Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypothetical: Super7 does G.I.Joe. What would you want to see?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    The big rumour going around is that they have people working on evergreen lines at different levels much like they have for Transformers that would hit along side the Snake Eyes stuff but be seperate from it and would keep Joe on shelves.
    I hope Hasbro do a new 3.75" line with vehicles and a 6" Black Series/Marvel Legends collectors series.

Heroic Warrior
    ... And I’m hearing rumors now of a 6 inch G.I.Joe line from Hasbro.

It may be prompted partly by Marvel not renewing the license past 2020 yet.

Basically, if Marvel doesn’t renew and starts making figures in-house or buys Mattel to have them take over as has been rumored some execs want then Hasbro is going to have a bloody turf war on their hands for who gets the shelf space that went to Marvel figures.

Obviously, with Marvel’s success, Hasbro wouldn’t get be able to claim all the space but they’d fight like heck to make sure they keep more than half of it.

And they’d likely do that by going in heavy not just on G.I.Joe but going aggressive on other licenses. Maybe buy out Spinmasters and Playmates in part just for the TMNT, Ben 10, and DC licenses. And maybe another Transformers sub-line alongside Generations, Studio Series, and Cyberverse.

Just speculation but the idea of 6 inch Joe does strike me like it could be part of a big bloody battle for shelf space allocation if Marvel doesn’t renew. I’m now getting the impression that part of why we didn’t see it before was because the Disney properties sold big and Hasbro wanted to keep Disney happy.

The problem now is that Star Wars is losing shelf space with retailers which neither Disney or Marvel are probably happy about and Hasbro wants the shelf space the Marvel figures get back.

Talking to a friend, that may even tie into why they’ve gone so crazy with Marvel releases the last 2 years or so, beyond just good sales.

1. They’re trying to get everything out under the license before 2020 out of concern they’ll lose it.
    2. They’re using Marvel and their production capacity as a battering ram. As long as they can expand Marvel and TFs, it keeps competitors out (similar to Marvel and DC doing dozens of books and lots of variants to monopolize shelf space) but also because they know if they can take up 1/3rd the action figure aisle with Marvel that Disney won’t be able match that production level at first if they do take the license back and it will create space Hasbro can grab in the shuffle.

It checks out to me because I KNOW Mattel has done similar things like expanding and contracting lines strategically to make retailers create room that will be filled with other stuff of theirs when a line contracts.

So for example some of the wrestling figure stuff was done abruptly to get room on Walmart’s seasonal resets allocated for DCUC or MOTU Origins or Mega Construx.

Hasbro is a master at that side of the toy business: manipulating release cycles and lines to dominate the store planograms like a battlefield. And they have to be ready for Disney to walk away with Marvel or at minimum maintain a strong negotiating position on license fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    ... And I’m hearing rumors now of a 6 inch G.I.Joe line from Hasbro.

It may be prompted partly by Marvel not renewing the license past 2020 yet.

Basically, if Marvel doesn’t renew and starts making figures in-house or buys Mattel to have them take over as has been rumored some execs want then Hasbro is going to have a bloody turf war on their hands for who gets the shelf space that went to Marvel figures.

Obviously, with Marvel’s success, Hasbro wouldn’t get be able to claim all the space but they’d fight like heck to make sure they keep more than half of it.

And they’d likely do that by going in heavy not just on G.I.Joe but going aggressive on other licenses. Maybe buy out Spinmasters and Playmates in part just for the TMNT, Ben 10, and DC licenses. And maybe another Transformers sub-line alongside Generations, Studio Series, and Cyberverse.

Just speculation but the idea of 6 inch Joe does strike me like it could be part of a big bloody battle for shelf space allocation if Marvel doesn’t renew. I’m now getting the impression that part of why we didn’t see it before was because the Disney properties sold big and Hasbro wanted to keep Disney happy.

The problem now is that Star Wars is losing shelf space with retailers which neither Disney or Marvel are probably happy about and Hasbro wants the shelf space the Marvel figures get back.

Talking to a friend, that may even tie into why they’ve gone so crazy with Marvel releases the last 2 years or so, beyond just good sales.

1. They’re trying to get everything out under the license before 2020 out of concern they’ll lose it.
    2. They’re using Marvel and their production capacity as a battering ram. As long as they can expand Marvel and TFs, it keeps competitors out (similar to Marvel and DC doing dozens of books and lots of variants to monopolize shelf space) but also because they know if they can take up 1/3rd the action figure aisle with Marvel that Disney won’t be able match that production level at first if they do take the license back and it will create space Hasbro can grab in the shuffle.

It checks out to me because I KNOW Mattel has done similar things like expanding and contracting lines strategically to make retailers create room that will be filled with other stuff of theirs when a line contracts.

So for example some of the wrestling figure stuff was done abruptly to get room on Walmart’s seasonal resets allocated for DCUC or MOTU Origins or Mega Construx.

Hasbro is a master at that side of the toy business: manipulating release cycles and lines to dominate the store planograms like a battlefield. And they have to be ready for Disney to walk away with Marvel or at minimum maintain a strong negotiating position on license fees.
    Most toy shops in the UK have barely any Star Wars toys anymore. Most shops that do have any are still selling TFA, Rogue One, TLJ and Solo toys at substantally marked down clearance prices.

Hasbro make good Marvel Legends figures but there really isn't many other characters left for them to make.

I wasn't a big fan of the 25th anniversary G.I. Joe figures. 6" collectors figures are fine but if Hasbro want to bring G.I. Joe back in a big way and make it popular with children they need to make toys that are fun for children to collect and actually have fun playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    6" collectors figures are fine but if Hasbro want to bring G.I. Joe back in a big way and make it popular with children they need to make toys that are fun for children to collect and actually have fun playing with.
    Agreed.

Also, having the figures be LESS than 20-25 bucks would be a huge help.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; December 30, 2019 at 07:00pm.
    Odd Man Out

So I have said for years that a Gi Joe Black series would be a must own for me. I want 6” Snake eyes with a solid set of weapons and maybe even different heads. But not just Snake Eyes I want them to go all in and at some point I want to even have Kamakura!
    With that in mind I do feel like if that was to happen Super 7 wouldn’t be a part of it. I think at most they would get reaction options and muscle style options which would be a fun way to make all those vehicles.
    That said a kids line should be made and it would also be a good time to resurrect MASK as a sub division of GI Joe. It just makes so much sense

According to the latest news Jazwares has aquired the G.L. Joe licence from Hasbro and their will be some big joint reveal next month a Toy Fair.
    So it seems safe to say a deal wwith Super 7 is highly unlikely but who knows...maybe some Sunbow cartoon Reaction 3.75" figures for those that want them could still happen but the idea of 6" Ultimates is extremely unlikely.
    Jazwares Fortnite figures look pretty cool.
    Perhaps there might be some G.I. Joe Fortnite cross over figures with them appearing the in the game etc?
    As long as Hasbro or Jazwares release some 6" scale G.L. Joes at retail it will be awesome.

It seems the rumours of a 6" G.I. Joe line from Hasbro are true. Hopefully they have them in display at Toy Fair.

It seems the rumours of a 6" G.I. Joe line from Hasbro are true. Hopefully they have them in display at Toy Fair.
    Yeah I was going to start a new thread about this. But I am super stoked!! The first line up is very similar to what I would have done: Snake Eyes, Duke, Destro, Scarlet, Roadblock! It makes perfect sense to go with those characters! Everytime I go on a Joe forum most of the fans would rather have the first 6" line-up be similar to the first wave of the ARAH which had very few famous characters.

I will probably buy all the new 6" Joes, as long as they are similar to the ARAH designs.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Yeah I was going to start a new thread about this. But I am super stoked!! The first line up is very similar to what I would have done: Snake Eyes, Duke, Destro, Scarlet, Roadblock! It makes perfect sense to go with those characters! Everytime I go on a Joe forum most of the fans would rather have the first 6" line-up be similar to the first wave of the ARAH which had very few famous characters.

I will probably buy all the new 6" Joes, as long as they are similar to the ARAH designs.
    A new thread would be a good idea when it's officially announced.

I wonder if the first Sanke Eyes will be V1 or V2. I grew up with V", still have it fully complete but always liked the V1 comando look.

A new thread would be a good idea when it's officially announced.

I wonder if the first Sanke Eyes will be V1 or V2. I grew up with V", still have it fully complete but always liked the V1 comando look.
    I'm extremely excited and yes it would be announced on Feb 22nd at NYTF preview. As fas I've heard, Snake Eyes shall have 2 variants, so it could be v1 and v2 or v1 recoloured (Sunbow).

I've been wanting this line since I got my first SW Black Series. Still, some fans are not happy with the scale; but Hasbro bringing back the line to retail is awesome and I assume there will be 3 3/4 figures as well, having in consideration the upcoming "Snake Eyes" movie.

It is understandable that Habro shall relaunch G.I.Joe this year: SW don't have a new fill till X-Mas '22 (apparantly), Marvel has a very slow movie year with only "Black Widow", and Transformers doesn't any other immediate media movie or TV show in near sight. It is a great opportunity for G.I.Joe (and if well played, for MOTU; but I doubt Mattel would take proper advantage of it)

Also, I've heard a rumor that Hasbro has registered some Trade Marks for M.A.S.K. also, which it would be awesome is we get that surprise at next month's NYTF
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I'm extremely excited and yes it would be announced on Feb 22nd at NYTF preview. As fas I've heard, Snake Eyes shall have 2 variants, so it could be v1 and v2 or v1 recoloured (Sunbow).

I've been wanting this line since I got my first SW Black Series. Still, some fans are not happy with the scale; but Hasbro bringing back the line to retail is awesome and I assume there will be 3 3/4 figures as well, having in consideration the upcoming "Snake Eyes" movie.

It is understandable that Habro shall relaunch G.I.Joe this year: SW don't have a new fill till X-Mas '22 (apparantly), Marvel has a very slow movie year with only "Black Widow", and Transformers doesn't any other immediate media movie or TV show in near sight. It is a great opportunity for G.I.Joe (and if well played, for MOTU; but I doubt Mattel would take proper advantage of it)

Also, I've heard a rumor that Hasbro has registered some Trade Marks for M.A.S.K. also, which it would be awesome is we get that surprise at next month's NYTF
    I heard that the 2x Snake Eyes was the case ratio that there would be two per case.
    Two Snake Eyes would be pretty cool...although two might be a bit much for the firsy wave. I would still buy them though lol.
    Maybe one of them is a 6" movie version?

I would assume Hasbro will still do 3.75/4" figures. Perhaps that is part of the Jazwares deal to interact with their Fortnite figures.

Aside from M.A.S.K. I heard Hasbro might also be doing something with Micronauts and possibly Dungeons & Dragons.
    Last edited by Mark M; January 15, 2020 at 12:22pm.