Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #2 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

building with MCX bricks Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    - Why do the He-Men hear the Filmation music each time they jump dimensions?
    I've been assuming they hear the Cosmic Key music. The writing of that sound effect is not well thought-out, but in a visual medium it would have been tough to convey the wordless music regardless of what the effect were to be written as instead.
    Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

Heroic Warrior
    So far I'm really liking this series. I despised the last couple of series (Rob David < Keith Giffen & Tim Seeley) mainly because of the art. Freddie Williams II doesn't impress me with his generic, pupil-less chunks of squiggle. Sorry.

But man, I'm so glad to see Dan Fraga on this. He never fails to impress me.

My criticisms echo others in this thread:

- The Earth-centric dialogue is cringey. I had this same issue with Rob David's "witty" snappy wording.

- Was Tappers of Grayskull such a pop culture phenomenon that Tapper He-Man warrants being a main character? Is the game still even live? Wouldn't the optimum time for his appearance have been a couple of years ago?

- Why do the He-Men hear the Filmation music each time they jump dimensions?

-The ending features Disco Skeletor. So are they in 200X toy land or in the MYP cartoon? The characters don't seem evocative of either. If not for Skeletor's design I would have just assumed they were in the 2012-16 DC MOTU universe.
    - The music is probably the music of the Cosmic Key, from the 1987's MOTU movie, that Kevin to recreate, i suppose.

- The 200XMotuverse issue is dealing with events after the end of the 2002's series, since Hordak has already invaded Eternia. But it also could be that this is a different version of the 200X MOTUverse.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 13, 2020 at 10:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    I've been assuming they hear the Cosmic Key music. The writing of that sound effect is not well thought-out, but in a visual medium it would have been tough to convey the wordless music regardless of what the effect were to be written as instead.
    Yeah, it's kind of an odd plot device. Take a look at it again; I read it as Filmation since it fits the notes. I can't get it to read as Cosmic Key music no matter how hard I try to picture it.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, it's kind of an odd plot device. Take a look at it again; I read it as Filmation since it fits the notes. I can't get it to read as Cosmic Key music no matter how hard I try to picture it.
    At first I read it as the Filmation theme song as well, but when it dawned on me that they were using the Cosmic Key to travel the multiverse "duh", all of a sudden I was reading I was reading the notes as the actual tune that the Cosmic Key plays in the movie when in use.