Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: A 2nd, new Animated MOTU series is coming to Netflix

I'll only say that they are considered two different characters NOW (and by now, I mean in the era since Classics bios were introduced). But when the animated series and toyline came out in 2002, Zodak was the only Zodac we knew in that version of events, if that makes sense. The previously introduced in the '80s caucasian space guy didn't exist in the 200X continuity. He was redesigned (remade, rebooted, whatever) to appear as the figure we know now does (tattoos and a little less spacey... in fact, nothing about the character in 200X screams "spacey, cosmic dude"). Not that I care much either way, the more Zoda(insert final letter here) type characters we get in MOTU the better. Cosmic Enforcer, Mystic Enforcer, Preternian Enforcer, whathaveyou. But they weren't "two different characters" until Scott wrote the bios, came up with a roadmap of figures and the idea (and a great one, to boot) to release variants in quarterly slots and hey- we can do the 200X Zodak because it's a great reuse of parts with a few newly tooled pieces. Now fans can have both! As for Classics continuity being the superior version of events, that's more just a matter of preference.
    Last edited by zodak74; April 20, 2021 at 07:24am.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'll only say that they are considered two different characters NOW (and by now, I mean in the era since Classics bios were introduced). But when the animated series and toyline came out in 2002, Zodak was the only Zodac we knew in that version of events, if that makes sense.
    Back in 200x I assumed they were the same, but after seeing that it was spelled differently I assumed it was a different character. He has a different look, different weapon and fighting style not to mention a more involved backstory beyond just being a Cosmic Enforcer. I could be wrong, but that's how I've always interpreted it.

The previously introduced in the '80s caucasian space guy didn't exist in the 200X continuity.
    Do people consider Zodac caucasian? He's always been more latino in my mind?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Do people consider Zodac caucasian? He's always been more latino in my mind?
    I've never met anyone who thought this before...But I thought the same thing. I also thought Teela and the Sorceress were latina in the 2002 show, before realizing that no one else seemed to think this.

My main hope is that Clamp Champ finally gets some time to shine in this cartoon. Being the successor to Man-at-arms, he's a pretty important character and it's annoying that he never gets any screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by KNight( View Post
    I've never met anyone who thought this before...But I thought the same thing.

My main hope is that Clamp Champ finally gets some time to shine in this cartoon. Being the successor to Man-at-arms, he's a pretty important character and it's annoying that he never gets any screentime.
    I'd love to see Clamp Champ given the spotlight. Of course I'd also like it if that spotlight was in my collection and the Clamp Champ was his Origins figure, but I can't find the damn thing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KNight( View Post
    I've never met anyone who thought this before...But I thought the same thing. I also thought Teela and the Sorceress were latina in the 2002 show, before realizing that no one else seemed to think this.

I also imagined Teela and Duncan to be Latina/Latino (although, I thought the Sorceress was more middle eastern with the whole fake Egyptian thing).

And I have a feeling that's exactly why we don't see more Clamp Champ. Because MAA is such an iconic character, nobody would want to replace him. Which is a pity, I love Clamp Champ.

If they really want to be inclusive, they will make Teela a Gar... just sayin'...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

He-Man historian
    Back in 200x I assumed they were the same, but after seeing that it was spelled differently I assumed it was a different character.
    they re-imagined him so much, that 200x Zodak is essentially a different character from 83 Zodac. But zodak74 hit it right on nail. It was the only Zodac/k character for that reboot show. So he served that ”similar role”.

He's always been more latino in my mind?
    In Filmation he definitely has same tanned skin as He-Man. And its glaringly clear when a white paley dude like Zanthor stands next to him.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Trailer just dropped for a Trollhunters feature-length movie coming to Netflix in July.
    This is of interest because it's the same animation studio bringing us the new He-Man CGI series

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-july-trailer/
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Trailer just dropped for a Trollhunters feature-length movie coming to Netflix in July.
    This is of interest because it's the same animation studio bringing us the new He-Man CGI series

Fantastic! My daughters and I have loved watching the whole saga unfold. A conclusionary movie is great!!!!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

House of Cool is a top notch animation house. This series will look good.

I would not be at all surprised if MOTU follows a similar outline, to that of the Arcadia series, for it's Netflix run... even ending with a movie to tie things up.

Mattel's CEO is going to be a keynote speaker at TV Kids Summer Festival in early June. (It's a virtual event) Hopefully there's some new information, but he may just repeat what he's said in past conference calls and interviews.

During his keynote, Kreiz will discuss Mattel’s strategy to transform into an IP-driven, high-performing toy company. Kreiz will outline Mattel’s progress toward capturing the full value of the company’s iconic IP portfolio and creating global franchises that extend beyond the toy aisle, highlighting momentum across Mattel Films, Mattel Television, digital gaming, e-commerce and more.
    https://worldscreen.com/tvkids/ynon-...mmer-festival/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Master of New Adventures!
    Telling that MOTU isn't mentioned in the "portfolio of iconic franchises..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Mattel's CEO is going to be a keynote speaker at TV Kids Summer Festival in early June. (It's a virtual event) Hopefully there's some new information, but he may just repeat what he's said in past conference calls and interviews.

https://worldscreen.com/tvkids/ynon-...mmer-festival/

Now that Revelation has been uh, revealed... how long before we get to see more of this show??

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Now that Revelation has been uh, revealed... how long before we get to see more of this show??
    Well, they said fall, so presumably around September or so. If Revelation does well, perhaps a bit earlier?
    Either that or something gets leaked.

Heroic Warrior
    I know this series is suppose to be more "kid friendly" but how shocking would it be if this one is the bigger hit than the Kevin Smith one?
    Could be the new show that grabs not just the young but the older demographic as well - the new My Little Pony.

The new Bronies.

Packaged He-Man and Skeletor toy images were posted in this group!

Can you post images for those that don't use Facebook?

Not a bad Skeletor design. He-Man's head dosn't look so tiny in the packaging art, but did they have to give him dreamworks face?

Can you post images for those that don't use Facebook?

Thanks Tallstar.

I have no interest in this line based on what we're seeing here, but I hope the kids like this line. Skeletor looks pretty sinister design wise.

Court Magician
    I wish they'd release the voice cast already. Since I'm more familliar with voice actors than live action actors, I feel like I'd be more likely to recognize some of the voices chosen for this show. I have a few in mind that I would be very excited to see participate in this project.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Not a bad Skeletor design. He-Man's head dosn't look so tiny in the packaging art, but did they have to give him dreamworks face?
    I think the answer to that is “it’s easier.”

That said I like most of what I see so far.

Really like Skeletor's design. Grayskull looks cool, too.

Who is this group and how did they get these?

Very reminiscent of the Disney Hercules line...

I think that this Skeletor design looks WAY better than that Revelation 'God Skeletor'...