Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Season 5 on May 15th

Can someone explain if we're supposed to know what the threat to the ancient people was, what were they aiming their weapon at? I missed that and the details are vague in my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    Can someone explain if we're supposed to know what the threat to the ancient people was, what were they aiming their weapon at? I missed that and the details are vague in my memory.
    They only refer to the threat as the First ones enemies. Its in my opinion since they used Mara from the New Adventures of He-Man series that it was targeting the Mutants and all threats to Primus. Which with the way Light Hope was talking, would have been thousands of worlds. That is assuming Mara was from there, but she could have just been used as an Easter egg visual/name drop.
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    I can't wait for the 5-season DVD box set! Wil it happen? It has to!
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    They only refer to the threat as the First ones enemies. Its in my opinion since they used Mara from the New Adventures of He-Man series that it was targeting the Mutants and all threats to Primus. Which with the way Light Hope was talking, would have been thousands of worlds. That is assuming Mara was from there, but she could have just been used as an Easter egg visual/name drop.
    Thank you. I really hope it gets resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Nobody here is putting out any solid argument that it's good either, so there's no difference in either side of the discussion

The D&D episode showed us that no matter what, they were just going to keep doing the exact same thing that they had been doing since the first episode and it will simply work out. Why? Because the writers say so, flat and lazy writing. Glimmer is doing the exact same thing as we heard about and saw her do in the first episode, all the way up to the last episode and that's not going to change in these next batch. Bow occasionally seems to have a character development, but it's only used as a plot device for the one scene, he's still the same idiot we got to see him as in his first scene "WHAT?!?". Adora, does same thing with Catra in every interaction, runs off after her, which usually leads to the others getting in trouble or seriously hurt. Shadow Weaver... well, she definitely doesn't have any development, the situation she's placed in may have changed, but that's not her changing. Catra is the same bully, user and opportunist from the first episode until this last. Swift Wind, he's just there for comic relief, unlike Kowl or Madam Razz, they do consistently help, this Swift Wind character does virtually nothing useful and could be written out altogether, better off just turning him into glue! Entrapta does have some development as a character, but the writers generally just return her to the one note and I don't expect to see anything change in the next batch of episodes. Hordak... a waste of space, who Catra defeats in the exact sameway, twice. Frosta, Nettossa, Castaspella, Spinnerella, Sea Hawk, Mermista and Perfuma can all be written out of the show very easily and it would make the show much better. Let me put it this way, there was more character development coming from Kyle, Lonny and Rohelio... or however you spell his name, than every single character in this entire show combined, and they are hardly in it. Any group of idiots could have produced this show, could drag a bunch of people off the street and do as good a job or better, it's no wonder they had to send in Chuck to bring some oder to Noelle's mess!

So by your reasoning the Original show was also trash, because literally it's the same solution every episode with no character development? the Horde does a thing, Adora transforms into She-Ra, She-Ra solves the thing, the status quo is returned to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    You have either not watched the show, or did not pay attention, because nearly everything in this post is demonstrably false. Every character you cite as having no development has had season and multi-season arcs.
    Word.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...