Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: A 2nd, new Animated MOTU series is coming to Netflix

I am excited about getting Man-At-Arms (if that's who Duncan is in this new show) back to his roots... I always assumed in the first four mini-comics that he, He-Man and Teela were all the same age range. I was never crazy about him being Teela's father and would welcome a version of MOTU again that put him back into the same peer group, if that makes sense.
    Also, I'm all about Castle Grayskull being a spooky old place that these characters are now "calling home". In this paperback, at least, I'm hoping they spend a lot of time exploring the nooks and crannies of Grayskull for a change... none of the previous cartoons ever went all in on actually exploring the castle from top to bottom.
    Also another random thought. What if instead of a Sorceress, we have Spirit of Grayskull in this version instead?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    So if most the cast get transformations, does anyone else think Teela's will take some ques from the Goddess?
    Hm I was assuming it would go into a snake armor direction, but I suppose it could go into Sorceress territory, or yeah, green goddess?
    Rammy will definitely get his ramming armor / helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    [...] I'm all about Castle Grayskull being a spooky old place that these characters are now "calling home". In this paperback, at least, I'm hoping they spend a lot of time exploring the nooks and crannies of Grayskull for a change... none of the previous cartoons ever went all in on actually exploring the castle from top to bottom.
    Also another random thought. What if instead of a Sorceress, we have Spirit of Grayskull in this version instead?
    I’m down with them living in Grayskull this time. The early universe was clearly meant to have Grayskull be a central part- why otherwise have it as playset? To have 2/3 of the play-action take place at some Eternian palace that was never released as a toy?

But it’s still so little info to tell... This is just text from a tie-in licensed book, which often skew “simpler” (and feel even younger?) than the actual animated series. So we’ll have to see what the actual stories of the show are like...

I’m a total traditionalist but I’m trying to stay open!

I am excited about getting Man-At-Arms (if that's who Duncan is in this new show) back to his roots... I always assumed in the first four mini-comics that he, He-Man and Teela were all the same age range. I was never crazy about him being Teela's father and would welcome a version of MOTU again that put him back into the same peer group, if that makes sense.
    Also, I'm all about Castle Grayskull being a spooky old place that these characters are now "calling home". In this paperback, at least, I'm hoping they spend a lot of time exploring the nooks and crannies of Grayskull for a change... none of the previous cartoons ever went all in on actually exploring the castle from top to bottom.
    I agree.

I would love to see the Castle through exploration by these characters.

Its purpose, lore, architecture, secrets, etc.

Castle Grayskull is almost a character itself, and as such deserves to be examined. It has been an untapped well of titillation for all these years...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

A younger Duncan will be a mental hurdle for me, but if done well I can get used to it.

From there, I wonder if Duncan and Teela will be siblings or cousins here? Maybe Dekker will still be "Man-At-Arms" and Duncan will still be working towards that title. I wonder if Dekker might be Duncan and Teela's guardian?

I'm also excited about the possibility of Grayskull being explored more thoroughly.

Perhaps instead of Sorceress or the Spirit of Grayskull, we could have both?
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: Tung Lasher, Rattlor, He-Man, Battle Cat, Panthor, Buzz Off, Webstor, Sorceress, She-Ra, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    So if most the cast get transformations, does anyone else think Teela's will take some ques from the Goddess?
    I would love to see The Green Goddess in animated form with her cobra armour, staff and shield.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm....the teens living together angle I don't mind, but everyone getting a power up? Will Adam's secret be shared among the rest? It's not looking likely, but then, having the likes of Teela know the sort of person Adam is from the start could make their bond over the series more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Hmm....the teens living together angle I don't mind, but everyone getting a power up? Will Adam's secret be shared among the rest? It's not looking likely, but then, having the likes of Teela know the sort of person Adam is from the start could make their bond over the series more interesting.
    It sounds like there won't be a secret in this iteration or it'll be shared amongst a handful of characters. We've heard "We have the power!" is going to be a thing, so it's not Adam's alone for sure.

I think Teela knowing about Adam/He-Man is much like Lois Lane knowing about Clark Kent/Superman, it will lead to some interesting story ideas and plots. Sometimes it's good to shake things up a bit.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    It sounds like there won't be a secret in this iteration or it'll be shared amongst a handful of characters. We've heard "We have the power!" is going to be a thing, so it's not Adam's alone for sure.
    I kind of get the idea, and wish I could find that one picture of He-Man with the graph showing “distribution of the Power of Grayskull.”

The fear is that since He-Man is the only one who has the power, the other Masters might be seen as superfluous. They aren’t, but that’s the fear. Especially Teela who at first tends to lack any sort of gimmick besides a really good sword arm. So if they all draw on the Power of Grayskull, theoretically, they’re just as important.

Of course how that power manifests itself should be interesting to see.

Haha, ewwww. Easy pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Ram Man and Fisto are destined to be lovers!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Haha, ewwww. Easy pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Ram Man and Fisto are destined to be lovers!
    Eighteen naked Masters in the showers at Ram Man Ranch

Heroic Warrior
    The core is trying to avoid this inequality -

bd2.jpg

Which like I said, I get.

I take it if it is a quartet of heroes with the Power, and everyone else is secondary or working for the king, that Ram Man will definitely be the comic relief character.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    I take it if it is a quartet of heroes with the Power, and everyone else is secondary or working for the king, that Ram Man will definitely be the comic relief character.
    The announcement mentioned that He-Man is still a prince, but we can't be sure that there even is a King Randor in the cast. He'll be living in Castle Grayskull rather than his parents' palace, after all.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    The core is trying to avoid this inequality -

bd2.jpg

Which like I said, I get.

That image is beautiful. Something about the shirt with the furry underwear is just amusing to me.

And tbh, I really like the idea of sharing the power. Although, ngl I would have preferred to see the He-Force from Masters of the Multiverse return, as I really liked their designs

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Zodac and Zodak are two different characters. Zodac was never blackwashed.
    In Classics continuity, which is not canon.

Heroic Warrior
    Apparently all it takes for a racebent character to be a completely original, new character is just changing one letter.

Also, there is literally no evidence pointing to them racebending anyone. I'd like to remind everyone of that. Until we have pictures of the main cast, you guys are getting worked up over an imaginary boogyman.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Apparently all it takes for a racebent character to be a completely original, new character is just changing one letter.
    My proposed names for an all-black core cast:
    Adum, Prince of Eternia
    Tea-La
    Dunkin (surname Donitz)
    Ram Mann

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    My proposed names for an all-black core cast:
    Adum, Prince of Eternia
    Tea-La
    Dunkin (surname Donitz)
    Ram Mann
    [Intro: Narrator, *Customer*, Female Employee, Man-At-Arms, & Male Employee]
    Something's brewing at D'in' D
    *Wow!*
    Duncan!
    It's not Duncan any more, it's 'Dunk'!
    Dunk Accino?
    Don't mind if I do!

[Chorus: Man-At-Arms & customers]
    What's my name?
    Dunkaccino!
    It's a whole new game
    Dunkaccino!

[Verse: Man-At-Arms]
    You want creamy goodness, I'm your friend
    Say hello to my chocolate blend
    Attica, hoo-wah, latte lite
    This whole trial is out of sight
    They pulled me back in with hazelnut, too
    Caramel swirl... I know it was you
    Everyone wants my Dunkaccino
    Can't get enough of my Dunkaccino
    Kids from seven to seventeen-o
    Lining up for my Dunkaccino

[Chorus: Man-At-Arms & customers]
    What's my name?
    Dunkaccino!
    A-Dunka-Dunka-Dunka-Dunka-
    Dunkaccino!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I guess this would be one way of explaining everybody's abilities (well, everybody who got an action figure back in the day). It's not like every average Eternian has powers (that is, if we're going by Filmation or MYP standards). So, maybe "sharing the power" explains why Sy-Klone is the way he is, or Extendar, Mekaneck, Ram Man, etc etc.
    But if that's the case, would it be the same explanation for Evil-Lyn having magical abilities, Tri-Klops having multi-vision, Stinkor stinking, etc. There's a lot we don't know yet but it's all got the imagination going and guessing games in full effect.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

This thread should be about the new show, not each other. Please stay on topic and be respectful towards each other. Thanks.

This should be a celebration!

If someone had told me, five years ago, that not one, but TWO new MOTU cartoons were coming - on top of a new RETAIL line of figures with another hitting this fall, I would have thought them crazy... like insane-crazy.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    In Classics continuity, which is not canon.
    Oh, there's one single unifying MOTU canon now? Last I counted, there was like 137.

Zodak and Zodac are two different characters. Zodac was not in 200X. Zodac was never blackwashed.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Oh, there's one single unifying MOTU canon now? Last I counted, there was like 137.

Zodak and Zodac are two different characters. Zodac was not in 200X. Zodac was never blackwashed.
    The notion that Zodac and Zodak are separate characters is something that only exists in the Classics biographies to justify producing a figure of the same character twice, a fact that has been overtly stated on multiple occasions. And while there are multiple Masters of the Universe continuities, it has been established that the Classics biographies are not canon in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The notion that Zodac and Zodak are separate characters is something that only exists in the Classics biographies to justify producing a figure of the same character twice, a fact that has been overtly stated on multiple occasions. And while there are multiple Masters of the Universe continuities, it has been established that the Classics biographies are not canon in any of them.
    Sorry. They're two different characters. There are multiple canons, and Classics is one that holds more weight to it than most. I don't know why it's so important for you to have them be one character, but negating established canon in favor of your own fan theory and pointing vaguely to nebulous internet discussions where people debated the same thing 20 years ago as evidence to back your claim is grasping at straws.

That's like saying Zac Efron and Zack Galifanakis are the same person because they're both have the same profession and their homophonous first name starts with 'Z'.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Sorry. They're two different characters. There are multiple canons, and Classics is one that holds more weight to it than most. I don't know why it's so important for you to have them be one character, but negating established canon in favor of your own fan theory and pointing vaguely to nebulous internet discussions where people debated the same thing 20 years ago as evidence to back your claim is grasping at straws.

That's like saying Zac Efron and Zack Galifanakis are the same person because they're both have the same profession and their homophonous first name starts with 'Z'.
    Zodac and Zodak are the exact same character, how can people NOT see that. Regardless of spelling and race, the Cosmic Enforcer remains the same character.