Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 5 on May 15th

Heroic Warrior
    I hope there is a season 5 and I hope its the last. It would be sad for the show to end on a cliffhanger. I hope its the last because Im not liking this show. I really wanted to know Adoraīs origins, who are her parents and I think we will never know that. I kept watching just because of that. As the show progressed and I noticed they kept avoiding the subject because Noelle Stevenson wanted to exclude He-Man from the narrative I got more and more disappointed. Well, it serves her well, because now people will get a He-Man overdose. Itīs just sad because at the end of everything she gets her paycheck but She-ra fans donīt get exactly what they wanted but He-Man fans do. Oh well, maybe in another 30 years. I hope I will live enough to see it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadobr View Post
    I hope there is a season 5 and I hope its the last. It would be sad for the show to end on a cliffhanger. I hope its the last because Im not liking this show. I really wanted to know Adoraīs origins, who are her parents and I think we will never know that. I kept watching just because of that. As the show progressed and I noticed they kept avoiding the subject because Noelle Stevenson wanted to exclude He-Man from the narrative I got more and more disappointed. Well, it serves her well, because now people will get a He-Man overdose. Itīs just sad because at the end of everything she gets her paycheck but She-ra fans donīt get exactly what they wanted but He-Man fans do. Oh well, maybe in another 30 years. I hope I will live enough to see it.
    She didn't want to exclude him. She couldn't legally include him. The licensing rights for POP and MOTU are really messy.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadobr View Post
    If you're only watching for lip-service to the original, I'm surprised you made it this far. Though they have mentioned Eternia and Grayskull and Mara is from New Adventures of He-Man, so I'm hopeful we may get mention of him and Marlena and Randor. Either way I'm interested to see how they wrap it all up. All in all I dug this incarnation of She-Ra.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Season 5 news is coming soon!

DreamWorksSheRa: "We don't have any news on #SheRa season 5... but @EW might in a few minutes..."

--------------------

Entertainment Weekly: Exclusive: She-Ra showrunner Noelle Stevenson reveals season 5 will be its last

"The fifth and final season of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power hits Netflix on May 15"

More at the link...

https://ew.com/tv/she-ra-netflix-season-5-final-season/
    Last edited by Tallstar; March 17, 2020 at 12:14pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Sad to see it go but excited for more He-Man... and who knows what the future holds for She-Ra 9352200acc9421de54787a4442c5d811.jpgf657eba7ad1571663ed0bdca95833df8.jpg
    Here are the posters for anyone who hasn't seen them yet.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Heroic Warrior

Season 5 release date: may 15th

Just saw it. I could Jump

See here:
    https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...date-announced

I'm heartbroken to see it end, but I'm so thrilled that we had a new She-Ra series at all. I think part of what made the writing so good was that there was an arc in mind and something to build towards. Really over the last decade or so, the shift from episodic to serialized storytelling has made for some really excellent narrative.

I'm also so grateful that I was able to introduce my ex's 10 year-old to the series. How great that these characters can stay relevant for a new generation.

Can't wait for the season to drop.

Heroic Warrior
    The new She-Ra should've been a 4-season series, but either Netflix, DreamWorks, or Noelle and her team 'bought' an extra 'year' of content by splitting the second batch of ordered episodes in half across two different releases.

It's definitely sad to see it ending, but, as they say, "All Good Things Must Come to an End", and it's nice that Noelle and Co. never had to worry about whether or not they'd actually get to finish their story.

It's sad that this is the final season, but I would rather have a complete story than have it drag on and on and lose it's charm. What they have already is a great show, I'm just hoping that it finishes on a great conclusion, with some closure for the series. I did not expect the direction that the characters were taken in and I love the series for it.

Master of New Adventures!
    I understand. But take some solace from its having produced and aired enough episodes that it will live forever in rebroadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by rank_and_vile View Post
    I'm heartbroken to see it end, but I'm so thrilled that we had a new She-Ra series at all. I think part of what made the writing so good was that there was an arc in mind and something to build towards. Really over the last decade or so, the shift from episodic to serialized storytelling has made for some really excellent narrative.

I'm also so grateful that I was able to introduce my ex's 10 year-old to the series. How great that these characters can stay relevant for a new generation.

Can't wait for the season to drop.

I have my fingers crossed that the new He-Man Netflix cartoons both have this sort of idea in play- that they have a full, complete story to tell so that all episodes aired form part of a bigger story the way this new She-Ra has done so expertly.
    The fact that 200X MOTU got cut short with so many things up in the air still stings. The same with the 2011 (was that the year?) Thundercats reboot.
    And while I do love (most of) Filmation, there was a lot of filler there due to the nature of how both shows were produced and broadcast back in the day.
    Heck, even New Adventures had arcs and for the most part, an ending that feels somewhat complete.
    Even if there are stand-alone "villain of the week" sort of episodes sprinkled in, I imagine the new Netflix MOTU series will feel like they have a beginning, middle and an end thanks to how streaming has changed things up.
    Can't wait to see how things get wrapped up on She-Ra, and if Adora will have a chance to meet her family and discover her origins, or if she'll decide that Etheria and her friends are "home" now and her mysterious origins don't define who she is. I'm not expecting He-Man/Adam to appear at all at this point, but I do figure some sort of explanation/backstory about Eternia and why she calls upon Grayskull is going to come into play.

May the 15th... OK, so at last we have the release date for the final segment season 2! I cannot wait!!
    Demand quality.

Heroic Warrior
    It's a shame that She-Ra and the Princesses of Power is coming to an end.

Especially when the last season concluded by opening up a whole new universe of storytelling potential and there seems to be so very many story threads and ideas which won't get much or any screen time in the final season. Not to mention various "classic" characters and storylines which don't seem likely to be reinvented / reinterpreted (e.g. Angella vs. Hunga).

But, it's heartening to hear that it's all part of Noelle Stevenson's original plan.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm super hyped. I absolutely adore this show, and I can't wait, but I'll miss it. But at least it gets to run its course. Who knows, this might not be the last we'll see of these characters. I mean, 200X recently got a conclusion in the form of Masters of the Multiverse.

Also, idk how I didn't pick up that Mara was supposed to be the New Adventures character. Now I really want a prequel series about her and the other First Ones.

I have to wonder how the season will be structured.

All the other seasons (when accounting for the ones that got split in half), had their first half mostly consist of lighthearted episodic stuff, with the plot as a background element and the second half consist of darker more dramatic arc based episodes.

Obviously with the way season 4 ended, season 5 won't be able to go down that route.

I'm hyped. The cliffhanger from last season has been weighing too heavily on my mind. I must know what has become of Etheria now that it is returned to the universe proper.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait! Glad that She-Ra will get to tell a complete story. Here's hoping the new He-Man cartoons are structured that way too and get an ending.

I'm glad to know when I can finally be done with this show and close this chapter. So many things were wrong with this show and yet a number of things was good.

Heroic Warrior
    Season 5? Ending? LOL I just got around checking out Season 2 Episode 1, as this cartoon was not my demo.

Got to say I am so thrilled this abomination of a show is dead. Now if they will just kill the new Kevin Smith He-Man cartoon I can die in peace.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltor View Post
    Got to say I am so thrilled this abomination of a show is dead. Now if they will just kill the new Kevin Smith He-Man cartoon I can die in peace.
    Dead? It got its five full seasons and has an actual resolution to its plot! “Over,” sure, soon... but not “dead.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Or you could just choose not to watch it or follow it at all, and let those of us who are into it, enjoy it.

Is Mattel still producing figures for this show? I never see them at Target.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Now if they will just kill the new Kevin Smith He-Man cartoon I can die in peace.
    Why are you so vexed about a show that no one has seen a single frame of animation from?

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Sucks that we're only getting four... sorry, "five" seasons, but at least they get to give it a proper ending, unlike ThunderCats 2011. A complete series Blu-ray box set will help ease the pain for me (hint hint, Netflix).

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Why are you so vexed about a show that no one has seen a single frame of animation from?
    Because some children can't stand the thought of someone else playing with their toys.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon