Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2nd, new Animated MOTU series is coming to Netflix

I also am looking forward to it. They are not billing it as something it is not so expectations are set.

Quote Originally Posted by Feezle View Post
    I also am looking forward to it. They are not billing it as something it is not so expectations are set.
    Oh, please. People still complaining about MOTU revelation (and can't even do it in the right thread) will find a way to complain about this one, too, especially if the women do anything other than be cheerleaders with giant boobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, its what I thought. The whole "We have the Power!" thing implies that the Masters are going to be portrayed as more of a superhero team, with He-Man obviously being the head. TBH, its not a million miles away from what the 200x series did. They were all referred to Masters throughout, and it was always more of an ensemble piece than the original Filmation series, with each member getting their own episode or two.

But all in all, just like with She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, it seems that this is a full-on unapologetic reboot of the property. I'm one of those silly fans who actually welcomes new takes, so I'm actually more intrigued by this than I was for Revelation. And the fact that its got the same animation house as Trollhunters, 3Below and Wizards just makes me more excited for it. Looking forward to it.

And didn't the original blurb when the series was first announced describe Adam as being a "lost" prince? Or am I misremembering? But yes, a proper re-imagining. Bring it.
    LOL, Revelation is a proper re-imagining too, just not one catering to the gross Clownfish TV crowd.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by 80slady View Post
    Oh, please. People still complaining about MOTU revelation (and can't even do it in the right thread) will find a way to complain about this one, too, especially if the women do anything other than be cheerleaders with giant boobs.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, Revelation is a proper re-imagining too, just not one catering to the gross Clownfish TV crowd.
    No one to my knowledge is making that argument. But you keep on beating up that straw man.
    I'm a widget.

Sorry I thought I heard something about cheerleaders and chestnuts,.... What I miss? I Wanna chime in on cheerleaders and chestnuts....lol. Seriously When is more gonna " leak " about this show.......

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Sorry I thought I heard something about cheerleaders and chestnuts,.... What I miss? I Wanna chime in on cheerleaders and chestnuts....lol. Seriously When is more gonna " leak " about this show.......
    Whatever you missed , I missed it too . Struggling to think of a single iteration of Motu where teelas less clothed than he man ,or sidelined to " just a cheerleader"

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Excuse me? I for one have zero problem with a fresh outlook on something trying to be its own thing. I don’t appreciate the assumptions either.

Heroic Warrior
    I definitely wouldn't describe Revelation as a re-imagining.

Heroic Warrior
    The more information comes out the more it does sound like Grayskull creates RPG party from a group of misfits, with Adam as the leader. Which makes a lot of sense if it's about being a team, that one character can't win on their own, everyone has to contribute a unique ability.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    The more information comes out the more it does sound like Grayskull creates RPG party from a group of misfits, with Adam as the leader. Which makes a lot of sense if it's about being a team, that one character can't win on their own, everyone has to contribute a unique ability.
    Will there be the ubiquitous tavern that doles out the never-ending side quests?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    Will there be the ubiquitous tavern that doles out the never-ending side quests?
    Just replace "side quests" with "filler episodes". Also, I presume that the heroes will have to have a spot to hang out that isn't the creepy haunted castle.

Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    This series keeps sounding better and better!

Heroic Warrior
    "Grayskull creates RPG party from" them is a weird way of putting it, like they wouldn't form an RPG party unless the castle changed their personalities.

Leaked image of either The Sorceress, or Teela (as sorceress). Looks very D&D/Dragon Age!

Last edited by sirsniffy; August 2, 2021 at 08:15pm.

I'm pretty stoked about this show too!

Especially with the pedigree it has...

I just wish that there was a way to keep it from getting smeared like Revelation.

I have no doubt that the usual suspects have already decided to hate this show, and can't wait for any small nugget to make a propaganda video.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I just wish that there was a way to keep it from getting smeared like Revelation.

I have no doubt that the usual suspects have already decided to hate this show, and can't wait for any small nugget to make a propaganda video.
    I don't think it's going to get smeared. It's always been marketed as a kids CGI show. People are going into it knowing what it is. I think it's the perfect opportunity for MOTU adult fans to try and bring their kids into He-Man (if they haven't already).

I think this show is safe. Let's hope kids like it.

If Revelations is any indication those videos will not matter much, especially since they are aiming younger with this show. I don't think kids will care if the youtubers are saying the show has an "agenda" or a poor audience score on Rotten Tomatoes. I imagine there will be less mainstream coverage of this series so not as many people will be talking about it.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    "Grayskull creates RPG party from" them is a weird way of putting it, like they wouldn't form an RPG party unless the castle changed their personalities.
    Here I saw it like the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon where everyone was cast in a role. They get something from the Power of Grayskull and are fitted in that role as a result.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Leaked image of either The Sorceress, or Teela (as sorceress). Looks very D&D/Dragon Age!
    This is why I saw Teela as the White Mage of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    If Revelations is any indication those videos will not matter much, especially since they are aiming younger with this show. I don't think kids will care if the youtubers are saying the show has an "agenda" or a poor audience score on Rotten Tomatoes. I imagine there will be less mainstream coverage of this series so not as many people will be talking about it.
    SPOP was aimed at a younger demographic as well, and the small-stream-social media outlets said some pretty awful things about it... going so far as to lay personal attacks on the devs of the show.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Here I saw it like the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon where everyone was cast in a role. They get something from the Power of Grayskull and are fitted in that role as a result.

- - - Updated - - -

Loved the dungeons and dragons cartoon , as apprehensive as I've been about teela and Duncan being the same age , I'd be SO down for something like this

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

SPOP was aimed at a younger demographic as well, and the small-stream-social media outlets said some pretty awful things about it... going so far as to lay personal attacks on the devs of the show.
    SPOP also came out of the gate swinging at the old fandom and the original property. I don't think this show will make that same mistake.

I remember what I'm saying is that it will not get as much attention as Revelations and the success of the show will ultimately be unaffected by outrage. There's nothing indicating that the performance of SPOP and Revelations were effected by such influencers.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    Since this is sounding more and more like an Isekai/D&D-esque show, this might be tied in with the upcoming Legends of Grayskull TRPG.
    That be pretty cool, and cooler if it comes with a starter box with pre-gen characters of this new show.

Of course this show will get ravaged by the usual suspects. Clicks means views, views mean ad revenue.
    Capitalism BABY! YEAH!

I honestly expected a teaser for this by now. A little disappointed they weren't ready to capitalize on the viewership of Revelation.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, also very Final Fantasy inspired. Whenever I see that hooded look and a staff...I think of a White mage!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Loved the dungeons and dragons cartoon , as apprehensive as I've been about teela and Duncan being the same age , I'd be SO down for something like this
    Remember that the Sorceress who may or may not have banged Duncan was split off from the 1982 Teela figure and Filmation even named her "Teela-Na". I can't see any objection to such a character and Duncan being the same age. You can think of it as the daughter-Teela not having been born yet.