Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 251 to 261 of 261

Thread: A 2nd, new Animated MOTU series is coming to Netflix

  1. #251
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    4,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Very reminiscent of the Disney Hercules line...

    I think that this Skeletor design looks WAY better than that Revelation 'God Skeletor'...
    Yeah, Skeletor looks really good. I'm not talking about the toy, but the actual glimpse at the CG design. I was worried about him mostly, but it looks like they've done a good job. Also, even though the pic is small, Grayskull looks pretty cool. It looks as though this series is going to veer more into the space-fantasy route. Can't wait to see the other characters. Absolutely loved Trollhunters and the two other series' that made up the Arcadia trilogy. High hopes for this.

  2. #252
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, Skeletor looks really good. I'm not talking about the toy, but the actual glimpse at the CG design. I was worried about him mostly, but it looks like they've done a good job. Also, even though the pic is small, Grayskull looks pretty cool. It looks as though this series is going to veer more into the space-fantasy route. Can't wait to see the other characters. Absolutely loved Trollhunters and the two other series' that made up the Arcadia trilogy. High hopes for this.
    Agreed.

    Obviously, I'm a big New Adventures fan... so the sci-fi aspects really pique my interest!

    As for the actual figures, I'm not liking that giant power sword... it's too similar to the 200X version which I never came to terms with.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

  3. #253
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,349
    Thank goodness. A line that I DON'T want to collect lol.

  4. #254
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10,476
    Thanks for sharing. At this point, I don't understand Mattel's brand strategy. i.e., why keep changing He-Man's logo? If redesigning, why not keep it consistent between shows?
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

  5. #255
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    787
    Is this 5.5?

  6. #256
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Agreed.

    Obviously, I'm a big New Adventures fan... so the sci-fi aspects really pique my interest!

    As for the actual figures, I'm not liking that giant power sword... it's too similar to the 200X version which I never came to terms with.
    agreed on the same points.

    I loved NA, wasn't fond of the 200X sword, but so far this seems ok and at least they are not afraid to try something new at the same time giving us something more in line of what we want in an adult aimed show with revelations.
    cogito ergo doleo

  7. #257
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    787
    Looking at these more, they look so cheap. But I can't imagine them being much cheaper than the Origins line in terms of price.

    Idk, I hope eventually we get these versions of the characters in either Masterverse or Origins, since I like the designs and renders, but as figures, they look terrible.

    Also, I wonder if He-Man fuses with Battle Cat or something for the Battle Armor. Since it looks a lot like Battle Cat's armor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Very reminiscent of the Disney Hercules line...

    I think that this Skeletor design looks WAY better than that Revelation 'God Skeletor'...
    I like both a lot ngl. But I absolutely adore this skull. I love the little details on the render (especially on the neck area) and I'm sad those didn't translate to toy form. Hopefully they put out a glowing Skeletor or something with a light inside for those or something.

  8. #258
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,713
    I cannot get over how much MOTU merch there is in 2021 as compared to 1985.
    Odd Man Out

  9. #259
    Bang Your Head
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,745
    Yikes!
    I'm not a fan of the designs.
    However, if you were to take these and apply them to 200x, they would work as variants for that series. This show isn't for me, and I'm ok with that. This is nowhere as bad as Netflix She-Ra...

  10. #260
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    478
    This looks ugly.
    Like the 2002 series.

    Not my thing

  11. #261
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    30,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Who is this group and how did they get these?
    I don't know where the images originally came from. The FB group is one of a few created by Adultcollector.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •