Thread: Pictures of vintage carded foreign figures still never surfaced online?

Pictures of vintage carded foreign figures still never surfaced online?

Often I wonder why so many foreign vintage carded figures still haven't surfaced on the web, on sale or just pictured somewhere.
    Of course I have the answer: they are just pretty rares.

By example: I just never seen a Skeletor on european double logo card "soft head" made in Taiwan.
    The only one Skeletor on european card made in Taiwan which surfaces again and again is the unilogo one (8_back or picture back), why?
    In my logic Skeletor made in Taiwan on double logo card is suposed to be less rare because issued later but...nothing...
    I know he is existing because as you know probably most Yellow border french cards are just "cloned" from the regular european cards and Skeletor double logo is from the one I am speaking (the backcard is proving it, it is not the backcard of the China/HK hard head reissues).
    But... nothing... this double logo card made in taiwan Skeletor is just a riddle.

Excepted if one of You owns one and would be able to finally share a photo (please? lol)

So, here is a list of other foreign carded figures that I personally never seen (and 99% sure are existing):

European regular cards:

- Tri-Klops on european unilogo card
    - Evil-Lyn on european unilogo card
    - Mekaneck on european unilogo card
    - Faker on european unilogo card
    - He-Man on european unilogo card (picture back)
    - Stratos on european unilogo card (picture back)(EDIT: picture found)
    - Faker on double logo card made in Taiwan
    - Sy-Klone on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Fisto on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Webstor on european double logo card with "New" logos (EDIT: picture found)
    - Two-Bad on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Hordak on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Leech on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Mantenna on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Modulok in european double logo boxe with "New" logos

Canadian cards/boxes:

- He-Man picture back
    - Skeletor picture back
    - Faker/Le faussaire picture back
    - Faker hard head "He's Back" hard head
    - Playset Eternia
    Most of Gift Sets as He-Man/Wind Raider, Terror Claws/Flying Fists, Battle Armor Heroic Warriors etc

French cards cards:

- Spikor yellow border (regular)
    - Teela "la déesse" yellow border
    - Teela "full french" card
    - Stratos "full french" card
    - Man-At-Arms "full french" card
    - He-Man unilogo EU 8_back "no yellow border"

Leo India:

- Faker on blue card.
    - European double logo cards (only Whiplash surfaced)

Of course the list is longer, but here are the ones I really need to see.

This thread can be used to add gradually the foreign cards that you also need to discover, just add also your list and by chance maybe few of Us can find and share pictures of few of them.
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; January 6, 2020 at 01:56am.

That looks complicated to me, though.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Often I wonder why so many foreign vintage carded figures still haven't surfaced on the web, on sale or just pictured somewhere.
    Of course I have the answer: they are just pretty rares.

By example: I just never seen a Skeletor on european double logo card "soft head" made in Taiwan.
    The only one Skeletor on european card made in Taiwan which surfaces again and again is the unilogo one (8_back or picture back), why?
    In my logic Skeletor made in Taiwan on double logo card is suposed to be less rare because issued later but...nothing...
    I know he is existing because as you know probably most Yellow border french cards are just "cloned" from the regular european cards and Skeletor double logo is from the one I am speaking (the backcard is proving it, it is not the backcard of the China/HK hard head reissues).
    But... nothing... this double logo card made in taiwan Skeletor is just a riddle.

Excepted if one of You owns one and would be able to finally share a photo (please? lol)

So, here is a list of other foreign carded figures that I personally never seen (and 99% sure are existing):

European regular cards:

- Tri-Klops on european unilogo card
    - Evil-Lyn on european unilogo card
    - Mekaneck on european unilogo card
    - Faker on european unilogo card
    - He-Man on european unilogo card (picture back)
    - Stratos on european unilogo card (picture back)
    - Faker on double logo card made in Taiwan
    - Sy-Klone on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Fisto on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Webstor on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Two-Bad on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Hordak on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Leech on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Mantenna on european double logo card with "New" logos
    - Modulok in european double logo boxe with "New" logos

Canadian cards/boxes:

- He-Man picture back
    - Skeletor picture back
    - Faker/Le faussaire picture back
    - Faker hard head "He's Back" hard head
    - Playset Eternia
    Most of Gift Sets as He-Man/Wind Raider, Terror Claws/Flying Fists, Battle Armor Heroic Warriors etc

French cards cards:

- Spikor yellow border (regular)
    - Teela "la déesse" yellow border
    - Teela "full french" card
    - Stratos "full french" card
    - Man-At-Arms "full french" card
    - He-Man unilogo EU 8_back "no yellow border"

Leo India:

- Faker on blue card.
    - European double logo cards (only Whiplash surfaced)

Of course the list is longer, but here are the ones I really need to see.

This thread can be used to add gradually the foreign cards that you also need to discover, just add also your list and by chance maybe few of Us can find and share pictures of few of them.
    Hey Johnny,

nice to read you and seeing you opened a really nice Topic :-)

Regarding the Soft Head Skeletor on Double Logo Card, it has to be out there. I have a Unilogo Skeletor made in Hongkong! Also written Hongkong of the backcard. So if this exists, there also has to be the Soft Head on double Logo Card. Some years ago there was a Double Logo Skeletor on Ebay.uk with Soft Head, but there was a spanish Figure with spanish Comic and made in spain on the backcard. In my opinion another proof that it does exist out there.

From your list I can confirm this one:

Stratos on european unilogo card (picture back)

I had this in my collection. Picture can be provided, no Problem.

This one was on ebay.it some years ago, have to check if I have the Pictures anywhere:

Webstor on european double logo card with "New" logos.

I have tracked down a lot of Cards/boxes the last years, which I never have seen before. Not only EU but also US.
    I will Show them also later on.

cheers

Mauro
    FIGURE twists for a power punch!

Perfect Deals: [email protected], Sathomaso, [email protected], French Kiki, King Ironic, SimonF, TIRPITZ, Ess7477,

Thanks for your answer guys

Mauro I now remember about the Webstor double logo with new logos, it was an opened card and the same seller listed a Prince Adam double logo also with new logos right?
    When I saw this Prince Adam I was totally shocked I never imagined that it existed... So, I forgot this Webstor lol

About Stratos Unilogo picture back someone talked to me in private about it, yes a picture of the backcard would be great please.
    Concerning Unilogo first wave on picture back cards, we seen all the figures excepted He-Man right?

I have also seen the Spanish double logo Skeletor when it was on auctions, the card is marked 1988 but is using the same visual backcard than the french double logo yellow border from 85/86, yes for me it is also an other proof.

I am pretty sure that Mattel lost the Skeletor double logo Taiwan prototype card during the year 84 and it is probably why most of the Skeletor figures were reissued on unilogo cards before to remake the double logo HK/China one.
    Just a theory but it is so strange that He-Man did not have the same treatment.

Curious to see the US "never seen before" you found, if you can also post few things please.

Thanks for your answer guys

Mauro I now remember about the Webstor double logo with new logos, it was an opened card and the same seller listed a Prince Adam double logo also with new logos right?
    When I saw this Prince Adam I was totally shocked I never imagined that it existed... So, I forgot this Webstor lol

About Stratos Unilogo picture back someone talked to me in private about it, yes a picture of the backcard would be great please.
    Concerning Unilogo first wave on picture back cards, we seen all the figures excepted He-Man right?

I have also seen the Spanish double logo Skeletor when it was on auctions, the card is marked 1988 but is using the same visual backcard than the french double logo yellow border from 85/86, yes for me it is also an other proof.

I am pretty sure that Mattel lost the Skeletor double logo Taiwan prototype card during the year 84 and it is probably why most of the Skeletor figures were reissued on unilogo cards before to remake the double logo HK/China one.
    Just a theory but it is so strange that He-Man did not have the same treatment.

Curious to see the US "never seen before" you found, if you can also post few things please.
    Yes absolutely correct regarding the Webstor with NEW logo. The seller who had the Adam with new logo. I have found the Picture

Regarding the Unilogo Picture back, we are also missing Man At Arms. I have only seen him with 8back on Taiwan Unilogo Card.

I have found a really rare and hard to find US Adam made in Malaysia with 1985 Cardback. The packaged figure is the 'Soft Head' Version instead of the one with Glossy Face. See below Pictures.

Thats the only one I have ever seen so far in more than 15 Years of collecting.

The Other 'US' Figure I found is Battle Cat in 8Back Box. The weird part is, that the Box is Made in France with a Punch tab like the French 'Feroce' Battle cat has. The packaged battle cat is made in France. Check the Pictures.

Have you ever seen this Version? And have you ever seen a Panthor made in France with Punch in cardboard?

- - - Updated - - -

And here the picture of Hong Kong skeletor on unilogo cardback

Last edited by Facelessone; January 5, 2020 at 05:13am. Reason: added information

Perfect Deals: [email protected], Sathomaso, [email protected], French Kiki, King Ironic, SimonF, TIRPITZ, Ess7477,

Very interesting Mauro, thanks for the pictures.

I never paid attention on the US battle cat boxe made in France before, I have no idea if you already seen it but here is the early Battle Cat made in France version with the logo "TV" on the front, probably made at the same time than your US version:

Have you already seen a BC unilogo boxed made in France?
    Mattel France did the unilogo 8_back cards for He-Man and Skeletor (Yellow border and "no yellow border") instead of the the unilogo BC version they probably used the US boxe to release it for the distribution on other countries, I can only see that to justify the existence of your US boxe.

Panthor made in France with punch is existing, here is an example:

About Man-At-Arms unilogo picture back I had in my memory to have already crossed it but after reflexion I am not 100% sure, I have to check if I kept a picture somewhere.

Yes I know this version and I share your thoughts on your theory on this.

The shown panthor is mine, I am #he_man_treasures on IG ��

Regarding MAA I have never seen one.

Below the pictures of unilogo picture back Stratos

Funny, I had no idea that You was @he_man_treasures lol

Thanks a lot for the Stratos pictures.

Your PM boxe is full Mauro

You're welcome mate.

Made some space again

the really really realllllllllllly hard to find figure is the US carded 1985 original Skeletor, Made in CHINA. hard head version
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    the really really realllllllllllly hard to find figure is the US carded 1985 original Skeletor, Made in CHINA. hard head version
    Made in China or Hong Kong?

About US carded figures, an other one pretty rare:
    - He-Man made in USA, I think I just never seen one carded.

Made in China or Hong Kong?

About US carded figures, an other one pretty rare:
    - He-Man made in USA, I think I just never seen one carded.
    original skeletor made in CHINA tok.. the usa carded one is impossible to find.. if you find it, sell to me

he-man made in USA, i think i saw one years ago. someone here on the org might have posted a pic i think
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!