Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Heroic Warrior

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

PLEASE be as good as it looks.

I would like to reclaim at least ONE franchise from the disease infecting hollywood as of current.

Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

Looks great. A proper sequel unlike that abomination reboot.

Yeah, it totally looks like Stranger Things with a Ghostbusters skin, but man, did I smile through the entire thing.

Can. Not. Wait.

Heroic Warrior
    Needs more feminism and diversity for my tastes. The trailer just reeks of sexism, racism, and at least five phobias.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    PLEASE be as good as it looks.

I would like to reclaim at least ONE franchise from the disease infecting hollywood as of current.
    Cobra Kai (particularly Season 1) did a fantastic job honoring and continuing the legacy of The Karate Kid series.

I seriously loved this trailer. Holding out hopes that it will be true to the fans and the heart of the original movie.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

I'm excited for this; it looks like a lot of fun with a great respect for the original stuff.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Needs more feminism and diversity for my tastes. The trailer just reeks of sexism, racism, and at least five phobias.
    That is a very pentaphobic statement, Rockin. Geez!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Am I the only one that thought the trailer had way too serious of a tone for the franchise? I mean... the original was a comedy, of course. This just doesn't capture that spirit to me. I'll see it. But this trailer didn't have me super excited.

(Also, I just realized I said "capture that spirit"... like Ghostbusters do. GET IT?!?!)

-Johnny C

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    sadly, there are already twitter 'puritans' who are saying the exact same thing, only in a serious tone.

Hopefully, the upvotes versus the downvote ratio will quiet them fast. it's ALREADY approaching half a million likes .

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Am I the only one that thought the trailer had way too serious of a tone for the franchise? I mean... the original was a comedy, of course. This just doesn't capture that spirit to me. I'll see it. But this trailer didn't have me super excited.

(Also, I just realized I said "capture that spirit"... like Ghostbusters do. GET IT?!?!)

-Johnny C
    I can kinda see what you mean, but with Paul Rudd in the movie, it's guaranteed to have comedy!

I'm looking forward to this.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I don't know--This trailer doesn't look so great to me. In my mind the Ghostbusters should be fighting it out in NYC and not some small town. Like someone else said, this looks like Spykids: Ghostbusters edition and something about the tone of the trailer seemds kinda depressing, too ...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Cobra Kai (particularly Season 1) did a fantastic job honoring and continuing the legacy of The Karate Kid series.
    Cobra Kai, Dark Crystal Age of Resistance and Blade Runner 2049 are the only 80s retro movie revivals done right, they are done by talented people who are fans of the movies and knows what made the movies work and had passion for the movies and the projects they were doing. Unlike halfassed attempts like Ghostbusters 2016 aka Garbagebusters, Robocrap 2014, Elm Street etc. which were soulless moneygrabs done with no passion, no love for the material, poor writers and people who were not fans of the material but only did it for a paycheck.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I don't know--This trailer doesn't look so great to me. In my mind the Ghostbusters should be fighting it out in NYC and not some small town. Like someone else said, this looks like Spykids: Ghostbusters edition and something about the tone of the trailer seemds kinda depressing, too ...
    Actually I am realy pleased they changed the location. GB1, GB2, GB Video Game, GB 2016, RGB and EGB were all set in NYC.
    The ols Spengler farmohouse and a different locaion is a great choice in my opinion.

Although it would have been nice to hear the claasic GB theme in the trailer.

BTW Hasbro are making toys for the new movie which is awesome. The Mattel Ghostbusters toys were absolutely crap...especially the face sculpts.
    Last edited by Mark M; December 9, 2019 at 04:20pm.

Ok. This was a lot better than I thought it would be. The kids honestly seem to be charismatic and right for their roles, the nostalgia vibes were done in a way that was rather tasteful, I love how they are handling Egon.

The overall plot is interesting. But the original busters have to have more than just a little cameo role. The kids are fine but they aren't' strong enough to carry the film or stop this new supernatural threat. My guess is that Jason and the company know that and the original team saves the world one last time with the help of Egon's grandkids and their friends.

They are just saving the scenes with the original busters for a later trailer or saving them period for when people go to see the movie. Which would be a smart move. This was a solid teaser trailer. It got me intrigued without giving too much away and had passion and respect for the franchise throughout. And that goes a long way.

Looks like an improvement over the abortion that was Garbagebusters 2016
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Oh, miss, I have every right. Just look at all the phobes, phobics, and phobists out there! Thank God you are here for the much-needed female representation on these boards. There is much work to be done yet with representation and inclusiveness, but it's a start!

Better then I thought that it would have been as I was expecting trash, but totally felt like a Goonies spin-off, encased in an "It Chapter 2" trailer, with a dash of Ghostbusters nostalgia.

I think this is an awesome trailer for a movie that I would love to see, except that it does not "feel" like a Ghostbusters movie. This trailer seems to be a movie in tone and style like ET, Bumblebee, Back to the Future, Stranger Things, Gremlins, Super 8, etc. Those are all movie that I love, but again, they are NOT Ghostbusters. To me, Ghostbusters is first and foremost a comedy in a supernatural/sci-fi setting. And, yes, there was only one good Ghostbusters movie made so far, although the animated series has some really good episodes.

I get that the "Amblin-Style" is all the rage now, but I do not like applying it to Ghostbusters. It worked great for Bumblebee, but not Ghostbusters. When I heard the Peter Venkman sing-song line "call it fate.." voice-over when the kids entered the ranch, it was ridiculous. In the original movie, Venkman was singing it as a sarcastic, silly way to get Ray to go along with his plan to start a business in-line with his character who did not take anything seriously. And now, they use it in a trailer in a serious manner. It's like they totally missed the point of the way the line was first used.

Maybe the movie will be a weird blend of Stranger Things and Ghostbusters that will work. But so far, I'm not seeing it.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Maybe it’s because I’ve never watched stranger things but this trailer doesn’t make me want to rush out and see this, still it’s early days yet and there’ll be more trailers to come.

I really, really wish they were teenagers and not little kids, but alas. I didn't hate the trailer. It was okay. We'll have to wait and see I suppose
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post

-Johnny C
    I feel you. So far it looks like a good movie, honoring the original in a positive manner. But it did feel more like Stranger Things. Maybe the next trailer will showcase more of the humor. Possibly this trailer intended to feel like it did to capture the younger/newer audience with that Stranger Things vibe. I’m sure as we get closer to the released age and longer trailers emerge we may see some of that wit. I’m hopefully optimistic.

Heroic Warrior
    I watched the trailer then watched other people react to said video. and as I was watching all of that I started to cry. Why? the movie just feels right. it made me think about the original crew and the original times.

I think the trailer started off to slow. there for a moment I thought I WASN'T watching the right trailer. Just enough was showed. and that's good. I had to have some things pointed out since it's been a looong time since I saw the original one.

ok. the "afterlife" bit. I don't like it. 1. #2 didn't have one. sub-title. or what ever it's called. 2. it doesn't seem to make sense. it sticks out like a sore thumb. I hope it's tied into the movie.

since I haven't seen Stranger Things I DON'T get that vibe but I guess others have.

I have hopes for this movie. I worry. wonder. how much screen time the originals will have.

I like Ivan's son is doing it. Keeping it in the family.

I like how the new generation is introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I watched the trailer then watched other people react to said video. and as I was watching all of that I started to cry. Why? the movie just feels right. it made me think about the original crew and the original times.

I think the trailer started off to slow. there for a moment I thought I WASN'T watching the right trailer. Just enough was showed. and that's good. I had to have some things pointed out since it's been a looong time since I saw the original one.

ok. the "afterlife" bit. I don't like it. 1. #2 didn't have one. sub-title. or what ever it's called. 2. it doesn't seem to make sense. it sticks out like a sore thumb. I hope it's tied into the movie.

since I haven't seen Stranger Things I DON'T get that vibe but I guess others have.

I have hopes for this movie. I worry. wonder. how much screen time the originals will have.

I like Ivan's son is doing it. Keeping it in the family.

I like how the new generation is introduced.
    When I saw the old uniforms I teared up too.

It was an OK trailer. It's missing something that I can't put my finger on. I can't wait though for the next trailer. Hopefully we'll get that cameo of Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I really, really wish they were teenagers and not little kids, but alas. I didn't hate the trailer. It was okay. We'll have to wait and see I suppose
    Think of it this way - if it does well, we may have another sequel in 30 years with them as adults!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Think of it this way - if it does well, we may have another sequel in 30 years with them as adults!
    which is probably what they where hoping for. star power with ant man, future power with kids.