Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters: Afterlife

From the trailer it looks like Janine is also in it. Not sure whether she and Egon were supposed to have gotten married (sort of looks like that) or she's just a friend telling the kids about the OG Ghostbusters. Either way, I am glad Annie is involved.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"I saw the Devil today, and he looked a lot like me. I turned away."
    -Five Finger Death Punch, "Wrong Side of Heaven"

Looks like a holiday treat.

As a huge Ghostbusters fan from the looks of this trailer , this is more like it. It felt like a legit love letter to this franchise, with the call backs, audio clips. The kids seem fine enough. I love the idea of the RC ghost trap, and then the ghosts themselves have that creepy and strange edge again unlike the unscary cartoonish ghosts of the 2016 movie.

And that last shot with Ray picking up the phone? This is how you get fans hyped. This is how you get people intrigued. This may be disappointing in the end or not but who knows. It may be bad or not but who knows. But damn it, this GB fan is going to give it the best possible shot anyway. I'm gonna see it in theaters this thanksgiving.

Looks like it cares about the fans of the franchise unlike 2016's Wokebusters which was a underwear stain on the franchise and was a soulless woke pandering gimmick moneygrab disaster made by someone who has no genuine love or respect for the franchise as that movie was a middle finger to fans of the franchise that were was a scene where the GBs have the logo for the villain and the logo villain gets shot in the crotch (i'm not kidding, there's actually a scene of this in GB 2016), very disrespectful. Thankfully Wokebusters 2016 is forgotten and was just a bad dream that never happened.

And i keep hearing about a mix of CGI and practical, should be nice! as the CGI on the minipufts looks very nice and has a Gremlins tone to it. Very cute and clever.

Ivan's son looks like he knows what he's doing and he's a genuine fan unlike say Feig who was never a fan of the franchise to began with.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post

Looks like it cares about the fans of the franchise unlike 2016's Wokebusters which was a underwear stain on the franchise and was a soulless woke pandering gimmick moneygrab disaster made by someone who has no genuine love or respect for the franchise as that movie was a middle finger to fans of the franchise that were was a scene where the GBs have the logo for the villain and the logo villain gets shot in the crotch (i'm not kidding, there's actually a scene of this in GB 2016), very disrespectful. Thankfully Wokebusters 2016 is forgotten and was just a bad dream that never happened.
    It sounds like it hasn't been forgotten one bit and in fact haunts you to this very day Take a breath and have some punctuation, why don't you?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

New trailer was awesome! I'm stoked!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Thankfully Wokebusters 2016 is forgotten and was just a bad dream that never happened.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

We'll see what happens.

Huge Ghostbusters fan but after this weekend I'm incredibly gun-shy about things I love being brought back. The world isn't as kind or forgiving as it was when we were kids, and constantly being told "That thing you like sucks" gets old fast and makes it very hard to get excited for things anymore.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I'm incredibly gun-shy about things I love being brought back. The world isn't as kind or forgiving as it was when we were kids, and constantly being told "That thing you like sucks" gets old fast and makes it very hard to get excited for things anymore.
    Don't worry. Kevin Smith had nothing to do with this movie. It's being done by people who actually know and understand the source material.

Hah. I actually thought Revelation was great. So nyah.

But this is exactly my point. "That thing you like sucks." Gets old. Makes me wish the stuff I liked as a kid would just die and stay dead. Even if they make new stuff and I like it, there'll be no shortage of people telling me my opinion is wrong and I'm a big stupid dummy for liking it.

I don't mean you, by the way, I just mean in general. You didn't say that, I'm just speaking broadly. I've had no shortage of people telling me I have terrible taste because I liked "Revelation". So while I do like it, I'm starting to wish it never came out, and further, that nobody would ever make another attempt at a MOTU revival. Because I just can't take the strain.

Ghostbusters, same thing. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't. But it's hard to tune out all the arguing and aggression with regard to these things and it's emotionally exhausting.

People are already proclaiming it a "misfire" after the latest trailer because it looks like it "takes itself too seriously". That's a sign of things to come. No matter what the movie is, the screaming about ruined childhoods will be loud and annoying as it always is.

I'm just sick of all of this stuff. If the tradeoff for never having another MOTU, Ghostbusters or TMNT or whatever revival is never having to listen to all the caterwauling and complaining again... then fine. Let it all die and pour cement over the casket. That's about where I'm at right now.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Don't worry. Kevin Smith had nothing to do with this movie. It's being done by people who actually know and understand the source material.
    I hear the movie starts with the original Ghostbusters and they all get sucked into a trap and don't get out until the very end of the movie and just as they ar putting on their proton packs they get killed.

I doubt even Kevin Smith could make a movie as bad as Ghostbusters 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see what happens.

Huge Ghostbusters fan but after this weekend I'm incredibly gun-shy about things I love being brought back. The world isn't as kind or forgiving as it was when we were kids, and constantly being told "That thing you like sucks" gets old fast and makes it very hard to get excited for things anymore.
    Best not to listen and make your own mind up on it.

Personally I think Ghostbusters Afterlife looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Easy to say, hard to actually do. But I hear you.

Other people's opinions do not influence my own, but when I see/hear people saying ignorant or provably false things about something, over and over again, well, I get frustrated.

Movie does look better than I'd expected and hopefully it will be good. I like what I've seen so far. I'm just sick of "fanbases" in general, they're too bipolar. That's why I only go on two forums, this one and another one. That's all I can handle.

Other people's opinions do not influence my own, but when I see/hear people saying ignorant or provably false things about something, over and over again, well, I get frustrated.

Movie does look better than I'd expected and hopefully it will be good. I like what I've seen so far. I'm just sick of "fanbases" in general, they're too bipolar. That's why I only go on two forums, this one and another one. That's all I can handle.
    I mostly just use this forum and the Thundercats forum...but there isn't much activity on the Thundercats forum at least there is quite a bit to talk about on this forum.

I need to know….. did Janine and Egon get together or is she just a friend.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I think they ended up together. It only seems right

I like seeing those toys with the kids suited up, but I'm still concerned that Egon just left unlicensed nuclear accelerators lying around LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    We'll see what happens.

Man, I am right there with you on that.... SO much.

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    She's with Winston now.

Heroic Warrior
    In the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon, it was revealed they almost got married but Egon got cold feet, so they became amicable exes who clearly still loved each other

More goodies:

Plus, each of the original Ghostbusters action figures comes with an accessory that is a call back to the original movie.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

It's great the movie figures are in scale with the original Kenner figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I think they ended up together. It only seems right
    Agreed. We know one of the kids at least is his grandkid... and honestly he still collected his molds and fungi. Not to mention obsessions... The most unbelievable thing for me is if Jannine and him didn't work out... .that he actually found ANOTHER woman who accepts his quirks

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I like seeing those toys with the kids suited up, but I'm still concerned that Egon just left unlicensed nuclear accelerators lying around LOL
    Well... yeah, but it wouldn't be Egon if he DIDN'T do stuff like that. I can easily see that as an 'There's something very important I forgot to mention' moment later

You liked Revelations??? It was wrapped up to look good until you open in then....

I've never been a big fan of Ghostbusters. I enjoyed the films, not care much for the animated series, never had a figure, I even preferred the Filmation one... However, this trailer looks really good.

Some things seem odd though. Egon's grandchildren knowing nothing about him and the setting in the middle of South Carolina instead of New York... and music makes it too epic for a fun movie. In any case it seems to be one of the best resurrected sequels or continuation
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Oh jeez... Ghostbusters Clue? I collect Clue games, that's a must-buy for me. The Elder Gods do not want me to have money, it seems.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I love how all the usual suspects are glowing about how faithful this trailer is to the source material. They must be remembering some alternate reality in which Ghostbusters was a children's science fiction film by Stephen Speilberg instead of the adult supernatural comedy film by Ivan Reitman that it is.

I'm perfectly fine with the filmmakers choosing to take a more reverent tone towards the originals (if that is indeed what they're doing) rather than openly make fun of them. Granted, there's a lot of space in-between those two approaches but we currently live in an age of extremes.

They don't need to copy the original's tone note-for-note to still be good. The trailer plays like it's going to be a movie made by people who fell in love with the franchise as kids and still love it, but choose to present it more "straight" than comedic. That's fine. It's just a choice.

Plus, it's just a trailer. The final movie's tone could be very different, as trailers misrepresent movies all the time. Also, in the trailer we have mini-Stay Pufts making themselves into Smores, so I kinda don't think the movie is gonna be wall-to-wall "serious" like I've seen people elsewhere predict.

I feel like they're presenting the movie this way to try and win over some of the fans who are gun-shy after the last movie, which was very much "This Ghostbusters stuff is stupid and you're stupid for ever liking it", which not surprisingly upset lots of people. They just want to assure the fans that they're going to respect the originals (and the audience), not make fun of them.

Yeah, the trailer lays it on a little thick but I'd argue it's the right approach if they want to win people over. I mean, keep in mind, to a lot of us who watched the original movie at age three or whatever, it wasn't a "comedy", it was an action movie with some jokes in it. Took us a while to be "in" on the joke. I feel like they're trying to recapture the feeling of watching the original as a kid, not explicitly recreate it the way it actually was, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    You liked Revelations???
    Don't go attacking the Bible now...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<