Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Season 5 on May 15th

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

This is an issue with on rather inconsistent aspect of the visual design and it honestly would have been very impressive if it wasn't so inconsistently applied.

Adora, Bow, Glimmer and Catra or subtlety age as the show goes (in keeping with the statement of the show taking place over a few years), but they seem to be the only ones they really put the effort into doing it with.

Everyone else pretty much looks the same throughout, which especially erroneous with the Frosta since should have logically changed the most in that regard.

I just wish the rest of Dreamworks She-Ra would become available on DVD. I love Netflix, but I still want the remaining episodes on DVD. I love complete sets.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

She-Ra Gets a Shout-Out at the Tokyo Olympics

https://www.cbr.com/she-ra-gets-a-sh...okyo-olympics/

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I just wish the rest of Dreamworks She-Ra would become available on DVD. I love Netflix, but I still want the remaining episodes on DVD. I love complete sets.
    You spelled "Blu-ray" wrong.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Fans got SHERA MOVIE to trend today.

sheramoviemarch14.jpg

Why would they a make movie ? The Story is complete no loose ends to tie up . More importantly there is no money to be made .

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Her portrayal of black people (esp men) is insulting, and she basically relegated black women to be as minor as possible so, yeah, they still need help with that diversity aspect. sorry.
    Why do you say that? As a Black man, I thought Bow and his dads were done very well. You slightly have a point with Black women, but then again I thought Mermista was Black (or Afro-Latin-Pacific Islander).

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    For that matter i dont believe Entrapta fits the definition of Autism .
    In a tweet, Stevenson confirmed Entrapta to be on the autism spectrum: "Yes, we wrote her that way. One of our crewmembers [Samuel Szymanski] was on the spectrum and related to her specifically, and had a huge part in shaping her story and character!"

Entrapta_autistic.jpg

Agreed. When they're all released, I will quickly buy them.

I have DVD and Blu-Ray, but I only remember to say DVD, I don't know why.
    Same here. "DVD" is easier to type or say as a catch-all than "Blu-Ray" or "physical media."

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Knight View Post
    I'm 100% behind a 6th season of She-Ra. And more toys of course!
    Although the 5th season feels pretty final and a great ending to the story, I have faith in the creators that they could do a 6th season that doesn't feel like a cash-grab.

Considering toys...

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I'm pretty sure they do. They just tend to go for more collector centric stuff. I doubt they would be interested in the kind of figures you sell to kids, but if they partnered up with a company like Bandai or Goodsmile and got some SH Figuarts or Figma's made, then I think the audience of this show would eat it up.
    ... yeah, I don't collect action figures, but I do collect statues. If the license holders would allow Tweeterhead to do POP with their realistic MOTU statues, I would be all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Why do you say that? As a Black man, I thought Bow and his dads were done very well. You slightly have a point with Black women, but then again I thought Mermista was Black (or Afro-Latin-Pacific Islander).

In a tweet, Stevenson confirmed Entrapta to be on the autism spectrum: "Yes, we wrote her that way. One of our crewmembers [Samuel Szymanski] was on the spectrum and related to her specifically, and had a huge part in shaping her story and character!"

Entrapta_autistic.jpg

Agreed. When they're all released, I will quickly buy them.

Same here. "DVD" is easier to type or say as a catch-all than "Blu-Ray" or "physical media."

Although the 5th season feels pretty final and a great ending to the story, I have faith in the creators that they could do a 6th season that doesn't feel like a cash-grab.

Considering toys...

... yeah, I don't collect action figures, but I do collect statues. If the license holders would allow Tweeterhead to do POP with their realistic MOTU statues, I would be all over that.
    Totally agree with everything you say!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

JK Rowling confirmed Dumbledore was gay . Same problem i see no hint of that when i watch the movies . I wont label any genius that can McGyver themselves out of any situation as being on a spectrum . If you sit in your lab and invent robots all day . That will negatively affect your social skills .

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    JK Rowling confirmed Dumbledore was gay . Same problem i see no hint of that when i watch the movies . I wont label any genius that can McGyver themselves out of any situation as being on a spectrum . If you sit in your lab and invent robots all day . That will negatively affect your social skills .
    No offense but as someone who has autism I'm pretty sure I know and recognise the signs of it more than you do and I can say that she does showcase a lot of signs of autism.

Noelle Stevenson accepts the GLAAD Media Award for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Tied with Hulu's "First Day"):

https://twitter.com/glaad/status/1379850206846541826

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Noelle Stevenson accepts the GLAAD Media Award for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Tied with Hulu's "First Day"):

Very cool and well deserved!

Master of New Adventures!
    Absolutely deserved. For my money Noelle should get an Emmy. She's done an amazing job on the series and anyone who thinks otherwise should try to produce a television series sometime. To produce a series requires the talents of countless highly skilled individuals, all shepherded and inspired by a leader. And that's precisely what Noelle is.

Sincere kudos to her for a tremendous accomplishment and for getting a small part of the recognition she so richly deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Absolutely deserved. For my money Noelle should get an Emmy. She's done an amazing job on the series and anyone who thinks otherwise should try to produce a television series sometime. To produce a series requires the talents of countless highly skilled individuals, all shepherded and inspired by a leader. And that's precisely what Noelle is.

Sincere kudos to her for a tremendous accomplishment and for getting a small part of the recognition she so richly deserves.
    I absolutely agree with everything you've just said.

Widget
    Whoa that's awesome!

Please put the rest of SPOP on DVD!

Please put the rest of SPOP on DVD!
    Hear, hear!!! Let's see this happen, I'm ready to buy!

Tweeterhead Statue Want List: Tung Lasher, Rattlor, He-Man, Battle Cat, Panthor, Buzz Off, Webstor, Sorceress, She-Ra, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

anyone who thinks otherwise should try to produce a television series sometime.
    LOL, sorry, no. Anyone is allowed to critique anything.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Uh? I thought it was obvious Mermista is supposed to be “South Asian”. Not only her skintone and hairstyle look like it, she also wore a kind of fashion sari at the Princess Prom.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Uh? I thought it was obvious Mermista is supposed to be “South Asian”. Not only her skintone and hairstyle look like it, she also wore a kind of fashion sari at the Princess Prom.
    Am I the weird one for just thinking of them as people?
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/19/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Am I the weird one for just thinking of them as people?
    They are not people , they are aliens . XD

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar

I hope you're being sarcastic. That narcissist deserves no such award.
    http://www.motuukcomics.co.uk

The Masters of the Universe/She-Ra UK Comics Fan Site!