Thread: The light hemisphere vs the dark hemisphere question

The light hemisphere vs the dark hemisphere question

I know that Eternia has a light hemisphere where the heroic warriors dwell and the dark hemisphere where the evil warriors are in snake mountain. I know the story behind it, Hordak’s spell.

But to my question, does the sun ever set in the light hemisphere where He Man and the castles are? Do they experience night? It seems snake mountain is also in a state of eternal night.

I read somewhere that Eternia is actually smaller than earth in size.

How do you feel about the map of Eternia compared to Middle-Earth?

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar
    The light hemisphere of Eternia does experience night. So when it's night there it's night across all Eternia, the Dark Hemisphere is in a perpetual night state.

I don't know where it was stated that Eternia is smaller than Earth but the UK Comics actually once stated that Eternia is slightly larger than Earth, although the UK Comics of course followed a different continuity from the cartoons and did not include the concept of the light and dark sides of Eternia.
    Last edited by Mosquitor; January 12, 2020 at 01:41pm.
    http://www.motuukcomics.co.uk

The Masters of the Universe/She-Ra UK Comics Fan Site!

Thanks! I appreciate it

I imagine the map of middle earth is ten times more detailed than eternia . Also I never ever considered comparing those two . I would think a map of Third Earth would be a fairer comparison .

If there is night on the light side and it is always dark on the other half, where does the sun go when it is night on the light side? Does the sun have a dark and a light side?
    Load the spaceships with the rocket fuel!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    The light hemisphere of Eternia does experience night. So when it;s night there it's night across all Eternia, the Dark Hemisphere is in a perpetual night state.

I don't know where it was stated that Eternia is smaller than Earth but the UK Comics actually once stated that Eternia is slightly larger than Earth, although the UK Comics of course followed a different continuity from te cartoons and did not include the concept of the light and dark sides of Eternia.
    Smaller makes a lot more sense. Most of the time He-man is traveling to all the major landmarks via large Tiger...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro Eats Soup View Post
    If there is night on the light side and it is always dark on the other half, where does the sun go when it is night on the light side? Does the sun have a dark and a light side?
    If the dark hemisphere is simply shrouded in darkness the sun could technically go there and simply not manage to penetrate said shroud?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Smaller makes a lot more sense. Most of the time He-man is traveling to all the major landmarks via large Tiger...
    A Greyskull Juiced up tiger that can probably run like the Flash if it chose to .

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    A Greyskull Juiced up tiger that can probably run like the Flash if it chose to .
    Ehhhh… That pushes my limits of belief. I'm a big believer that actually doing a 'light and dark hemisphere' was a stupid move. Throw it all on decent sized continent or even a 'country' is fine. Have a few other 'farther' places if you want to expand the world, but the core of the series... Eternos palace, Castle Grayskull, and Snake Mountain... they just gotta be close enough that it doesn't take 'days' of traveling. Heck, the maps I've seen of Eternia would have required every single episode to include a Lord of the Rings style journey.

Even if you go with 'super speed tiger'... which is too much for me. Big, Strong, Powerful... for sure, but running hundreds of miles an hour in a blink of an eye... that just gets silly.... but even if you DO accept that, What about the Battle Rams and Rotons? Stratos' Jetpack? Buzz Off's wings? You can't tell me that Attak Trak was a FAST vehicle or Battle Bones...

I actually think Middle-Earth is a good example of a fantasy world. We don't need EVERYTHING... just the small part of the world we're telling a story about.