Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: A 2nd, new Animated MOTU series is coming to Netflix

Heroic Warrior
    I have watched the first 3 episodes so far and I am loving it! I must admit, I think this series clinches for me the fact that I prefer Skeletor being Keldor and Adam's uncle more than any other Skeletor origin. It just makes things so personal, which I find pretty interesting.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I watched all 10 episodes when they dropped. This is the Keldor I have beeng wanting since 1987, not the terrible versions we have gotten from 2002 to now.

I saw the entire season this morning....and this Skeletor is absolutely HILARIOUS!
    Pretty much runs circles around Hamill-tor.
    Ben Diskin freakin' nails it.

The show in its own right is just absolutely wonderful, and now, I definitely want more.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I watched all 10 episodes when they dropped. This is the Keldor I have beeng wanting since 1987, not the terrible versions we have gotten from 2002 to now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko the Great View Post
    I saw the entire season this morning....and this Skeletor is absolutely HILARIOUS!
    Pretty much runs circles around Hamill-tor.
    Ben Diskin freakin' nails it.

The show in its own right is just absolutely wonderful, and now, I definitely want more.
    I've only watched the first three episodes... (it was hard to stop, but I want to savor it - if that makes sense) and I am loving almost everything about it!

Keldor is awesome... he is so devious and just plain evil. (I love the 'Havoc' angle!)

All I could think of when he chose the scepter because "It befits royalty." was this scene: "He chose... poorly."

The animation is beautiful! The art direction matches the character/architecture/machinery designs perfectly, and the blending of 3D and 2D elements works really well!

It's gonna be hard not to binge the rest of the series tomorrow evening!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I get to start it tongiht and based on what a lot of you have said so far, I'm extremely excited. By noon tomorrow I'll have seen the entire thing.

I have only one worry:
    that I like the series too much and decide I need to buy the toys.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I get to start it tongiht and based on what a lot of you have said so far, I'm extremely excited. By noon tomorrow I'll have seen the entire thing.

I have only one worry:
    that I like the series too much and decide I need to buy the toys.
    Thatís a risk we all take with MOTU shows. The merch.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I didn't intend to watch all 10 episodes in one sitting, but I was watching it while playing Nintendo Switch (in handheld mode), so I just kept going and then ran out of episodes.

I can't really nitpick changes too much since this is obviously a very different take on the property overall. I particularly like how the handled Ork-0. I was almost expect the wizard aspect to just not even be present since he is a robot, but that was handled well overall.

Probably the one thing that I have the most mixed feelings on is the lack of Adam (and by extension the other "Masters" that transform with him) having a secret identity. I get that in terms of how the story they are telling in terms of Adam's relationship to Keldor and Randor, it was necessary. But IMO it is a very core part of the lore that I don't like seeing changed, even in a version taking as many liberties as this one is. (I didn't like when they did this with the Netflix She-Ra show either, but I have many more issues with that show that surpass that problem). That said, it is not a deal breaker, and I plan to continue watching the show when more episodes drop.

Probably the one thing that I actually HATE about the show is the theme song. I'm very thankful for the intro skip option.

This is the Keldor I have beeng wanting since 1987, not the terrible versions we have gotten from 2002 to now.
    With the big difference being that his skin is not blue?

Sure, this version of Keldor got more screen time before becoming Skeletor. But aside from not being blue, in the broad strokes, he didn't seem to be THAT different from the 200X version in terms of his general personality traits. He's still a power-hungry villain who hates his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    With the big difference being that his skin is not blue?

Sure, this version of Keldor got more screen time before becoming Skeletor. But aside from not being blue, in the broad strokes, he didn't seem to be THAT different from the 200X version in terms of his general personality traits. He's still a power-hungry villain who hates his brother.
    The big difference being that he is the full-brother of Randor, who is a sorcerer, and whose transformation into Skeletor is a curse from his pursuit of more magical power. Not an illegitimate child who is the victim of racism from the heroic characters whose magical powers are granted to him by Hordak after splashing acid in his own face. Those characters are not on the same ball field, they are not even playing the same sport.

Watched the first 5 episodes and I LOVE this. It's different but good. It's not trying to pretend it's something that it isn't.

The villains are by far the stand outs in this series. They're great. Still not sold on the Masters but He-Man, Battle Cat, and even Orko I've really enjoyed. Hopefully I an watch the rest this coming weekend.

A detail from the panel that no one has mentioned is that
    I loved that detail. They really set up great rivalries between the good and evil characters and really gave cringer a sympathetic back story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    According to a review
    I thought that is just what the kingdom was called and the planet is still eternia?
    cogito ergo doleo

Holy crap. This cartoon is freaking awesome. My wife,son and I always watch a Disney plus show on Friday night with dinner and this has us on the edge of our seat. We did one episodeÖ.we are getting dessert and watching more.

First show we are breaking our rules for. My so. Wants the toys now!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

same, since the search for Keldor comic this is what I wanted.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I thought that is just what the kingdom was called and the planet is still eternia?
    The series specifically refers to it as

the nation of Eternos on the planet Eternia.

No Overall Netflix Top 10 (which currently has two kids cartoons in it, Cocomelon & Sharkdog) or even Netflix Kids Top 10 for the new show yet in the US which is disappointing. I thought it would at least get in the kids top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    No Overall Netflix Top 10 (which currently has two kids cartoons in it, Cocomelon & Sharkdog) or even Netflix Kids Top 10 for the new show yet in the US which is disappointing. I thought it would at least get in the kids top 10.
    Thatís a shame. Itís really good.

Iíll add, I had to search for this show. It never popped up in new releases or any category for me.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Cocomelon and Sharkdog have been on that list for a while now...

Can someone enlighten me a bit... why does Cocomelon seemingly have a permanent spot on the top 10 Netflix list???

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Can someone enlighten me a bit... why does Cocomelon seemingly have a permanent spot on the top 10 Netflix list???
    Not too familiar with the series but it seems like something that you can always have on for very young children and they don't mind watching things for a long time.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

I was really apprehensive about all the changes this show was taking , but I'm surprised how much I really enjoyed this . Keldor , despite the race swap , is still the exact same charming and manipulative keldor 200x and DC gave us , even if those version's were deeper and had stronger motivations , this version is still spiritually the same . I'm hoping krass is ram man's daughter , but overall this show is just a really Great watch . I love Adam in this , I Love his relationship with krass , there's not much I can fault with the series at all really other than it's not a visually faithful adaptation , but it IS a great show , humour and drama in all the right places , likeable character's , some jaw dropping set pieces ,all in all it's a delicious slice of motu even if the flavour isn't what I initially wanted .I hope everyone gives it a fair chance

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Babysitter show. I haven't watched it, but it looks like a safe show for younger kids where you do not need to worry about content. I've seen it available on a free streaming service as well.

The disappointing thing is I had a REALLY hard time actually actually finding it on Netflix. I then asked the person I know that works at Netflix and its not even on the publicity departments radar for promotion)

It deserves better than that.

Babysitter show. I haven't watched it, but it looks like a safe show for younger kids where you do not need to worry about content. I've seen it available on a free streaming service as well.
    Ah, that makes sense...

I truly hope that these children are also being given time to play, dance, build, draw and sing along with the hours of Cocomelon viewing.

Just finished the show. It was different but not a bad different. There are some things that I did not like, but Ram Ma'am's booty was not one of them.

I'm really wondering if season 2 will be an adaptation of the 90's He-Man?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    Wow, did not even know this already out. Came here to check on any news on Revelations release date ad pleasantly surprised to see positive reviews for this show. Now, I have to go watch this...

Watched it all Thursday and Friday. Great and fun show. Looking forward to more.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Sabine and Krass... separated at birth?