View Poll Results: Do you want MOTU “Classics” exclusives for PowerCon 2020?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want a new MOTU “Classics” exclusives for PowerCon 2020

50 86.21%
  • No, I am fine with no new “Classics” exclusives for PowerCon 2020

8 13.79%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you want a MOTU “Classics” exclusive for PowerCon 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. . Was saying this few weeks ago. I'd imagine mattel will push origins but there's a crowd that still wants classics and there's a crowd of that crowd want mattel classics oppose to what we have gotten the last 2 years or however long it's been. I loved this year's exclusives, it felt so good and smelt so great.. was hoping they'd do both lines to make the whole community happy. I personally have no interest in origins but I'm happy for the ones that do.

- - - Updated - - -

You can put me in the boat of what you jist said. I won't be switching, instead even though I'm not a fan of s7's quality, however I will be switching to conan, and thundercats and anything they release on the classics buck. Same with mattel if they ever use the classics buck for something, I'll buy it. But, I won't be buying anything from the origins line. It's not for me.
    I'm more or less in this camp too. Classics yes but origins No. 5" not for me.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I thought Power Con would be the perfect outlet for us to continue getting items for Classics. Even if it is only once year, it would have been awesome. Mattel really dropped the ball on this one.

The idea of getting Toy Catra and/or Star Burst She-ra in Classics had me super excited. So much so that I was likely going to go to Power Con this year for the first time. Doing so, for me is a major expense for me because of plane tickets. It is also difficult for me to get away from work. Without a classics exclusive being offered, I will hold off and wait for another year. Part of the fun would have been getting my Classics exclusive in person. Maybe Mattel will come to their senses on this and allow Power Con to offer Classics figures again in the future.
    "..."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I thought Power Con would be the perfect outlet for us to continue getting items for Classics. Even if it is only once year, it would have been awesome. Mattel really dropped the ball on this one.

The idea of getting Toy Catra and/or Star Burst She-ra in Classics had me super excited. So much so that I was likely going to go to Power Con this year for the first time. Doing so, for me is a major expense for me because of plane tickets. It is also difficult for me to get away from work. Without a classics exclusive being offered, I will hold off and wait for another year. Part of the fun would have been getting my Classics exclusive in person. Maybe Mattel will come to their senses on this and allow Power Con to offer Classics figures again in the future.
    I completely hear where you're coming from. I'm VERY disappointed with no future MOTUC releases at Power-Con and agree that Mattel has really dropped the ball on this one...

Not a great decision, IMHO.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Wanted in MOTUO: 1) Tri-Klops 2) Dragon Blaster Skeletor

Mattel has rarely shown they understand their MOTU brand. They have traditionally always played it so close to the vest. They hold tight onto it. The brand suffers due to that.

It allows what has been produced to be of a more consistent superior quality because of it but I'd sorta like the name recognition that evergreen Transformers & GI Joe enjoy.

They also seem not to understand allowing things to continue, because of their obsessive tight control. Like how Val could not keep up with the comics back in 200x even though it would not have hurt them, etc.

Here's to some few Classics style slipping in one way or another eventually. I still want my dang Songster!

You know what, a Power Con exclusive that should have happened is the Club Grayskull James Eatock Blue Faker.

Really, that should had happened.

UPDATE:

And to be blunt about it, also Christmas Smiling Skeletor with Relay and Santa suit Prince Adam too.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 24, 2020 at 08:42am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    You know what, a Power Con exclusive that should have happened is the Club Grayskull James Eatock Blue Faker.

Really, that should had happened.

UPDATE:

And to be blunt about it, also Christmas Smiling Skeletor with Relay and Santa suit Prince Adam too.

I am glad I got the christmas He Man, though it was really just neat packaging, hat, & sword. I was fully expecting Smiling Skeletor pack in head, or Relay, or full santa suit Heman. Honestly I didnt need full Santa suit He Man (though it would have been obvious really,) but the skelly/relay thing was just too obviously a get that was missed. I'd still think it tops.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I am glad I got the christmas He Man, though it was really just neat packaging, hat, & sword. I was fully expecting Smiling Skeletor pack in head, or Relay, or full santa suit Heman. Honestly I didnt need full Santa suit He Man (though it would have been obvious really,) but the skelly/relay thing was just too obviously a get that was missed. I'd still think it tops.
    There is still a lot for Classics really... exclusive and usual releases. Stopping it is kinda mind boggling still.

Yes! Classics should continue!
    Powercon exclusives would be a great start!
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

Ending Classics doesn't make a lot of sense especially they are not even handling them especially if a next wave will be offeree it will only be delivered next year and could have been in the middle of it the earliest.