destroyer Part 2 - 40th Anniversary part 1]
    1. Conan (with green leather shirt and pants, black headband)
    2. Malik (using a smaller Subotai buck)
    3. Taramis (in armor)
    4. Akiro The Wizard (using smaller Subotai buck)

    Wave 8 [late 2024 - Destroyer Part 3 - 40th Anniversary part 2]
    1. King Conan (end of movie on the throne look)
    2. Taramis (dress, crown and dagger)
    3. Jenna (with horn of Dagoth)
    4. Dagoth (oversized like Mumm-Ra or put Andre The Giant Ultimate figure into a suit lol)

    Wave 9 [early 2025 Red Sonja movie - Wave 1 - 40th Anniversary]
    1. Red Sonja
    2. Queen Gedren (with Talisman)
    3. Kalidor (in red)
    4. Kalidor (in black)
    5. Falken (with a small figure of Tarn)
    6. Brytag

    Wave 10 [late 2025 - Comic Book Wave]
    1. Conan (Buscema)
    2. Red Sonja (Marvel)
    3. Kull The Conqueror
    4. Toth Amon (Skull Face)

    Crom! My brain hurts

  9. #34
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,169
    Do we have any idea when the Barry Smith Conan is shipping?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Razzerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Antwerpen, Belgium
    Posts
    632
    Ordered two Conan figures, not really interested in the others. I’ll definitely order the Destroyer version too, tgat figure looked great when they showed it off at Power-con.
    Join MASTERS TALK on Discord!

  11. #36
    Widget TopToysLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep-MOTUC-alive View Post
    I am extremely grateful for these figures. Back on the Matty Forums, I posted a wish list (basically listing every character from CTB, CTD and RS lol). Hope Super 7 does revise their Arnold face sculpt, I also want to see this line very successful. I love Pit Fighter Conan, I am confident that if we support this line, we will get the brown shirt and pants and hopefully war paint versions as well. I loved the Destroyer version shown at Power Con year as well, but would rather have it released in a Wave of Destroyer characters. I am very curious which characters or versions you are all hoping we get. Using Super 7's waves of 4, here what I am hopeful for in upcoming waves.

    Wave 2 [early 2021]
    1. Conan (Brown Shirt, Brown pants, removable fur jacket, removable broken wrist chains)
    2. Valeria (in when they meet her outside the temple clothing)
    3. Subotai (main outfit when he and Conan first meet) - smaller buck
    4. The Witch (with 2 heads of course, and monster hands!)

    Wave 3 [late 2021 - Destroyer part 1]
    1. Conan The Destroyer (what we saw at Power-Con)
    2. Toth Amon (2 heads) (tall like Mumm-Ra)
    3. Zula
    4. Bombaata (tall like Mumm-Ra)

    Wave 4 [early 2022 - 40th Anniversary of CTB]
    1. Conan (War Paint)
    2. Valeria (War Paint)
    3. Subotai (War Paint)
    4. Thusla Doom (Robed with snake arrow and additional snake head)

    Wave 5 [late 2022 - 40th Anniversary of CTB]
    1. Conan (Battle of the mounds)
    2. Rexor (Battle of the mounds)
    3. Thorgrim (Battle of the mounds)
    4. Valeria (Valkyrie Goddess)

    Wave 6 [early 2023 - Based on the old Remco Action figures Wave]
    1. Conan [with Warrior and King accessories, using Warrior color scheme]
    2. Toth Amon
    3. Devourer of Souls
    4. Jewel Thief

    Wave 7 [early 2024 - Destroyer Part 2 - 40th Anniversary part 1]
    1. Conan (with green leather shirt and pants, black headband)
    2. Malik (using a smaller Subotai buck)
    3. Taramis (in armor)
    4. Akiro The Wizard (using smaller Subotai buck)

    Wave 8 [late 2024 - Destroyer Part 3 - 40th Anniversary part 2]
    1. King Conan (end of movie on the throne look)
    2. Taramis (dress, crown and dagger)
    3. Jenna (with horn of Dagoth)
    4. Dagoth (oversized like Mumm-Ra or put Andre The Giant Ultimate figure into a suit lol)

    Wave 9 [early 2025 Red Sonja movie - Wave 1 - 40th Anniversary]
    1. Red Sonja
    2. Queen Gedren (with Talisman)
    3. Kalidor (in red)
    4. Kalidor (in black)
    5. Falken (with a small figure of Tarn)
    6. Brytag

    Wave 10 [late 2025 - Comic Book Wave]
    1. Conan (Buscema)
    2. Red Sonja (Marvel)
    3. Kull The Conqueror
    4. Toth Amon (Skull Face)

    Crom! My brain hurts
    Wave 11
    1. Child Conan
    2. Weird gay priest
    3. Cassandra the witch
    4. The warrior who mistaken the best in life (with horse and falcon accesories)

  12. #37
    Lord of Darkkbricks Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SF, CA
    Posts
    1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Do we have any idea when the Barry Smith Conan is shipping?
    The latest email from Super7:

    Conan the Barbarian
    Deluxe Comic Book Figure
    Pre-Order Customers
    A Shipping Update

    Dear Super7 Conan Comic ULTIMATES! Pre-Order Customers,

    We value you as a customer and fan, which is why we are following up today to provide you the most transparent update we can on the shipping status of your Conan Comic ULTIMATES! Pre-Order.

    This release was on track to ship from our overseas factory to our fulfillment warehouse in California with orders scheduled to begin going out to all of you at the end of January.

    Unfortunately, when the pallets of figures arrived at the port facility, it was discovered there was a serious packaging issue with the release. As a result, we've had to return our entire production run of the Conan Comic Figure to the factory so they can each be repacked correctly.

    To further complicate this, our factories are currently off line for Chinese New Year, and this project cannot begin until they reopen.

    We understand that this release is already past the original delivery expectation and we all at Super7 apologize for this delay. This being said, because we are fans just like you, we are unwilling to deliver a package we aren't proud of. Instead, we are committed to valuing you and your patience with us while we get it right, and we plan to go above and beyond to show you we do.

    Since we will already be repacking the figures, we have decided to add a bonus “Thank You” into each package. We will now include an additional bloody sword and bloody spear with Conan. These will be in addition to the existing accessories of the sword, spear, and extra heads. When you get the figure in hand, we think you will be thrilled and excited. It turned out awesome!

    Once the packaging is fixed, the figures repacked and additional new accessories added, the figures will be on their way. Although not finalized as the factories have not reopened, we currently expect figures to be arriving in late April to our ports, with shipping planned to begin in May.

    We highly value you, which is why we have decided to be as honest as possible. Thank you for your understanding and patience and we will continue to send you updates.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

  13. #38
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    The latest email from Super7:
    May? Ouch...

    Is the extra pack-in supposed to represent the weapons that just stabbed us in the back? Ripped our hearts out?




    All kidding aside, it stinks that there was snafu big enough to cause an entire shipment to be sent back to China... methinks Super 7 is still getting the hang of this whole action-figure business.

    I hope that when the TCats and Turtles get delayed, it isn't by a large amount of time.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  14. #39
    Lord of Darkkbricks Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SF, CA
    Posts
    1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    May? Ouch...

    Is the extra pack-in supposed to represent the weapons that just stabbed us in the back? Ripped our hearts out?




    All kidding aside, it stinks that there was snafu big enough to cause an entire shipment to be sent back to China... methinks Super 7 is still getting the hang of this whole action-figure business.

    I hope that when the TCats and Turtles get delayed, it isn't by a large amount of time.
    I really feel sorry for S7 in regards to this particular issue, but also their business practices aren't winning my trust anymore! That's also why I've skipped on all their latest and very tempting offerings.

    Now, I'm just crossing my fingers for the Snake Mountain. That would be my biggest investment on a single Toy unit related to action figures!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,470
    A Super 7 product delayed, how shocking!

  16. #41
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,254
    This sucks, but at least they didn't try to hodge-podge a correction on their end.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  17. #42
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    This sucks, but at least they didn't try to hodge-podge a correction on their end.
    It makes you wonder what the problem was... my mind is running wild.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •