Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2nd, new Animated MOTU series is coming to Netflix

Heroic Warrior
    According to a review

Eternia is now called Eternos

Iím looking forward to this show. Looks like itís just trying to be fun, and that sounds great to me.

I am a bit disappointed that mattel didnít get the toys out for release time of the show. Mattel was on it for revelations. All my Walmartís had the shipper the week before. Target had the end caps.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    According to a review

Randor: It's free reel estate

BTW, here's the review

https://www.polygon.com/22671624/he-...flix-reboot-cg

On Adam's relationship with Krass

Adoptive brother and sister

On Keldor/Skeletor

He is 'awoken' when Adam summons the power of Grayskull for the first time

On Teela's arc

Teela is 'torn between her independence and relying on Adam to bestow her with power'

Differences between this and Revelation

It's not as 'thematically or emotionally coherent' as Revelation (but that's fine, neither was Revelation, rofl)

Oh, and there is only ten episodes in this season
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; September 15, 2021 at 11:02am.

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds like a core reboot that takes a lot of liberties but is a good show for the younger set. Now we see if the kids like it.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Hmm. I didn't read the review because I want to avoid spoilers, but I seriously don't know how I feel about this review headline:

"Netflix’s other He-Man reboot feels like it was written by a 5-year-old, in all the best ways"

And have ya read an actual 5 year old's writing dear reviewer, because it's usually not good... because they're 5!

I guess I'll l find out for myself soon!
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; September 15, 2021 at 11:12am.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Heroic Warrior
    I dunno, thereís a few shows that feel like theyíre written by hyperactive kids and they end up classics, or at least crowd pleasers. Kids arenít worried about proms, they want to see shiny things hit each other.

Heroic Warrior
    The reviewer summarises the show as 'simple', he could just be underselling it and we, the 'big kids' will see strengths, he did cite the character focus is 'meaningful', though he only points to Teela as the prime example, I'm sure the others are fleshed out.

So Krass has a bit of wandering eye. I wonder if that's a consequence of breaking things with her head.

I'll take simple over a teenage-young adult drama that writers some how think 5-8 year olds should relate to. I haven't read any spoiler articles yet.

I just want shows like this to be fun and have interesting characters.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Actually, I think Eternia is still Eternia, Adam says 'saving Eternia is up to us' in the trailer.Eternos is probably just Randor's kingdom.

Also, the Ork-o robot believes he is the original 'Orko the great' from ancient times. Really makes you wonder....

I do wonder if we'll see the horde in this show though. Given their ties to PoP in the modern era.

Heroic Warrior
    Do we know how episodes there will be?

According to the positive review I read there's 10 episodes coming.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Thank you! Watching now.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior

i think the idea of Havoc energy and Keldor being a human came from the Art of He-Man Book also Cringer being a wise mentor came from their as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This was great!!! (Also, lots-o-spoilers )

I'm even more pumped for show now!

I wonder if we will see other characters enter the fold as the story progresses...? Maybe a certain "Master of Aviation?" Or a "Master of Extension?" "Master of Camouflage?"

SOOO EXCITED!

I already loved the character designs, and now I know why... they are the brainchild of Jeff Matsuda! The Batman and Jackie Chan Adventures are two of the best cartoons ever!

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I even mention that in the post I made sharing the link to the review

Anyhoo, when should the episode talkback threads be created for this?

I'll go check Netflix to see if it's dropped yet...

30 minutes until the power is ours.

I'm ready!!
    Lord Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    It's live now on Netflix, just saw the first two episodes

I knew that positive review we saw earlier was underselling it a bit...it's far from 'simple', has a lot of heart and every character is likeable thus far...except for the villains of course, oh, and one other which may prove...interesting.

Also, very surprisingly dark....with Keldor killing a lot of royal guardsmen. We learn he selected the Havoc staff instead of the Sword of power the last time he visited Grayskull.

Krass and Adam have incredible chemistry and really gel as a 'family' with Cringer. Their rough and tumble playfight at the campfire in episode two is the sort of thing Adam never got to see much of in many of the franchise's various forms. It's so refreshing to give Adam a friend that really cares about how he's feeling and what he's determined to do.

And, yeah, Teela is really good too. Has a fear of cats, and doesn't seem quite as 'annoyed' with Adam as other versions, in fact she can be pretty concerned about him as well as respectful and sweet. I was expecting spicy banter between the two of them after she was incarcerated by the tribe, but was pleasantly surprised that wasn't the case.

I was a little dissapointed to see the tribe get sidelined so quickly, I liked the little junior 'Kitten' and something about the tribe's aversion to magic could have been explored more through the adults and led to conflict with Adam

And Randor seems to have become embittered by the effects of Keldor's coup and Adam's abduction. Like I said, it's...interesting, and there's going to be some tension between him and Teela when they meet

I have some babysitting to do today, so I'll watch the rest tonight. Where is everyone else at right now? Still binging?

Heroic Warrior
    Having just finished all 10 episodes I don't know what that reviewer is talking about. This was far better written than revelations, and the 'characters' worked a lot better. This is the first "teelas" (ram mam takes the traditional teela role in this) that haven't been totally annoying in ages. In fact I enjoyed all of the characters.
    The villains also felt a lot more dangerous. No teela takes on snake mountain single handed here.

For those who haven't watched you have to approach it like new adventures - it's a very different take. If you want a totally new take it's a really well written and enjoyable series that kind of feels old school in it's approach of just telling a rocking adventure without trying to bring in politics or deconstruct things.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still in the middle of watching it (got some extra time to view 3-5) and, yeah, this is really enjoyable. Teela continues to be ever so slightly flawed, but is largely fun and has moments where she's vulnerable. Only real criticism I have so far was the fourth episode felt rushed, and the weird choice of toilet humour in episode five.

Heroic Warrior
    5 episodes in.
    That intro song is so 'later seasons Power Rangers'.
    Villains are surprisingly villainous.
    Cringy , eye rolling banter between the 'tiger tribe family' but tolerable since few and far between.
    Battles are so very JRPG-esque with final 'meteor summoning attack moves'.
    A hint of classic Teelas and Sorceress/Eldress familial bond?
    King Randor the despotic ruler...hmm, interesting - was he always like that or a consequences of his losses?