Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread - Promo Photos!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Fun video! I guess that means we are getting a painted door?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Fun video! I guess that means we are getting a painted door?
    I noticed it too. But if they did it with one that video with one thatwas painted. Who knows in the PR stuff they put out, there are 3 variations of that door and I guess we wonít know till officially releases

Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I ordered it. It will be the first Origins item I bought! What sold me was the decent price, the box art, the Sorceress, and the close similarity to vintage. Iím still bummed about the lack of a dungeon, but I really like this Grayskull. So Iím excited to play with this with my nephews! It looks like a great toy!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Question for those who have done these pre-orders on Walmart's site before....I pre-ordered a Castle for myself and one for a friend. Those charges were pending on my debit card all week, and now they have dropped off. Should I expect those charges to be finalized in a day or two, or is the final charge not going to hit until April when the items actually ship? I don't want to think that money is suddenly freed up now and then be surprised in a couple of days.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Question for those who have done these pre-orders on Walmart's site before....I pre-ordered a Castle for myself and one for a friend. Those charges were pending on my debit card all week, and now they have dropped off. Should I expect those charges to be finalized in a day or two, or is the final charge not going to hit until April when the items actually ship? I don't want to think that money is suddenly freed up now and then be surprised in a couple of days.

Ecommerce sites are not supposed to charge you until they ship. Walmart will charge you in April ... Should they actually ship it.

Heroic Warrior

This was only a temporary hold, they wonít charge untiló- or as TIMMY stated, ifó- they ship it.

Pre-Order Available Again

Last edited by modulok02; October 16, 2020 at 12:45pm.

I couldn't resist this time; I preordered one. I know it doesn't look quite as good as the vintage castle, but even at $75, it's cheaper than trying to get a vintage Castle Grayskull in a decent condition. (I also want to see what is up with the speckling in the plastic that is visible in most of the product shots.) I'll probably pass on getting the MOTU Origins Snake Mountain (like I did with the Classics version), but Castle Grayskull is such an iconic playset that it seems like an integral part of the line. I hope they release the Space Suit/Armor as either a figure or an accessory later in the line.

Heroic Warrior
    Preorders are up again on Walmart.com

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-of-the-Universe-Castle-Grayskull-Playset-for-MOTU-Fans-Ages-6-Years-Old-and-Up/755231402

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondor View Post
    I couldn't resist this time; I preordered one. I know it doesn't look quite as good as the vintage castle, but even at $75, it's cheaper than trying to get a vintage Castle Grayskull in a decent condition. (I also want to see what is up with the speckling in the plastic that is visible in most of the product shots.) I'll probably pass on getting the MOTU Origins Snake Mountain (like I did with the Classics version), but Castle Grayskull is such an iconic playset that it seems like an integral part of the line. I hope they release the Space Suit/Armor as either a figure or an accessory later in the line.
    The speckling seems to be part of Mattel's Castle Grayskull green plastic. It's on the wrestling ring, the little Grayskulls the minis come in, and I think the Mega Construx CG as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    The speckling seems to be part of Mattel's Castle Grayskull green plastic. It's on the wrestling ring, the little Grayskulls the minis come in, and I think the Mega Construx CG as well.
    I heard that Mattel got a lot of white paint on the cheap, so they gotta use it.

I kid, I kid.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I heard that Mattel got a lot of white paint on the cheap, so they gotta use it.

I kid, I kid.
    Yeah, and no kid.

There was a series of polls conducted that compares the Origins castle to the vintage one. Here are the results!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/motu...5280816165309/

Heroic Warrior
    Ended up cancelling my pre-order. Yesterday I bought he man and skeletor to gauge my son's interest. After checking them out for 5 minutes, he said he was not impressed. Now I have to figure out how to return them as I had to open the package to get the figures out.
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post

I kid, I kid.
    I just saw a video of a couple reviewing it; I flipped outta my char when someone said: "its starting to grow on me" in regards to the white dots. What that? Are there anybtiys with this fad? To get that; I mean why is this castle selling out with those whitenspots?

- - - Updated - - -

This new toy castle is worthy to be in Mc Donald's happy meal for free

- - - Updated - - -

This new toy castle is worthy to be in Mc Donald's happy meal for free

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    There was a series of polls conducted that compares the Origins castle to the vintage one. Here are the results!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/motu...5280816165309/
    Good video on comparison

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Mattel is pulling our leg? I see April is the delivery date. MuST be an April Fools joke.

Good god, some of these silly comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Good god, some of these silly comments.
    Cringe(r),people blinded by nostalgia

I prefer the whitespots than the stupid black paint on the obsolete vintage Castle grayskull.

Heroic Warrior

Unfortunately Walmart's billing department is steaming elephant dung. They have authorized my card multiple times for Star Wars pre-orders. Some they did back-to-back days. My advice is use a credit card you barely touch, because you will continue to see authorizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Unfortunately Walmart's billing department is steaming elephant dung. They have authorized my card multiple times for Star Wars pre-orders. Some they did back-to-back days. My advice is use a credit card you barely touch, because you will continue to see authorizations.
    That is unfortunate and also too late, as I used my debit card.

Also, it seems quite inconsistent as not all e-commerce works this way. I bought many things the same day that I pre-ordered this Grayskull, including stuff from Funko and the Mattel Creations shop. Neither orders from those have shipped yet, and the money has been taken out.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Cringe(r),people blinded by nostalgia

I prefer the whitespots than the stupid black paint on the obsolete vintage Castle grayskull.
    isn't that why Mattel called origins? I was expecting the castle sculpt by Marc Taylor or the one shown next to the lords of power, seems like they were teasing it a lot. Guess not. We get a happy meal version. With snow flakes

Heroic Warrior
    Some new (a couple are sorta interesting) images posted on Instagram by mundomasters:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ_ruK6g...=1d4gmb900a6ri

No shot of the door, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Some new (a couple are sorta interesting) images posted on Instagram by mundomasters:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ_ruK6g...=1d4gmb900a6ri

No shot of the door, unfortunately
    That guy must have big hands; he makes the Castle look kind of small. It's nice to finally see in-package product shots of the first wave of Conan Ultimates. I'm that much closer to having He-Man and Conan the Barbarian displayed in mid-duel.

I was really hoping they would have went with what was displayed at the Nuremberg show instead of what we're getting. I guess the bean counters at Mattel got the final say.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I was really hoping they would have went with what was displayed at the Nuremberg show instead of what we're getting. I guess the bean counters at Mattel got the final say.
    I thought that was all debunked?
    Comedian on the matty forums.