Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: A 2nd, new Animated MOTU series is coming to Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Very reminiscent of the Disney Hercules line...

I think that this Skeletor design looks WAY better than that Revelation 'God Skeletor'...
    Yeah, Skeletor looks really good. I'm not talking about the toy, but the actual glimpse at the CG design. I was worried about him mostly, but it looks like they've done a good job. Also, even though the pic is small, Grayskull looks pretty cool. It looks as though this series is going to veer more into the space-fantasy route. Can't wait to see the other characters. Absolutely loved Trollhunters and the two other series' that made up the Arcadia trilogy. High hopes for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, Skeletor looks really good. I'm not talking about the toy, but the actual glimpse at the CG design. I was worried about him mostly, but it looks like they've done a good job. Also, even though the pic is small, Grayskull looks pretty cool. It looks as though this series is going to veer more into the space-fantasy route. Can't wait to see the other characters. Absolutely loved Trollhunters and the two other series' that made up the Arcadia trilogy. High hopes for this.
    Agreed.

Obviously, I'm a big New Adventures fan... so the sci-fi aspects really pique my interest!

As for the actual figures, I'm not liking that giant power sword... it's too similar to the 200X version which I never came to terms with.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Thank goodness. A line that I DON'T want to collect lol.

Thanks for sharing. At this point, I don't understand Mattel's brand strategy. i.e., why keep changing He-Man's logo? If redesigning, why not keep it consistent between shows?
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Is this 5.5?

Agreed.

Obviously, I'm a big New Adventures fan... so the sci-fi aspects really pique my interest!

As for the actual figures, I'm not liking that giant power sword... it's too similar to the 200X version which I never came to terms with.
    agreed on the same points.

I loved NA, wasn't fond of the 200X sword, but so far this seems ok and at least they are not afraid to try something new at the same time giving us something more in line of what we want in an adult aimed show with revelations.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Looking at these more, they look so cheap. But I can't imagine them being much cheaper than the Origins line in terms of price.

Idk, I hope eventually we get these versions of the characters in either Masterverse or Origins, since I like the designs and renders, but as figures, they look terrible.

Also, I wonder if He-Man fuses with Battle Cat or something for the Battle Armor. Since it looks a lot like Battle Cat's armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Very reminiscent of the Disney Hercules line...

I think that this Skeletor design looks WAY better than that Revelation 'God Skeletor'...
    I like both a lot ngl. But I absolutely adore this skull. I love the little details on the render (especially on the neck area) and I'm sad those didn't translate to toy form. Hopefully they put out a glowing Skeletor or something with a light inside for those or something.

I cannot get over how much MOTU merch there is in 2021 as compared to 1985.
    Odd Man Out

Bang Your Head
    Yikes!
    I'm not a fan of the designs.
    However, if you were to take these and apply them to 200x, they would work as variants for that series. This show isn't for me, and I'm ok with that. This is nowhere as bad as Netflix She-Ra...

Heroic Warrior
    This looks ugly.
    Like the 2002 series.

Not my thing

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Who is this group and how did they get these?
    I don't know where the images originally came from. The FB group is one of a few created by Adultcollector.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I cannot get over how much MOTU merch there is in 2021 as compared to 1985.
    Which could be a good thing... or, a bad thing.

Having three different (four if you count Mega Construx) MOTU lines in the toy aisle at the same time can kill off the more expensive of the said lines...

Unfortunately, those are typically the higher quality figures.

I'm still not sure what Mattel's endgame is...

Which could be a good thing... or, a bad thing.

Having three different (four if you count Mega Construx) MOTU lines in the toy aisle at the same time can kill off the more expensive of the said lines...

Unfortunately, those are typically the higher quality figures.

I'm still not sure what Mattel's endgame is...
    The more expensive, high quality lines tend to be aimed at the older collectors, so I can understand at least in theory why the lines wouldn't eat into each other.

I would say the real problem is that the newer version seldom get more collector centric lines of their.

A good example, is Netflix She-Ra (let's not get into a discussion on the actual quality of the show), it had/has a decent sized adult fanbase (albeit one who was separate from the wider MoTU/PoP fandom), who would have eaten a more collector centric line up. And to that end I think it was a mistake to not produce any collector centric figures or merch targeted at that fanbase.

And to that end I think Mattel will make the same mistake with this series. Even if it ends up being a hit with older fans (be them old school MoTU fans or a millenial fanbase like Netlfix She-Ra has), they won't throw that fanbase a bone figure wise. Because Mattel seem to have it in there heads that only the classic version of MoTU can have a more collector centric line.

I love everything about the MOTU Revelation series (based on what we've seen so far) and I know I will love it as much as Filmation MOTU & POP, the 1987 live action movie, New Adventures, MYP MOTU and Netflix POP. I look forward to seeing Revelation and CGI MOTU. It's all beautiful to me as far as visuals go, and I'm sure the stories will be amazing and awesome.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I'm actually curious about this one. It looks to me that this version of He-Man will be more Sci-Fi than Swords and Sorcery. Not saying there won't be any magic or things like that, but given a good look at the first picture you actually see He-Man and Battle Cat, then seeing the images of the toys coming with this series. I'm not overly thrilled with He-Man's new look, but I do think Skeletor and Battle Cat look awesome! I want to know who is all going to be in this series and what they look like too. I also wonder if they'll introduce the other factions like the Snake Men and eventually the Horde and bring along She-Ra like the 2002 series was originally going to do, but it's probably way too early to tell. Just wish they would give us more info. I kind of wish I was a little kid again because I would've been ecstatic and would drive my parents crazy in buying me the toys to it whenever this show came out. Anyway, I'm a little more optimistic about this version than I am of Revelation. I know it's supposed to be geared towards little kids, but it's a He-Man cartoon, I'm willing to give it a chance.

One thing I hope the show improves on, is the handling of Skeletor's minions.

While the 03 series did a great job of making a menacing and competent versions of Skeletor, aside from Evil Lyn, the rest of his crew really weren't much of a threat, they were mostly portrayed as a bunch of incompetents who He-Man could beat up on his own.

So I do hope this shows renditions of those characters, actual get to be threats in their own rights, than be comic relief losers.

True. Skeletor and Evil Lyn in that series were the most competent villains of the bunch aside from the Snake Men and Hordak. Tri-Klops had potential, but they dumbed him down too much too. In Roboto's Gambit, his plan might have worked, though he probably would've lost control of those skeletal clones sooner or later, but a point-and-shoot mass clone army to overwhelm the Masters wasn't a bad idea.

Keynote: Mattel’s Ynon Kreiz / TV KIDS SUMMER FESTIVAL 2021 (Video interview at the link)

Masters of the Universe is mentioned a couple of times in this interview. Nothing new was revealed, but they included the "By the power of Grayskull! We have the power!" sound bite that was previously deleted from a past Mattel conference call video. @ 00:19

https://worldscreenevents.com/festiv...ls-ynon-kreiz/

tvkidsfestival.jpg

--------------------

Adult Collector just added the clip to his YouTube channel.

Last edited by Tallstar; June 7, 2021 at 02:18pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Keynote: Mattel’s Ynon Kreiz / TV KIDS SUMMER FESTIVAL 2021 (Video interview at the link)

Masters of the Universe is mentioned a couple of times in this interview. Nothing new was revealed, but they included the "By the power of Grayskull! We have the power!" sound bite that was previously deleted from a past Mattel conference call video. @ 00:19

https://worldscreenevents.com/festiv...ls-ynon-kreiz/

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...6&d=1623080597

tvkidsfestival.jpg

--------------------

Adult Collector just added the clip to his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_SLTHTzfA
    "We have the power"? Also talk about unenthusiastic, it's like Man at Arms just t9old him he had the share and now he's all pouty about it.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/12/2021

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    "We have the power"? Also talk about unenthusiastic, it's like Man at Arms just t9old him he had the share and now he's all pouty about it.
    Didn't the "I Have The Power" song from Secret of the Sword end with the lyric "We have the power?"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Didn't the "I Have The Power" song from Secret of the Sword end with the lyric "We have the power?"
    Yes it did. So it's not a new concept in the MOTU lore. In fact, the DC Comics explored this concept too.

'We,' 'Us,' and 'Together' have always been the message from MOTU and POP...

It is most definitely not a new concept.

The Revelation trailer blew me away and now I'm like "okay CGI show, TOP THAT"
    The bar is pretty high now and I'm anxious to see a trailer for this particular series and see how it compares (also just interested in general in how marketing might be different for each one if they're aiming for two different audiences... this is the first time we've had two He-Man shows in one year... such strange, exciting times!).
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The Revelation trailer blew me away and now I'm like "okay CGI show, TOP THAT"
    The bar is pretty high now and I'm anxious to see a trailer for this particular series and see how it compares (also just interested in general in how marketing might be different for each one if they're aiming for two different audiences... this is the first time we've had two He-Man shows in one year... such strange, exciting times!).
    I kinda doubt this one will have Bonnie Tyler in the trailer.