Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2nd, new Animated MOTU series is coming to Netflix

Who would love to hear Tom Kenny voice Orko?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

House of Cool in Toronto, Canada is looking for an FX Concept Artist on He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

About the FX Concept Artist

Join us in a creative & story driven environment on Masters of the Universe, a 26 episode x 22 minute action adventure
    series for Netflix.

Responsibilities

• Work with Art Director and series Directors to help define the look of the special effects in our fantastic, sci‐fi
      alien world

• Build library of effects reference to use throughout production to inform our effects

• Create detailed concept artwork to inform the visual effects for the production studio

• Opportunity to work in 2D / 3D programs to build actual effects that further inform production

• Communicate any concerns or challenges to production clearly

• Contribute to an open and positive work environment
    Last edited by Tallstar; February 26, 2020 at 03:25am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    House of Cool in Toronto, Canada is looking for an FX Concept Artist on He-Man and the Masters of the Unvierse.

About the FX Concept Artist

Join us in a creative & story driven environment on Masters of the Universe, a 26 episode x 22 minute action adventure
    series for Netflix.

Responsibilities

• Work with Art Director and series Directors to help define the look of the special effects in our fantastic, sci‐fi
      alien world

• Build library of effects reference to use throughout production to inform our effects

• Create detailed concept artwork to inform the visual effects for the production studio

• Opportunity to work in 2D / 3D programs to build actual effects that further inform production

• Communicate any concerns or challenges to production clearly

• Contribute to an open and positive work environment
    Damn - right by the water in the heart of downtown, not far from me. I wish I could work on this show!!

Ended up looking more into that company, seems like the animation will be very solid, House of Cool's helped animate for a lot of studios from the looks of it. Blue Sky seems to be the one they're a partner for the most, going by the list.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the brief description in there. Using alien world makes it sound like it'll be visually unique.

Heroic Warrior
    it looks like we are getting 26 episodes. thats cool.

Court Magician SecretoftheSword's Avatar
    26 episodes of 22min each.

Beautiful!

- - - Updated - - -

Does that mean Netflix releases all at once ?

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretoftheSword View Post
    26 episodes of 22min each.

Beautiful!

- - - Updated - - -

Does that mean Netflix releases all at once ?
    Not typically more than 6-10 of any series I've ever watched. Maybe 3 seasons of 7/6?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Nah, he seems like a way-too-obvious choice.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Not typically more than 6-10 of any series I've ever watched. Maybe 3 seasons of 7/6?
    New She-Ra has had two "seasons" of 13 third-of-an-hour-long episodes each (and expectably the last "season" will be 13 episodes as well, given the "experiment" with splitting the second 13-episode arc into two "seasons" of 6 and 7 episodes didn't seem to be very well received neither by the audience nor by the creative team).

So I think it's perfectly possible that the new CGI series might get two 13-episode "seasons" too. Although New She-Ra had an initial (and so far only) order for 52 episodes, as compared to the 26 ordered for the CGI series.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I’m definitely looking forward to the Kevin Smith series, and the movie, but THIS series is what I’m really anticipating as it represents the future of the brand. It’s a re-imagining of Masters aimed at a younger audience. It’s this series that stands the best chance of striking a chord with a new audience.

These are the character designs I’m most curious about, Ana well as the toy line I want to see. I’m hope we get something from the creative team at Power Con.

Just some random thoughts.

For me there's a chance this new series could be a continuation of the story rather a reimagining.
    some hints in the sinopsis:

“On the planet of Eternia, a young lost prince discovers the powers of Grayskull and transforms into He-Man, Master of the Universe! The classic battle between He-Man and evil Skeletor rages to new heights as both hero and villain forge new and mighty teams.
    A new generation of heroes fighting for the fate of us all . In the end, who will become Master of the Universe?”
    It recall me alot the "He-Ro son of He-Man" project ,similar sinopsis.
    Ok there is not a "He-ro" but perhaps "He-Man" is a title and this is another He-Man.

It also when they mention the classics heroic warrios who could be appears in the show ,they don't mention Teela ,perhaps due to she's the new Sorceress and we will see that in Revelation and this new CGI show is the sequel of Revelation and ... haha my mind is flying too much but for some reason Revelation and this show share the same logo

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    For me there's a chance this new series could be a continuation of the story rather a reimagining.
    The initial PR pretty clearly states, "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe wage a new battle against Skeletor in a reimagined take on the classic franchise."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    I’m definitely looking forward to the Kevin Smith series, and the movie, but THIS series is what I’m really anticipating as it represents the future of the brand. It’s a re-imagining of Masters aimed at a younger audience. It’s this series that stands the best chance of striking a chord with a new audience.

These are the character designs I’m most curious about, Ana well as the toy line I want to see. I’m hope we get something from the creative team at Power Con.

Just some random thoughts.
    I feel the same way

Also curious about the new designs!

I think Revelation will come first... but He-man and the MOTU could also have similarities with the new movie, because it‘s also a new Interpretation...

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    but for some reason Revelation and this show share the same logo
    Logo use isn't an indicator. After Classics came out, all merch and even DC Comics used the same logo. BUT DC Comics were very obviously a different iteration/canon from Classics story.

Even the Dark Horse books use "Classics MOTU logo" and books like "Animated Guide..." have no connection to Classics.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    The initial PR pretty clearly states, "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe wage a new battle against Skeletor in a reimagined take on the classic franchise."
    Yes ,the articles says things ,we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Logo use isn't an indicator. After Classics came out, all merch and even DC Comics used the same logo. BUT DC Comics were very obviously a different iteration/canon from Classics story.

Even the Dark Horse books use "Classics MOTU logo" and books like "Animated Guide..." have no connection to Classics.
    Yes, it is correct but in this case is different ,this logo only was seen in Revelation and the cgi series ( and the movie?) which lends itself to think it's a shared universe.

Heroic Warrior
    26 episodes means Netflix could be splitting them into 3 or 4 seasons right there.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Warrior
    I was flipping through the art book, and I think some of the future project stuff is meant for this. Specifically, there are two fully colored pieces of concept art featuring Skeletor and Beast Man, which seem to line up with the style of the two posters we've seen. They also fall into the category of kid scary, as in they aren't too scary, but they're scary enough to look cool and bad for the kids.

These are on like the last two pages. Skeletor's the bottom one with the huge havoc staff and gauntlets, and Beast Man's above the weird body horror Trap Jaw.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Skeletor looks really toyetic and chunky, which seems like a good fit for a kids show that will likely have a toyline.

- - - Updated - - -

I took a look at the brightened poster, the skull is exactly the same shape.

Heroic Warrior
    I don´t think this will crossover with She-Ra and the Princesses of Power but now that this show is done. We can ask the producers for this CGI Animated show to introduce the original She-Ra into the story like it was planned to happen on He-Man 2002 season 3. So, fans of the original can get everything they want. He-Man and She-Ra, the most powerful twins of the universe together blasting evil away. It would be amazin!We should petition that!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadobr View Post
    I don´t think this will crossover with She-Ra and the Princesses of Power but now that this show is done. We can ask the producers for this CGI Animated show to introduce the original She-Ra into the story like it was planned to happen on He-Man 2002 season 3. So, fans of the original can get everything they want. He-Man and She-Ra, the most powerful twins of the universe together blasting evil away. It would be amazin!We should petition that!
    It won't/can't happen. She-Ra is a DreamWorks property, while He-Man is a Mattel Television property. As weird and sad as it is, MOTU and POP are two different licenses.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    It won't/can't happen. She-Ra is a DreamWorks property, while He-Man is a Mattel Television property. As weird and sad as it is, MOTU and POP are two different licenses.
    They are technically separate licenses, but the licensor is the same company, so they can appear together if the licensee options both. The parent company has no interest in keeping them separate outside of being able to charge a separate licensing fee for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    NBCUniversal holds the entertainment rights to Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power. NBCUniversal is also the parent company of DreamWorks Animation, which produces She-Ra and the Princesses of Power for Netflix; and House of Cool, which is producing the upcoming He-Man and the Masters of the Universe for Netflix, is itself a client of DreamWorks Animation.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    They are technically separate licenses, but the licensor is the same company, so they can appear together if the licensee options both. The parent company has no interest in keeping them separate outside of being able to charge a separate licensing fee for each.
    so theres a chance that Adora or any on the POP characters could make an appearance if a fee is paid? sweet!

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    so theres a chance that Adora or any on the POP characters could make an appearance if a fee is paid? sweet!
    Technically yes.

But it also comes down to the creators wanting to use She-Ra and pay for it.

For example in DC Comics 2012-2016 storyarc they got She-Ra to be used in the story.

But all crossover and Multiverse comics from DC since 2017-2020 have not used She-Ra at all. Instead focusing on He-Man.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Technically yes.

But it also comes down to the creators wanting to use She-Ra and pay for it.

For example in DC Comics 2012-2016 storyarc they got She-Ra to be used in the story.

But all crossover and Multiverse comics from DC since 2017-2020 have not used She-Ra at all. Instead focusing on He-Man.
    considering the success of the She-Ra show, im sure that'll happen. i wouldn't mind if it was only an episode or two.

Court Magician
    I believe that if She-Ra appears on this TV show, it will not be the same She-Ra of the animation that has on Netflix.