Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ghostbusters: Afterlife

We had Ghost Busters then Girl Busters and now ............ Child Busters. I guess the girl busters made a few bucks at the box office . At least its trying to link the original .

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Leslie Jones has and I can't repeat what she said without breaking forum rules. Just seeing how upset she got made the whole movie worth it.
    Should be second nature at this point to say "Oh yeah... all your movies sucked and we're going to pretend they don't exist..." Just ask the people involved with Terminator, Halloween, Alien, Superman, Etc. etc.

Watched the trailer yesterday too .... it is interesting, but it feels a bit too serious for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Leslie Jones has and I can't repeat what she said without breaking forum rules. Just seeing how upset she got made the whole movie worth it.
    LOL her and Melissa were the two worst castings of the 2016 movie.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Watched the trailer yesterday too .... it is interesting, but it feels a bit too serious for me.
    That has me worried too. The first 2 GB films didn’t take themselves to seriously. It makes me wonder if Janine Will be the mother of the mother of the 2 kids.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    The original movie's trailer wasn't exactly a laugh a minute. I wouldn't worry about it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    nice. not a bad idea. Hadn't thought about that. I had something else in mind.
    The mine shaft was apparently owned by Shandor Mining based on eager eyed fans and it’s implied that this town is where the materials used in Dana’s apartment building came from.

From what it seems to me: the ghost busting business dried up. Egon and Ray probably devoted their lives to researching Tobin’s Spirit Guide and leylines and the construction of Dana’s apartment building. Egon tended to his spores, molds, and funguses. Janine probably left him with their daughter and Egon was the old crackpot waiting for a new ghost event.

I figure what we’ll get back from the original is the dryness. The sense that these guys are academics.

Well, Peter probably went into reality TV or something until he got sued into oblivion. At best maybe he was a positive influence on Oscar who could be the kids’ father.

Winston probably went into waste management administration or something.

I think what fans here and with Star Wars need to embrace is that — when revisiting an old franchise — the best angle of attack by screenwriting rules is for the most depressing version of events possible to have played out offscreen so that you can do a redemption arc.

I lay pretty decent odds that they’re all dead and if not, Ray’s in a psych ward for the criminally insane and Peter’s been through a bunch of marriages and lawsuits and Winston probably had the best luck of any of them but that they all ended up disrespected and kind of lost so that they can get vindicated again.

It’s just not going to be something where Peter is the President of the United States and they have a 1700 location Ghostbusters franchise and that version of the movie would be unfilmable. Because there’s no real arc left to pin new movies on unless they either screwed up or the world rejected or forgot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    We had Ghost Busters then Girl Busters and now ............ Child Busters. I guess the girl busters made a few bucks at the box office . At least its trying to link the original .
    Garbagebusters 2016 underperformed at the box-office actually.

This doesn't look too bad despite the idea of having kids as Ghostbusters when it could had been teens you know as you know the proton pack is not a toy like Egon in GB 2 said.

But it is linked to the first 2 and video game from 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    The original movie's trailer wasn't exactly a laugh a minute. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Yes the original teaser had humor from the 1984 film and didn't show up with humor until the movie premiered.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Looks interesting, hopefully it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Garbagebusters 2016 underperformed at the box-office actually.

This doesn't look too bad despite the idea of having kids as Ghostbusters when it could had been teens you know as you know the proton pack is not a toy like Egon in GB 2 said.

But it is linked to the first 2 and video game from 2009.

Yes the original teaser had humor from the 1984 film and didn't show up with humor until the movie premiered.
    The lead "kid" is 16 and his contemporaries in the movie look to be High School students. The only actual kid in the trailer was his younger sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    The lead "kid" is 16 and his contemporaries in the movie look to be High School students. The only actual kid in the trailer was his younger sibling.
    He doesnt look 16 to me though. He looks like a horribly awkward 14 year old. And when I mean teenagers I mean 18 or 19. Early 20s would have been nicer.

Im also no a fan of Stranger Things or the cast. I pretty much find everyone single one of them horribly annoying. So the lead actor, yeah, not a fan.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    He doesnt look 16 to me though. He looks like a horribly awkward 14 year old. And when I mean teenagers I mean 18 or 19. Early 20s would have been nicer.

Im also no a fan of Stranger Things or the cast. I pretty much find everyone single one of them horribly annoying. So the lead actor, yeah, not a fan.
    Ahh....those early 20s teenagers...

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Ahh....those early 20s teenagers...
    And the 30 year old high school students.

Anyone glad Winston and Ray were not recasted? afterall Ackroyd and Hudson ARE those characters.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Finally got around to watching the trailer.

It was good, and did have humour in it, but the problem is humour taken out of context often isn't as funny. It's easy to go back and watch the original ghostbusters trailer and see the humour when you have seen the whole movie.

not so overly funny jokes

...no loud music
    remember that summer we died....
    the walking dead comment is intended to be funny (compare the context of both really)
    it has a gunner's seat
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!