Thread: She-Ra nominated for Critics' Choice Award (Best Animated Series)

She-Ra nominated for Critics' Choice Award (Best Animated Series)

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power is a nominee in The Critics' Choice Awards "Best Animated Series" category! (See the complete list of nominations on Deadline) The 25th annual Critics' Choice Awards will be broadcast live on The CW on January 12, 2020, 7:00 PM EST.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of She-Ra!

BEST ANIMATED SERIES

Big Mouth (Netflix)

BoJack Horseman (Netflix)

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Netflix)

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Netflix)

The Simpsons (Fox)

Undone (Amazon)
    Last edited by Tallstar; December 11, 2019 at 05:29pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Nice... Hope She-Ra and the Princesses wins...

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Good for it. That is some tough competition. It is interesting that the only Annie nomination it got was for music.

Netflix just seems set to walk away with that category.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I don't see it having much of a chance of beating BoJack, I'm suprised the Simpons is still getting on the list, given the quality of modern Simpsons.

I dont think any toon will have a chance against Simpsons . Also if i had to be honest , I think She Ra is better than Bojack but Dark Crystal is much better than She Ra .

I think its a tad unfair for Dark Crystal to be added to an animated show category .

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I don't see it having much of a chance of beating BoJack, I'm suprised the Simpons is still getting on the list, given the quality of modern Simpsons.
    The Simpsons hasn't been good since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    She-Ra and the Princesses of Power is a nominee in The Critics' Choice Awards "Best Animated Series" category! (See the complete list of nominations on Deadline) The 25th annual Critics' Choice Awards will be broadcast live on The CW on January 12, 2020, 7:00 PM EST.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of She-Ra!

BEST ANIMATED SERIES

Big Mouth (Netflix)

BoJack Horseman (Netflix)

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Netflix)

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Netflix)

The Simpsons (Fox)

Undone (Amazon)
    Neat yet i can do without The Simpsons as Simpsons hasn't been good since Behind the Laughter.

You mean Zombie Simpsons! do you think Bojack Horseman is already this decade's The Simpsons in aspects? i mean it captures the spirit of classic The Simpsons (1989 to Behind the Laughter) and has the same soul/heart/anti-hollywood satire/sarcastic intelligent humor/good writing of old school Simpsons and way better than the soulless shambling rotting corpse of Zombie Simpsons which ZS needs to die already? Zombie Simpsons is a corpse that is walking and needs to be shot in the head so it won't shuffle around anymore searching for new life.

I stopped watching Simpsons in 2004 and cherish Seasons 1 to Behind the Laughter on DVD. But hey King of the Hill, Futurama, Gravity Falls, Regular Show and other great cartoons ended beautifully while Zombie Simpsons continues to shamble on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The Simpsons hasn't been good since 1999.
    The last good episode was Behind the Laughter in May 2000 when it should had ended there eh? i hear it might end soon from Elfman. It's better to kill something than let it suffer as Zombie Simpsons (September 2000 to now Simpsons) is like a fatally wounded half dead dying soldier who was shot too many times in a field of war as he's seeping around a building or big boulder to find fellow soldiers pleading to them "kill me!" so he won't suffer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I dont think any toon will have a chance against Simpsons . Also if i had to be honest , I think She Ra is better than Bojack but Dark Crystal is much better than She Ra .

I think its a tad unfair for Dark Crystal to be added to an animated show category .
    It's live action with puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Netflix just seems set to walk away with that category.
    Netflix takes creativity you know.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

@HarryCanyon

Minority opinion but I don't hate most the 2000's Simpsons episodes. Certainly nowere near the quality of the 90's ones, but I don't think it realy got that bad untill the late 2000's early 2010's.

As for Bojack, it's a good show, but not realy to my tastes.

I think Netflix can be hit and miss with animation. They have some great stuff. But some of their rules can be pretty dameging. For example the whole disaster that was the Doki Doki Precure/Glitter Force situation.
    Last edited by A Dalek; December 14, 2019 at 09:14pm.

@HarryCanyon

Minority opinion but I don't hate most the 2000's Simpsons episodes. Certainly nowere near the quality of the 90's ones, but I don't think it realy got that bad untill the late 2000's early 2010's.

As for Bojack, it's a good show, but not realy to my tastes.

I think Netflix can be hit and miss with animation. They have some great stuff. But some of their rules can be pretty dameging. For example the whole disaster that was the Doki Doki Precure/Glitter Force situation.
    The thing is The Simpsons are a product of the late 80s and 90s as they were meant to mock 80s family sitcoms just like Married with Children did to show not all families are perfect but more grounded in anti-authority. show is too much of a product of its time the late 80s and 90s as it was always rooted in those times and cultures as trying to make them relevant in this century only dates them and hurts their legacy.

I’ve been a fan of the Simpsons since 1987 when they debuted on Tracy ullman and I was 8 when the spinoff show debuted 30 years ago as I taped every episode from then to May 2000 as I remembered Simpsonsmania back in the good old glory days when it was an event every Thursday and Sunday night as I had a Burger King Bart doll and Simpsons meal toys when I was 9. I had a few shirts had the magazine as a kid and the cd and some merchandise.

The show when it was called the Simpsons had excellent writing, relatable characters and situations, good lessons, emotion and soul like mother Simpson which moved at 13 and all that. Anti-authority satire just like Married with Children as it was mocking "perfect family" sitcoms to show that not all families are perfect and anti-hollywood satire it had.

I feel Behind the laughter was the last good episode in my opinion as to me that’s when the show ended when it should had in May 2000.

Then in September 2000 it was replaced by which means an imitation that bares slight resemblance only by surface level called Zombie Simpsons and I knew something was change about the characters I know and love even Homer was turned into an idiot for the sake of being an idiot called Jerkass Homer and the writing became sloppy as it’s no longer satire that mock authority and Hollywood and no longer had soul and emotion. Even the way Homer and Marge met was not in the 70s but in the 90s, very disrespectful to the characters's origins.

I stopped watching the show in 2004 as it was getting stale and worse! I tried watching an episode of zombie Simpsons in 2014 and my god it was awful as now I know why I stopped watching the show and cherish the classic episodes to behind the laughter.

The Simpsons is just no longer relevant today as today the kings of adult animation are rick and morty and Bojack horseman and others. The show is like a beloved childhood and teenhood friend who’s been life support for a long time and you’ve come to accept they are gone and stopped visiting them and waiting for someone to pull the life support plug and turn off the machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFNbCcyFkk&t=1600s

Bob's Burgers is a hit on fox and a new age simpsons and today we have Bojack Horseman which is the true successor to The Simpsons with the same anti-hollywood satire just like The Simpsons (classic Simpsons not zombie Simpsons) which had anti-authority/anti-hollywood satire and the same excellent writing/relatable characters of old school Simpsons. Rick and Morty is Futurama of today.

Sad to say is that The Simpsons is no longer relevant in today's world as they are clearly a product of their time yet the old episodes can still be enjoyed and i felt Behind the Laughter was the last good watchable episode in my opinion and should had ended there. The ratings are getting more lower each time.

Even shows like King of the Hill, Futurama, Regular Show, Gravity Falls etc. ended on beautiful notes and knew when they had to end. I know it hurts, but i love The Simpsons and that's why you gotta let it go, let it rest in peace and cherish the old episodes when they were worth watching.

I've said it a million times. The Simpsons is like the family pet: We all grew up with it, love and cherish all the memories, but sadly, the time has come to put it down.

And on netflix animation what about other adult cartoons like Castlevania, F is for Family and Love Death and Robots?

BoJack Horseman won.

BoJack Horseman won.

280.jpg

Of course he did ....
    Attached Images Attached Images

BoJack Horseman won.
    Well BoJack is awesome... Netflix have some fantastic animated shows. Rick & Morty is the best though.

Not been paying any attention to awards, though this one did make me laugh, especially when the WP did its investigation into the nominations, turns out Netflix had been bribing the officials to get shows nominated for awards. Maybe WP'll do a follow up investigation into the winning titles, who knows!?
    Demand quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Not been paying any attention to awards, though this one did make me laugh, especially when the WP did its investigation into the nominations, turns out Netflix had been bribing the officials to get shows nominated for awards. Maybe WP'll do a follow up investigation into the winning titles, who knows!?
    While I wouldn't be surprised if their was some bribery involved, what other stuff out there could have gone on the list? Stuff like King of The Hill and South Park are way past their prime and while I like RWBY, I wouldn't call that show award worthy.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Got a link to your source?
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

He is probably talking about this article:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...gering-rivals/

The Washington Post article doesn't say anything specifically about Netflix shows. All four instances that were brought up in conjunction with a claim or an implication that trips and swag influenced members to vote in a particular way had to do with Netflix films.

One of the paragraphs early in the article can potentially be misleading, because it kinda makes it seem as if the entire CCA voting body went on these trips (there around around 425 members who are eligible to vote), when in reality there is only one example with an actual number attached to it. -- Approximately 40 people went on "The Two Popes" trip.

If you do the math, that's around 9% of the entire voting body. And while influencing even one person from that 9% to vote for "The Two Popes" (or "flip") can improve the odds for that film a bit, especially if the voting is really close, I don't think this article can be used to establish a 1 to 1 in terms of absolute correlation when it comes to She-Ra being on the list of nominees for Best Animated Series.

Moreover, the Best Animated Series category and a few others aren't treated with the same level of importance. In lieu of clips being shown and creatives coming to the stage to accept awards, there's a basic list of nominees shown with a presenter quickly running through all the winners in these various categories. There are a lot of other factors to consider as well.
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 25, 2020 at 10:03am.

BoJack Horseman won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    280.jpg

Of course he did ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Well BoJack is awesome... Netflix have some fantastic animated shows. Rick & Morty is the best though.
    Yup Netflix knows how to take risks for shows what other networks won't.

While I wouldn't be surprised if their was some bribery involved, what other stuff out there could have gone on the list? Stuff like King of The Hill and South Park are way past their prime and while I like RWBY, I wouldn't call that show award worthy.
    You are aware that King of the Hill ended in 2009 right? be thankful that and Futurama didn't become zombiefied corpses like The Simpsons or Family Guy or Spongebob.

Even Bojack is ending this week and hope it ends beautifully like My Little Pony FIM, King of the Hill, Futurama, Regular Show etc and other beautiful endings to shows to become legendary like those and also glad it won't become a Weekend at Bernies type of situation like Simpsons has been.

Here are the results of the Annie Rewards. She-Ra was only nominated for best music, but lost out. These awards also had a lot of Netflix nominees and winners.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...inners-1269772