Thread: STINKOR appreciation thread

STINKOR appreciation thread

After so many years I was reunited with a brand new, unopened vintage Stinkor figure. One of my favorite characters and Iím a fan of the bad guys primarily.

Do you think Filmation made the right decision excluding him from the series? The possibilities were endless! Then again, Filmation didnít do much for character development of the evil warriors of MOTU.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't think Stinkor was really a "walking fart joke." I think he would have made a great character on the cartoon. He's one of my all time favorite figures for sure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by joe113 View Post
    After so many years I was reunited with a brand new, unopened vintage Stinkor figure. One of my favorite characters and Iím a fan of the bad guys primarily.

Do you think Filmation made the right decision excluding him from the series? The possibilities were endless! Then again, Filmation didnít do much for character development of the evil warriors of MOTU.
    I loved the figure... but yeah, there's really only one story you can tell with him. There were a LOT of MOTU figures that Filmaiton skipped on that I would have loved to see more... or even old classics that I'd have loved to see MORE of...

REALLY wish we could have gotten Battle Armor or Thunder Punch he-man in there... SOMETING to legitimize those variants in my 8 year old eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I don't think Stinkor was really a "walking fart joke." I think he would have made a great character on the cartoon. He's one of my all time favorite figures for sure.
    Totally agree but if I were on the Filmation crew I would have looked at him as a skunk. I lived in upstate New York for the first 29 years of my life. Skunk roadkills were the most common and they stunk from miles away! That’s the direction I would have went with it.

I forgot to mention that I have to wash my hands after handling Stinkor and keep him away from my other figures because after 30 years, Stinkor still stinks! Worse even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I loved the figure... but yeah, there's really only one story you can tell with him. There were a LOT of MOTU figures that Filmaiton skipped on that I would have loved to see more... or even old classics that I'd have loved to see MORE of...

REALLY wish we could have gotten Battle Armor or Thunder Punch he-man in there... SOMETING to legitimize those variants in my 8 year old eyes.

There were also some characters that were never released as figures, I remember thinking who is this lizard guy? The character who called his flying reptiles “My beauties “. I’m aware of all the characters that eventually did get released as the classics, like the ice/winter character. I’m going on old memories here and don’t have the names.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by joe113 View Post
    There were also some characters that were never released as figures, I remember thinking who is this lizard guy? The character who called his flying reptiles ďMy beauties ď. Iím aware of all the characters that eventually did get released as the classics, like the ice/winter character. Iím going on old memories here and donít have the names.
    Yep. I've long held that the opinion that the show was 'Just a commercial for the toys' was wrong. If it was meant to be a commercial... it sucked as one. Tons of characters that were never made into toys... major characters like Sorceress didn't show up till the end of the line! The cartoon never looked like the toys. Man-At-Arms toy only had half his armor and no mustache.... The attak Trak never looked right. Variants never showed up... Clawful and others never looked like the toys...

It was terrible as a commercial. Anyone looking at the cartoon and wanting the toys... were NOT going to get what they want... and myself I got stuck with Thunder punch and Battle armor after my 'Real' he-man broke and I could never like them because they weren't in the cartoon. The cross promotion was REALLY weak.

Compared to GI JOE or Transformers where every time there was new wave of toys they all got 5-part episodes or movies introducing them... He-man was really doing it's own thing independently from the toys.