Thread: Favorite movies of the 2010s anyone?

Favorite movies of the 2010s anyone?

Mine are.

2010: Kick-Ass, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, How to Train your Dragon, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 1, Red, The Expendables, Frozen (the horror one), Toy Story 3, Red, Tangled, The Crazies, Secret of Arriety.
    2011: The Raid: Redemption, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Paul, Battle Los Angeles, Captain America, Thor, Drive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 2, Horrible Bosses, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
    2012: Wolf Children, Dredd, Skyfall, 21 Jump Street, Wreck it Ralph, Jack Reacher, Maniac, The Avengers.
    2013: Gravity, Oblivion, Fast and Furious Six, World War Z (unrated version), This is the End, The Conjuring, The Dark Knight Returns.
    2014: Interstellar, John Wick, Edge of Tomorrow, Captain America Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nightcrawler, X-Men Days of Future Past, Birdman, The Raid 2, Deliver Us from Evil, Wolfcop, As Above So Below, Neighbors, The Lego Movie, 22 Jump Street, Gone Girl, Lucy, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
    2015: Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, It Follows, Sicario, Avengers Age of Ultron, It Follows, Spotlight, Ant-Man, True Story, Kingsman, Southpaw, Kung Fury, Final Girls, Inside Out.
    2016: Deadpool, Zootopia, Spectral, Keanu, Central Intelligence, Lights out, Conjuring 2, Hacksaw Ridge, Hardcore Henry, Dr Strange, The Nice Guys, Kung Fu Panda 3.
    2017: The Shape of Water, Blade Runner 2049, Get Out, John Wick 2, Kong of Skull Island, Wind River, Tragedy Girls, I Tonya, Bright, Logan, Ghost in the Shell, The Hitman's Bodyguard, Jim and Andy, Coco, Fate and Furious, Belko Experiment, War of the Planet of the Apes.
    2018: Mandy, Mission Impossible Fallout, Searching, Overlord, Deadpool 2, A Quiet Place, Game Night, Spider-Man into the Spiderverse, The Incredibles 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Antman and Wasp, Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom. Sicario 2, Island of Dogs.
    2019: Rocketman, John Wick 3, Dolemite is my Name, Hustlers, Crawl, Avengers End Game, Child's Play. Hobbs and Shaw, Shazam. Detective Pikachu, Ready of Not, Godzilla King of the Monsters.
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; December 25, 2019 at 11:33pm.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Anyone else?

In no particular order:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Captain America, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Captain America Civil War, Thor Ragnorok, Antman, Antman and the Wasp, Avengers Infinity War, Days of Future Past, Wonder Woman, Alita: Battle Angel, Bumblebee, GI*JOE: Retaliation (I prefer the extended edition), Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, Space Battleship Yamato, Star Wars: Rogue One, The Lego Movie, The Lego Batman Movie, Wreck It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    -The King's Speech
    -13 Assassins
    -VVitch
    -Mad Max: Fury Road
    -The Raid
    -Split
    -Sicario
    -Joker
    -The Lighthouse
    -Dredd 3D

Close runner-ups:
    -The Disaster Artist
    -The Grand Budapest Hotel
    -12 Years a Slave
    -The Avengers
    -Into the Abyss
    -Inception

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    -The King's Speech
    -13 Assassins
    -VVitch
    -Mad Max: Fury Road
    -The Raid
    -Split
    -Sicario
    -Joker
    -The Lighthouse
    -Dredd 3D

Close runner-ups:
    -The Disaster Artist
    -The Grand Budapest Hotel
    -12 Years a Slave
    -The Avengers
    -Into the Abyss
    -Inception
    Disaster Arist is great

Heroic Warrior
    Here is a list of some (not all) of my favorite films from this past decade:

Star Wars: Rogue One (2016): Definitely one of the better SW films.

True Grit (2010): Very authentic to the original novel (some of the film's dialogue was lifted right from the novel) and far superior to the 1960's John Wayne version. While the whole film was great, the very end scene was especially poignant.

The Master (2012): Paul Thomas Anderson is a genius film director, and this movie was incredible - great look at how a "cult" can really both bilk people & also provide an artificial way for those who feel "lost" to be "included". Featuring one of the last performances of PSH.

The Founder (2016): Michael Keaton plays Ray Kroc, the "founder" of McDonald's. Extremely well-done movie about an American institution.

Man of Steel (2013): The best Superman film, period.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019): Just saw this theatrically, and it's my favorite of the Sequel Trilogy films. I liked the return of the Emperor, the battles, etc. Excellent.

Bridesmaids(2011): Frickin' hilarious. 'Nuff said.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes; Dawn of the POTA; War for the POTA (2011; 2014; 2017): One of my favorite film franchises; I found these far superior to the original films - but that's me.

Limitless (2011) - Excellent thriller.

The Grey (2011) - Incredible action/survival movie starring Liam Neeson as one of a group whose plane crashes in the Alaskan wilderness, and they are forced to fend of a pack of savage wolves. Quite possibly my favorite Neeson film.

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015): One of the best post apocalyptic films I've ever seen. This was also my favorite Mad Max film (and I grew up with the older ones), and a truly sublime film experience - well done.

The Hunger Games I (2012): Another excellent post apocalyptic movie. Based on a series of novels that were not aimed at my age demographic (ha ha), I still really enjoyed this film.

The Walk (2015): Based on the true story of a Frenchman (Philippe Petit) who, with a tight-rope & a lot of help from his friends - walked between the NYC World Trade Center Twin Towers in 1974. Though I knew the scenes when he actually did "the walk" in the film were CGI/effects, these sequences were so unnerving it was tough to watch at times - and I mean that as a compliment.

Hereditary (2018): One of the best horror flicks ever made. Truly creepy & at times terrifying. Toni Collette was especially great in this.

Drive (2011): Excellent thriller & neo-noir, this was an incredible experience. Superb techno-ish soundtrack as well.

The Lobster (2016): Bizzare film, and I liked the social commentary. Well-done, but not for everyone.

Hmmmm.....honestly there weren't many films in the last decade that really wowed me. Maybe I have higher expectations than I should. But these are all films I saw something good in or sincerely enjoyed:

Mad Max: Fury Road - a hugely exciting ride

Knives Out - a classic premise with a strong cast and a sense of fun

ParaNorman - a really fun concept, beautifully executed in stop motion

Carol - very moving, a complex drama with great performances

Bridesmaids - a bit overrated now, but there's genuinely a lot of laughs in this movie and I think Kristen Wiig really gave a fantastic performance

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse - interesting sense of style, great characters and a complicated premise made completely understandable
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; January 9, 2020 at 02:25pm.