Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 329

Thread: MOTU Origins Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread - Promo Photos!

  1. #301
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,131
    Fun video! I guess that means we are getting a painted door?

  2. #302
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Fun video! I guess that means we are getting a painted door?
    I noticed it too. But if they did it with one that video with one thatwas painted. Who knows in the PR stuff they put out, there are 3 variations of that door and I guess we wonít know till officially releases

    Ugh


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  3. #303
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,679
    So I ordered it. It will be the first Origins item I bought! What sold me was the decent price, the box art, the Sorceress, and the close similarity to vintage. Iím still bummed about the lack of a dungeon, but I really like this Grayskull. So Iím excited to play with this with my nephews! It looks like a great toy!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  4. #304
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,063
    Question for those who have done these pre-orders on Walmart's site before....I pre-ordered a Castle for myself and one for a friend. Those charges were pending on my debit card all week, and now they have dropped off. Should I expect those charges to be finalized in a day or two, or is the final charge not going to hit until April when the items actually ship? I don't want to think that money is suddenly freed up now and then be surprised in a couple of days.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  5. #305
    Heroic Warrior xTIMMYxCOREx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Question for those who have done these pre-orders on Walmart's site before....I pre-ordered a Castle for myself and one for a friend. Those charges were pending on my debit card all week, and now they have dropped off. Should I expect those charges to be finalized in a day or two, or is the final charge not going to hit until April when the items actually ship? I don't want to think that money is suddenly freed up now and then be surprised in a couple of days.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Ecommerce sites are not supposed to charge you until they ship. Walmart will charge you in April ... Should they actually ship it.

  6. #306
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Question for those who have done these pre-orders on Walmart's site before....I pre-ordered a Castle for myself and one for a friend. Those charges were pending on my debit card all week, and now they have dropped off. Should I expect those charges to be finalized in a day or two, or is the final charge not going to hit until April when the items actually ship? I don't want to think that money is suddenly freed up now and then be surprised in a couple of days.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    This was only a temporary hold, they wonít charge untiló- or as TIMMY stated, ifó- they ship it.

  7. #307
    Heroic Warrior modulok02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    87

    Pre-Order Available Again

    Last edited by modulok02; October 16, 2020 at 12:45pm.

  8. #308
    Heroic Warrior Despondor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Subternia
    Posts
    139
    I couldn't resist this time; I preordered one. I know it doesn't look quite as good as the vintage castle, but even at $75, it's cheaper than trying to get a vintage Castle Grayskull in a decent condition. (I also want to see what is up with the speckling in the plastic that is visible in most of the product shots.) I'll probably pass on getting the MOTU Origins Snake Mountain (like I did with the Classics version), but Castle Grayskull is such an iconic playset that it seems like an integral part of the line. I hope they release the Space Suit/Armor as either a figure or an accessory later in the line.

  9. #309
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    79
    Preorders are up again on Walmart.com

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-of-the-Universe-Castle-Grayskull-Playset-for-MOTU-Fans-Ages-6-Years-Old-and-Up/755231402

  10. #310
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondor View Post
    I couldn't resist this time; I preordered one. I know it doesn't look quite as good as the vintage castle, but even at $75, it's cheaper than trying to get a vintage Castle Grayskull in a decent condition. (I also want to see what is up with the speckling in the plastic that is visible in most of the product shots.) I'll probably pass on getting the MOTU Origins Snake Mountain (like I did with the Classics version), but Castle Grayskull is such an iconic playset that it seems like an integral part of the line. I hope they release the Space Suit/Armor as either a figure or an accessory later in the line.
    The speckling seems to be part of Mattel's Castle Grayskull green plastic. It's on the wrestling ring, the little Grayskulls the minis come in, and I think the Mega Construx CG as well.

  11. #311
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    The speckling seems to be part of Mattel's Castle Grayskull green plastic. It's on the wrestling ring, the little Grayskulls the minis come in, and I think the Mega Construx CG as well.
    I heard that Mattel got a lot of white paint on the cheap, so they gotta use it.

    I kid, I kid.
    Odd Man Out

  12. #312
    Heroic Warrior poderuniverso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I heard that Mattel got a lot of white paint on the cheap, so they gotta use it.

    I kid, I kid.
    Yeah, and no kid.

  13. #313
    Heroic Warrior AdultCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,419
    There was a series of polls conducted that compares the Origins castle to the vintage one. Here are the results!

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/motu...5280816165309/

  14. #314
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    656
    Ended up cancelling my pre-order. Yesterday I bought he man and skeletor to gauge my son's interest. After checking them out for 5 minutes, he said he was not impressed. Now I have to figure out how to return them as I had to open the package to get the figures out.
    Most Wanted:

    Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

  15. #315
    Heroic Warrior poderuniverso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I heard that Mattel got a lot of white paint on the cheap, so they gotta use it.

    I kid, I kid.
    I just saw a video of a couple reviewing it; I flipped outta my char when someone said: "its starting to grow on me" in regards to the white dots. What that? Are there anybtiys with this fad? To get that; I mean why is this castle selling out with those whitenspots?

    - - - Updated - - -

    This new toy castle is worthy to be in Mc Donald's happy meal for free

    - - - Updated - - -

    This new toy castle is worthy to be in Mc Donald's happy meal for free

    - - - Updated - - -

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    There was a series of polls conducted that compares the Origins castle to the vintage one. Here are the results!

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/motu...5280816165309/
    Good video on comparison

    - - - Updated - - -

    Maybe Mattel is pulling our leg? I see April is the delivery date. MuST be an April Fools joke.

  16. #316
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    4,484
    Good god, some of these silly comments.

  17. #317
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    2,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Good god, some of these silly comments.
    Cringe(r),people blinded by nostalgia


    I prefer the whitespots than the stupid black paint on the obsolete vintage Castle grayskull.

  18. #318
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Question for those who have done these pre-orders on Walmart's site before....I pre-ordered a Castle for myself and one for a friend. Those charges were pending on my debit card all week, and now they have dropped off. Should I expect those charges to be finalized in a day or two, or is the final charge not going to hit until April when the items actually ship? I don't want to think that money is suddenly freed up now and then be surprised in a couple of days.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately Walmart's billing department is steaming elephant dung. They have authorized my card multiple times for Star Wars pre-orders. Some they did back-to-back days. My advice is use a credit card you barely touch, because you will continue to see authorizations.

  19. #319
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Unfortunately Walmart's billing department is steaming elephant dung. They have authorized my card multiple times for Star Wars pre-orders. Some they did back-to-back days. My advice is use a credit card you barely touch, because you will continue to see authorizations.
    That is unfortunate and also too late, as I used my debit card.

    Also, it seems quite inconsistent as not all e-commerce works this way. I bought many things the same day that I pre-ordered this Grayskull, including stuff from Funko and the Mattel Creations shop. Neither orders from those have shipped yet, and the money has been taken out.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  20. #320
    Heroic Warrior poderuniverso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Cringe(r),people blinded by nostalgia


    I prefer the whitespots than the stupid black paint on the obsolete vintage Castle grayskull.
    isn't that why Mattel called origins? I was expecting the castle sculpt by Marc Taylor or the one shown next to the lords of power, seems like they were teasing it a lot. Guess not. We get a happy meal version. With snow flakes

  21. #321

  22. #322
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    131
    Some new (a couple are sorta interesting) images posted on Instagram by mundomasters:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ_ruK6g...=1d4gmb900a6ri

    No shot of the door, unfortunately

  23. #323
    Heroic Warrior Despondor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Subternia
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Some new (a couple are sorta interesting) images posted on Instagram by mundomasters:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ_ruK6g...=1d4gmb900a6ri

    No shot of the door, unfortunately
    That guy must have big hands; he makes the Castle look kind of small. It's nice to finally see in-package product shots of the first wave of Conan Ultimates. I'm that much closer to having He-Man and Conan the Barbarian displayed in mid-duel.

  24. #324
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,004
    I was really hoping they would have went with what was displayed at the Nuremberg show instead of what we're getting. I guess the bean counters at Mattel got the final say.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  25. #325
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I was really hoping they would have went with what was displayed at the Nuremberg show instead of what we're getting. I guess the bean counters at Mattel got the final say.
    I thought that was all debunked?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •