Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 338

Thread: Season 5 on May 15th

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    Dead? It got its five full seasons and has an actual resolution to its plot! “Over,” sure, soon... but not “dead.”
    Two! Two full seasons of 26 episodes each! Remember, the show was simply split into 5 parts so they could drag its release out for longer and there are no plans for the show to continue beyond the 52 episodes produced back in 2018, so it's definitely dead.

    Also would be nice if they could finally reveal a story for this show at the end, the 'throw everything against the wall and see what sticks' approach has left everything a confusing mess with no clear narrative.
    Demand quality.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Two! Two full seasons of 26 episodes each! Remember, the show was simply split into 5 parts so they could drag its release out for longer and there are no plans for the show to continue beyond the 52 episodes produced back in 2018, so it's definitely dead.

    Also would be nice if they could finally reveal a story for this show at the end, the 'throw everything against the wall and see what sticks' approach has left everything a confusing mess with no clear narrative.
    You're making it sound like the show failed to get traction or a fanbase and is ending because of that. When the show did get a decent sized fanbase and is getting to end on it's terms after telling the story it was planned to tell.

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    As far as we can see, it's not exactly got the largest fanbase, the only place it really has taken with, are with its target audience of the MAPs on Tumblr... even that has really slowed down!
    Demand quality.

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    As far as we can see, it's not exactly got the largest fanbase, the only place it really has taken with, are with its target audience of the MAPs on Tumblr... even that has really slowed down!
    I wouldn't say it's massive, but seems to be fairly popular, I've seen plenty of places were it was talked positively.

    Either way though, claiming that the show failed because it isn't going past it's planed ending is a pretty nonsensical statement. By that logic Avatar The Airbender failed.

    And dragging a story out beyond it's intended end point, especially on short notice tends to work out pretty poorly. Look at how boring the second half of the original Pretty Cure series (and pretty much the entirety of it's squeal series) was, for proof of that.

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I wouldn't say it's massive, but seems to be fairly popular, I've seen plenty of places were it was talked positively.

    Either way though, claiming that the show failed because it isn't going past it's planed ending is a pretty nonsensical statement. By that logic Avatar The Airbender failed.

    And dragging a story out beyond it's intended end point, especially on short notice tends to work out pretty poorly. Look at how boring the second half of the original Pretty Cure series (and pretty much the entirety of it's squeal series) was, for proof of that.
    No idea about Pretty Cure, I don't think I've ever watched an episode. Though I personally am not saying Netflix She-Ra failed due to being stretched out, I'm saying they stretched it out to hopefully get more viewers. As what happens with shows that have their entire season dropped at once? People binge watch, then move on. Aang was still strongly popular at the end, but Korra did go on for too long and was not as engrossing, however I did like how it ended.

    As for Netflix She-Ra, I wouldn't say that it had even been 'fairly' popular, it's presence has mainly appeared as bottom barrel, with mainstream media being mainstream media and protecting its access, completely untrustworthy, and many popular YouTube reviewers received bribes to give positive reviews on YouTube, so their opinions are tainted as well. Social media presence also dropped off after the first 13 eps, now it's barely registering.
    Demand quality.

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    No idea about Pretty Cure, I don't think I've ever watched an episode. Though I personally am not saying Netflix She-Ra failed due to being stretched out, I'm saying they stretched it out to hopefully get more viewers. As what happens with shows that have their entire season dropped at once? People binge watch, then move on. Aang was still strongly popular at the end, but Korra did go on for too long and was not as engrossing, however I did like how it ended.

    As for Netflix She-Ra, I wouldn't say that it had even been 'fairly' popular, it's presence has mainly appeared as bottom barrel, with mainstream media being mainstream media and protecting its access, completely untrustworthy, and many popular YouTube reviewers received bribes to give positive reviews on YouTube, so their opinions are tainted as well. Social media presence also dropped off after the first 13 eps, now it's barely registering.
    My point is that regardless of the success of the show, having the story continue after this season would be a bad idea one.

    For context with Pretty Cure, it was your fairly standard magical girl show, about a pair of girls being granted powers to fight off the typical evil force of that you see in that kind of show. What made it work was it's focus on the character growth of those two girls over the course of the story, having them grow closer together as friends and grow into their roles as heroes. But it was originally intended to be 24 episodes long and got extended to 49 episodes on short notice and on even shorter noticed had another 49 episode sequel series ordered. The two girls character arcs had already reached their conclusions by episode 24 of the first series leaving most of what happened after that kind of boring. The franchised continued after that (and is still going today) and it solved the problem by shifting to a power rangers format, with every series focusing on a different group of girls with their own story and villains.

    But I digress, my point is that a show reaching it's intended end point and stopping there isn't a failure of the show. As there are many successful shows that sopped at their intended end point. If Netflix She-Ra got canceled before reaching that point then it can be called a failure.


    Also I'm pretty sure the bribing stuff got debunked.

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    I quite understand, but 52 episodes were ordered, 52 episodes were made, 52 were going to be released regardless of how well or badly they did in the ratings. Though going from what you say about Pretty Cure, even though the quality of the show dropped, it was still significant enough in the viewing figures to warrant ordering more. Here they simply had no plans other than 52 episodes, something we found out before the very first episode had landed. I'm sure Chuck is happy with the results he presented us with.
    Demand quality.

  8. #58
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Two! Two full seasons of 26 episodes each! Remember, the show was simply split into 5 parts so they could drag its release out for longer and there are no plans for the show to continue beyond the 52 episodes produced back in 2018, so it's definitely dead.

    Also would be nice if they could finally reveal a story for this show at the end, the 'throw everything against the wall and see what sticks' approach has left everything a confusing mess with no clear narrative.
    What show were you watching? Because this is the only MOTU or PoP animated series to actually have a fully realized story arc to span across 52 episodes.

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    What show were you watching? Because this is the only MOTU or PoP animated series to actually have a fully realized story arc to span across 52 episodes.
    Technically the New Adventures had a fully realized story arc. However just because the Netflix She-Ra does get to have an actual ending, it doesn't really mean it's not a topsy turvy mess, but we'll see if S5 ties things up, or just make no sense.
    Demand quality.

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Technically the New Adventures had a fully realized story arc. However just because the Netflix She-Ra does get to have an actual ending, it doesn't really mean it's not a topsy turvy mess, but we'll see if S5 ties things up, or just make no sense.
    I mean things are already pretty well tied together. Each season had it's own arc that built on the previous seasons arcs, with many consistent plot points and character arcs throughout.

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior Cheshire Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    473
    I agree with A Dalek. This series has shown consistent and thought out plotting in each season. Noelle stated at the start that they had 4 seasons mapped out - they split season 2 into seasons 2/3 which accounts for there being 5 seasons now. Each season reads pretty distinct in its arc and episodes. I think it's a wonderfully realised show packed with Lore and nods to the original whilst incorporating a zany playfulness that is expected from modern cartoons. I fully get if it's not to everyone's taste though.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Not really about taste, it's just really really bad, it reads like something a kindergartener would write but then screw up and throw away into the trash because they realised what they had written was just really really bad. Either way, this show is essentially already forgotten about, after this next batch it dropped, a few posts will be made on Twitter, two or three extra vids posted on YouTube each day and in a few months time, next to nothing and Noelle will return to buying back her own books to get on the best seller list again! Hopefully Mattel will get their act together and produce a She-Ra show themselves, using a team who at least knows how to string a cohesive sentence together. Whilst I liked seeing a NA character on the screen again, it somehow came off as something of an insult, however she did feel like a far better She-Ra than this Adora.

    So I don't expect anything amazing with this last batch of episodes, just another bunch of episodes where they throw any old scenarios together, make oogle faces, and things happen because it happens.
    Demand quality.

  13. #63
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,782
    Don't watch it then?

  14. #64
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,791
    None of us have access to the viewership data for the series, but logically it doesn't make sense to lean toward "She-Ra is a failure" if the internet is being used as the barometer for determining how the series is performing.

    If you're following along with posts on He-Man.org forums, monitoring websites and social media, and then comparing what you see with other Netflix Original cartoons from DreamWorks and other studios, then there are more reasons to think that the actual series is doing just fine overall and has a decent size fanbase. One of the biggest? -- The fact that Val publicly stated that he was told the series is doing fine.

    I know a few folks will automatically assume that he's being lied to, so let's take a look at a some independent sources like Parrot Analytics and the tracking application/platform TV Time.

    PARROT ANALYTICS

    One of the things that Parrot Analytics does is provide insights using their own weighted metrics. So, for example, something like a download on a file sharing website is considered to be a strong indicator of interest and gets a high value attributed to it, whereas a "like" on social media is considered significantly weaker in comparison and falls way lower on the list of expressions. It's lower because a "like" is not as clear of an indication that the person is actually watching the series. PA takes these demand expressions (all of that "chatter" online) and plugs them into a formula, the output of which is then used to provide insights and projections.

    Having said that, if you take a look at my post from back in December, you'll see that PA determined that the She-Ra and the Princesses of Power series has an "outstanding" performance rating in the US, the second highest out of five available ratings. Only 2.7% of all shows in this particular market have this level of demand. She-Ra continues to hold that rating in the US.

    TV TIME

    She-Ra and the Princesses of Power currently has 44,092 followers on this tracking platform. It's important to ask how this stacks up against other shows in this category or similar categories. Here are some comparisons:

    Trollunters: Tales of Arcadia (66,379 followers)
    Voltron: Legendary Defender (48,431 followers)
    The Boss Baby: Back in Business (45,165 followers)
    She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (44,092 followers)
    3Below: Tales of Arcadia (26,951 followers)
    Spirit Riding Free (9,109 followers)
    Dawn of the Croods (3,067 followers)
    --------------------
    Bonus shows:

    The Dragon Prince (105,058 followers)
    Carmen Sandiego (41,292 followers)
    Hilda (39,622 followers)

    SOCIAL MEDIA

    The #SheRa hashtag on Instagram has increased by hundreds of thousands of posts since the She-Ra and the Princesses of Power series started streaming on Netflix. There are several new She-Ra-related things added on daily basis.

    #HeMan (540,779 posts)
    #MastersOfTheUniverse (363,885 posts)
    #SheRa (361,567 posts)

    --------------------
    Noelle Stevenson's tweet about Season 5 of She-Ra (28K likes / 8.4K retweets)
    --------------------

    Official DreamWorks She-Ra Instagram Page (96,514 followers) -- Each post gets thousands of hearts/likes, sometimes into the 5-digits range.
    Official DreamWorks She-Ra Twitter Page (62,296 followers)
    Official DreamWorks She-Ra Facebook Page (28,115 followers / 26,146 people like this)

    Bonus:

    She-Ra on Reddit (15,700 members)

    Again, compare these numbers to some of the aforementioned shows, while keeping some important caveats in mind. (Examples: Voltron's twitter page was created years before Legendary Defender. Existing followers are rolled into that number. / Spirit Riding Free never reached the heights that Voltron did on analytic sites and social media, however when it comes to toy sales and other merchandising sales it's the stronger of the two, which suggests a much larger kid audience.

    My caveat for this entire post? None of this 100% proves that online success translates to actual "real world" success, but if we're going to evaluate based on hints that we're getting via the internet, then it makes more sense to lean toward "the show is doing well."
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Not really about taste, it's just really really bad, it reads like something a kindergartener would write but then screw up and throw away into the trash because they realised what they had written was just really really bad. Either way, this show is essentially already forgotten about, after this next batch it dropped, a few posts will be made on Twitter, two or three extra vids posted on YouTube each day and in a few months time, next to nothing and Noelle will return to buying back her own books to get on the best seller list again! Hopefully Mattel will get their act together and produce a She-Ra show themselves, using a team who at least knows how to string a cohesive sentence together. Whilst I liked seeing a NA character on the screen again, it somehow came off as something of an insult, however she did feel like a far better She-Ra than this Adora.

    So I don't expect anything amazing with this last batch of episodes, just another bunch of episodes where they throw any old scenarios together, make oogle faces, and things happen because it happens.
    It's funny how you call the show an insult, when frankly you're post was very insulting to anyone who likes the show or otherwise has a positive opinion on it. You're contempt and spite towards people who like the show is painfully obvious at this point.

    You're whole argument amounts "no I'm right for thinking the show is crap and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong".

    M personally, I don't think it's a great show. A solidly put together show in my opinion, but still no masterpiece.
    Last edited by A Dalek; March 27, 2020 at 02:03pm.

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Don't watch it then?
    If I didn't, then whatever I say would be a lie and just the ramblings of a classic She-Ra fanboy yelling at the wind... but another question is, who is actually watching this show? Where are the viewing numbers and are they all unique views, or just the same people watching over and over to try make out the show as being more popular than it really is?

    A Dalek, I'm not the one insulting you, the show is, it's been talking down to everyone since episode one and it's gotten worse with ever episode after it. If you want to like it that's fine, enjoy it, I'll complain instead.

    Btw Tallstar, so you know I can't see anything you say, as I put you on my ignore list a couple years ago.
    Demand quality.

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    If I didn't, then whatever I say would be a lie and just the ramblings of a classic She-Ra fanboy yelling at the wind... but another question is, who is actually watching this show? Where are the viewing numbers and are they all unique views, or just the same people watching over and over to try make out the show as being more popular than it really is?

    A Dalek, I'm not the one insulting you, the show is, it's been talking down to everyone since episode one and it's gotten worse with ever episode after it. If you want to like it that's fine, enjoy it, I'll complain instead.

    Btw Tallstar, so you know I can't see anything you say, as I put you on my ignore list a couple years ago.
    Ok let's look what you actualy say.

    "Not really about taste, it's just really really bad, it reads like something a kindergartener would write but then screw up and throw away into the trash"

    This sentence is design to demean and belittle the opinions of that differ to you're own and state that there tastes are wrong. As for the show talking down to people, frankly the show hasn't really been preachy about anything throughout it's whole run. The great irony is that you are talking down to me right now.

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Ok let's look what you actualy say.

    "Not really about taste, it's just really really bad, it reads like something a kindergartener would write but then screw up and throw away into the trash"

    This sentence is design to demean and belittle the opinions of that differ to you're own and state that there tastes are wrong. As for the show talking down to people, frankly the show hasn't really been preachy about anything throughout it's whole run. The great irony is that you are talking down to me right now.
    Actually it's directed towards those in charge of its production, unless you are one of those in production!? I'm just speaking honestly, if it does come off as sounding like I'm talking down to you, I apologise. Though talking down isn't always straight forward preachy, it has many different forms!

    When studying for my degree in film, television and animation, I fell into the same pitfalls that are on display here, but I corrected my mistakes and learned from them (and passed)... they haven't done that, the same mistakes keep on happening, nothing has really changed in all these episodes so far, which is why I don't have any hope for the next batch of eps. The story may be getting 'wrapped up', but it doesn't deserve it, by that I mean, the story has only gotten to this point, because the writers said so, not because of any progression by the characters, as there hasn't really been any, just simply because the writers said so. Just ask why has something happened in a scene when you watch it, how it has happened when you watch it and what purpose does it serve to the narrative, though doesn't have to be all three of those all the time or in that specific order. For instance, a simple example, why is Bow trying to help Glimmer get up to her bed in that episode where she's started glitching? What purpose does it serve the story? How is this necessary?
    Last edited by Zentron; March 27, 2020 at 07:51pm.
    Demand quality.

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Actually it's directed towards those in charge of its production, unless you are one of those in production!? I'm just speaking honestly, if it does come off as sounding like I'm talking down to you, I apologise. Though talking down isn't always straight forward preachy, it has many different forms!

    When studying for my degree in film, television and animation, I fell into the same pitfalls that are on display here, but I corrected my mistakes and learned from them (and passed)... they haven't done that, the same mistakes keep on happening, nothing has really changed in all these episodes so far, which is why I don't have any hope for the next batch of eps. The story may be getting 'wrapped up', but it doesn't deserve it, by that I mean, the story has only gotten to this point, because the writers said so, not because of any progression by the characters, as there hasn't really been any, just simply because the writers said so. Just ask why has something happened in a scene when you watch it, how it has happened when you watch it and what purpose does it serve to the narrative, though doesn't have to be all three of those all the time or in that specific order. For instance, a simple example, why is Bow trying to help Glimmer get up to her bed in that episode where she's started glitching? What purpose does it serve the story? How is this necessary?
    You keep saying there was no progression is the story , when that is frankly not true. The main characters have grown and changed over the course of story, with Catra being the stand out in that regard. I would say the side characters are pretty under developed, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

    "why is Bow trying to help Glimmer get up to her bed in that episode where she's started glitching? What purpose does it serve the story? How is this necessary?"

    The purpose it served was to add a moment of levity and comic relief to the proceedings. The show goes out of it's way to have a lot of humour, even in the darker more dramatic episodes, specificly so that the show still maintains a fun tone and dosn't take itself to seriously even in the face of the more dramatic stuff.

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Though in what way have they changed? What are they doing differently here at this point that they weren't already doing at the beginning or throughout the rest of the show? Nothing!

    There's always time for comedic moments, then there's overkill, including wasting ENTIRE EPISODES for a worthless joke that isn't even funny. The original had comedic moments, it was both fun and serious at times, but neither pushing one over the other. Also, I asked why was he trying to help her up to her bed, because the writer is lousy at humor and doesn't serve any purpose, especially as we and Angella know that Glimmer has floating steps to get up to her bed.
    Demand quality.

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Though in what way have they changed? What are they doing differently here at this point that they weren't already doing at the beginning or throughout the rest of the show? Nothing!

    There's always time for comedic moments, then there's overkill, including wasting ENTIRE EPISODES for a worthless joke that isn't even funny. The original had comedic moments, it was both fun and serious at times, but neither pushing one over the other. Also, I asked why was he trying to help her up to her bed, because the writer is lousy at humor and doesn't serve any purpose, especially as we and Angella know that Glimmer has floating steps to get up to her bed.
    For one Catra has a pretty defined shift in her character were she steadily grows worse and worse as a person overtime, driven chiefly by her fatal flaw that constantly makes her incapable of introspection.

    Glimmer wasn't exactly thinking clearly in that moment, she was used to teleportation up there, which is why the stairs didn't occur to her. I don't think there is anything wrong with quantity of humour in the show myself.

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior Cheshire Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    473
    The show incorporates humour, humour that's not to everyone's taste - I chortle occasionally but most of it falls flat for me but I'm okay with that because what passed for humour in the original series amounted to name calling and smug sarcasm. To be clear I love both incarnations and thats not a dig at OG She-Ra just an observation.

    Episodes wasted on humour? I mean even the D & D episode has a moral (we can overcome any obstacle together regardless of what goes wrong), it shows emerging character dynamics, character insight through perspective and the rebels take back a stronghold.

    You seem angry that the story isn't progressing and the writers can't string sentences together but really you're just showcasing your own lack of insight into storytelling, and quite aggressively at that. The original series showed virtually no character development that held and each story beyond the Secret of the Sword arc was standalone having no impact on what came before or after it.

    Maybe stop watching, because it's clearly not for you. Calling it bad and denigrating the creators without a solid argument is just coming across as bitter and petty.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Maybe stop watching, because it's clearly not for you. Calling it bad and denigrating the creators without a solid argument is just coming across as bitter and petty.
    Nobody here is putting out any solid argument that it's good either, so there's no difference in either side of the discussion

    The D&D episode showed us that no matter what, they were just going to keep doing the exact same thing that they had been doing since the first episode and it will simply work out. Why? Because the writers say so, flat and lazy writing. Glimmer is doing the exact same thing as we heard about and saw her do in the first episode, all the way up to the last episode and that's not going to change in these next batch. Bow occasionally seems to have a character development, but it's only used as a plot device for the one scene, he's still the same idiot we got to see him as in his first scene "WHAT?!?". Adora, does same thing with Catra in every interaction, runs off after her, which usually leads to the others getting in trouble or seriously hurt. Shadow Weaver... well, she definitely doesn't have any development, the situation she's placed in may have changed, but that's not her changing. Catra is the same bully, user and opportunist from the first episode until this last. Swift Wind, he's just there for comic relief, unlike Kowl or Madam Razz, they do consistently help, this Swift Wind character does virtually nothing useful and could be written out altogether, better off just turning him into glue! Entrapta does have some development as a character, but the writers generally just return her to the one note and I don't expect to see anything change in the next batch of episodes. Hordak... a waste of space, who Catra defeats in the exact sameway, twice. Frosta, Nettossa, Castaspella, Spinnerella, Sea Hawk, Mermista and Perfuma can all be written out of the show very easily and it would make the show much better. Let me put it this way, there was more character development coming from Kyle, Lonny and Rohelio... or however you spell his name, than every single character in this entire show combined, and they are hardly in it. Any group of idiots could have produced this show, could drag a bunch of people off the street and do as good a job or better, it's no wonder they had to send in Chuck to bring some oder to Noelle's mess!
    Last edited by Zentron; March 30, 2020 at 01:14pm.
    Demand quality.

  24. #74
    Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Nobody here is putting out any solid argument that it's good either, so there's no difference in either side of the discussion

    The D&D episode showed us that no matter what, they were just going to keep doing the exact same thing that they had been doing since the first episode and it will simply work out. Why? Because the writers say so, flat and lazy writing. Glimmer is doing the exact same thing as we heard about and saw her do in the first episode, all the way up to the last episode and that's not going to change in these next batch. Bow occasionally seems to have a character development, but it's only used as a plot device for the one scene, he's still the same idiot we got to see him as in his first scene "WHAT?!?". Adora, does same thing with Catra in every interaction, runs off after her, which usually leads to the others getting in trouble or seriously hurt. Shadow Weaver... well, she definitely doesn't have any development, the situation she's placed in may have changed, but that's not her changing. Catra is the same bully, user and opportunist from the first episode until this last. Swift Wind, he's just there for comic relief, unlike Kowl or Madam Razz, they do consistently help, this Swift Wind character does virtually nothing useful and could be written out altogether, better off just turning him into glue! Entrapta does have some development as a character, but the writers generally just return her to the one note and I don't expect to see anything change in the next batch of episodes. Hordak... a waste of space, who Catra defeats in the exact sameway, twice. Frosta, Nettossa, Castaspella, Spinnerella, Sea Hawk, Mermista and Perfuma can all be written out of the show very easily and it would make the show much better. Let me put it this way, there was more character development coming from Kyle, Lonny and Rohelio... or however you spell his name, than every single character in this entire show combined, and they are hardly in it. Any group of idiots could have produced this show, could drag a bunch of people off the street and do as good a job or better, it's no wonder they had to send in Chuck to bring some oder to Noelle's mess!
    You have either not watched the show, or did not pay attention, because nearly everything in this post is demonstrably false. Every character you cite as having no development has had season and multi-season arcs.

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior Cringer_luvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    947
    The music alone in this show gives me the feels...let alone the story arc! I cannot imagine someone watching episode 9 HERO in season 4 and not getting the feels! LOVE this show!!! Glad we will get an ending to the story, but so so sad for it to be over.
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

    My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •