Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MOTU Origins Castle Grayskull Speculation Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I am wandering if the sculpt might be just like what the prototype looked which resembled closed to the comics

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    I can see them re-releasing the classics CG and removing most of the extras and using stickers and cardboard for the interior. I think they could put it out for $125-$150.00 or even less due to the amount being produced. I read some where that there were only 2000 or so of the origional classics CG produced. Well if they made say 2 for every Walmart that would be 22,000 units alone that would drive the costs down. The Real kicker is if they make a Snake Mountain if the lines sales warrant it. Now saying that I think a Snake Mountain would be a new totally designed from the ground up....and probably cheaper than the Super7 one......but might not Look as good but will probably cost 1/3 the price at most.
    While they sound like they won't shrink Grayskull, I think shrinking the MOTUC Snake Mountain prototype they developed would make sense. Unlike Grayskull, there's nothing a mounted figure needs to ride through.

It sounds like they plan to keep Grayskull in production for several runs if MCX is any indication (they're still making more and said they plan on several runs over a couple of years before looking at MCX Snake Mountain).

My take would be to go back to the ORIGINAL concept of Point Dread as neutral or even evil. In the earliest stuff, PD was Skeletor's base.

A Classics PD reissue would work with a Classics Grayskull, fit wise.

Release PD in Snake Mountain colors. Make it evil. Or gray.

Then if and when they're looking at SM, I'd say start by reducing Mattel's design 20%, simplify, but give it the ability to ALSO connect with Point Dread so it can port onto either playset.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if they'll end up using their speckled plastic on this. The CG blind boxes uses it, and I'm fairly certain the MCX one uses it (I'm a bit of a Lego purist, so I don't own it). Like, I wonder if we'll see that instead of smaller paint apps. Also, I hope they keep the back door and the side door, they're cool and I like doors.

Heroic Warrior
    The more I think about it, I hope it's a new front skull just like the mini comic which looked like the prototype. And some axl box work that I hope would be his opus, unless we get another obrero paint.

- - - Updated - - -

The grayskull sculpt behind the LP powercon 5 pack is what I want for the origins CG.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    The more I think about it, I hope it's a new front skull just like the mini comic which looked like the prototype. And some axl box work that I hope would be his opus, unless we get another obrero paint.

- - - Updated - - -

The grayskull sculpt behind the LP powercon 5 pack is what I want for the origins CG.
    I doubt that means anything. That's a cutout of this photo.
    76-1024x698.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah that's the sculpt I want

- - - Updated - - -

I know now what to call the CG origins sculpt I would like: Mark Taylor's original sculpt. But would now rather have the art work posted on Power Con recently, meaning the inspiration for Mattel CG. Which means it would not be origins but would rather have that sculpt and huge

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    While they sound like they won't shrink Grayskull, I think shrinking the MOTUC Snake Mountain prototype they developed would make sense. Unlike Grayskull, there's nothing a mounted figure needs to ride through.

It sounds like they plan to keep Grayskull in production for several runs if MCX is any indication (they're still making more and said they plan on several runs over a couple of years before looking at MCX Snake Mountain).

My take would be to go back to the ORIGINAL concept of Point Dread as neutral or even evil. In the earliest stuff, PD was Skeletor's base.

A Classics PD reissue would work with a Classics Grayskull, fit wise.

Release PD in Snake Mountain colors. Make it evil. Or gray.

Then if and when they're looking at SM, I'd say start by reducing Mattel's design 20%, simplify, but give it the ability to ALSO connect with Point Dread so it can port onto either playset.

Well... PD was neutral and could be controlled by anyone... but So was Castle Grayskull. that was the whole drive of the franchise. So keeping them the same color is fine with me.

What my personal goal is... is to make the Talon Fighter smaller. Like... the original vintage TF and then find a way to either make it work with Classic's point dread, or have a connector somehow to make the vintage Point Dread connect to the Classic's castle.
    Because this... doesn't look right...

That just makes the castle look topheavy and like it's going to tip over... I always loved the idea of connecting TF and always felt like my CG was missing something.... but I wanted it to look more like this.

Like it's an addition to the castle, not like it's going to pick it up and fly away with it Still on my 'to do list'... but with the smaller origins, I'd love a lot more recycled from the vintage with just the castle being the giant classics sized.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Well... PD was neutral and could be controlled by anyone... but So was Castle Grayskull. that was the whole drive of the franchise. So keeping them the same color is fine with me.

What my personal goal is... is to make the Talon Fighter smaller. Like... the original vintage TF and then find a way to either make it work with Classic's point dread, or have a connector somehow to make the vintage Point Dread connect to the Classic's castle.
    Because this... doesn't look right...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/motu2010a.jpg

https://www.he-man.org/assets/images...box10_full.jpg

That just makes the castle look topheavy and like it's going to tip over... I always loved the idea of connecting TF and always felt like my CG was missing something.... but I wanted it to look more like this.

https://www.he-man.org/assets/images...read_-_p15.jpg

Like it's an addition to the castle, not like it's going to pick it up and fly away with it Still on my 'to do list'... but with the smaller origins, I'd love a lot more recycled from the vintage with just the castle being the giant classics sized.
    Yeah and if they make it to the TF like you said and like the mini comic, i hope it's also able to configure with the classics