Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 5 on May 15th

I wonder if if they will use the situation to give her a bit of an upgrade to her She-Ra form?

Anyway I hope Horde Prime dosn't end up being boring. Him being the total hate sink/no redeemable qualities villain of the show isn't a bad thing in of itself, but that type of villain can come off as quite bland and one dimensional if done wrong, especially when the show has had more well developed villains to compare him to.

None of this is to say they should make him a sympathetic character mind you (because he shouldn't be), but I just hope they pull his character off right.
    Last edited by A Dalek; April 14, 2020 at 07:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I wonder if if they will use the situation to give her a bit of an upgrade to her She-Ra form?

Anyway I hope Horde Prime dosn't end up being boring. Him being the total hate sink/no redeemable qualities villain of the show isn't a bad thing in of itself, but that type of villain can come off as quite bland and one dimensional if done wrong, especially when the show has had more well developed villains to compare him to.

None of this is to say they should make him a sympathetic character mind you (because he shouldn't be), but I just hope they pull his character off right.
    With only a season to develop him, they might have to go with more crafting his personality straight out of the box from the get go, especially if they're going to focus on story for the characters than still need tying up. Read an interesting comparison someone did between Horde Prime and Hordak, where whatever element of Hordak's character makes him sympathetic also renders him a paler imitation of the villainous evil Horde Prime has.

It's pretty much a guarantee Horde Prime will be host to a MASSIVE ego though. His own self image and the maintenance thereof seems very important to him.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I like the relationship they've hinted at between Prime and Hordak, but I have to say Horde Prime (so far) is the one character design I'm not crazy about. It's not... iconic enough looking for me. Hopefully more screen time will show us what he's capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I like the relationship they've hinted at between Prime and Hordak, but I have to say Horde Prime (so far) is the one character design I'm not crazy about. It's not... iconic enough looking for me. Hopefully more screen time will show us what he's capable of.
    Ya, I like some of the ideas they've got going on with Horde Prime - the three eyes are creepy but I'm not wild about his final design or colour scheme... The red would work much better than the green IMO.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Ya, I like some of the ideas they've got going on with Horde Prime - the three eyes are creepy but I'm not wild about his final design or colour scheme... The red would work much better than the green IMO.
    Well he could allways end up going one winged angel

W H Y ends with season5?
    It's just feel so cold marketing strategy from the beginning to the end with few merchandising tie-in products released so late, actually there's a fan base full of Z-generation's kids for this show that by the way I admit I still need to watch properly lol

anyway a huge plea to Noelle & crew for all the talent and love they have given to this show, it felt a fresh take to the OG series with cool ideas where critics in the industry seems to have liked it very much.
    My first reaction to the news was, what? if a show has quite a success so why ends? if there's audiience demanding more, so sad;
    well wish it could have gone for more (mini) seasons, it did well for the She-Ra brand I guess, better than other 80s revival as de facto (i.e jem, care bears, rainbow brite to name a few)

Sure, after the show ending on Netflix, there will be kids/scholastic books, maybe comics rated Teen to continue where left, I don't know, I hope this is not a slappy move to let the new He-Man have a spot in the light, sometimes I dont' get Netflix policy for their shows, it's just business stuff and investors afraid to take risks in the long term I guess, just a thought
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    W H Y ends with season5?
    It's just feel so cold marketing strategy from the beginning to the end with few merchandising tie-in products released so late, actually there's a fan base full of Z-generation's kids for this show that by the way I admit I still need to watch properly lol

anyway a huge plea to Noelle & crew for all the talent and love they have given to this show, it felt a fresh take to the OG series with cool ideas where critics in the industry seems to have liked it very much.
    My first reaction to the news was, what? if a show has quite a success so why ends? if there's audiience demanding more, so sad;
    well wish it could have gone for more (mini) seasons, it did well for the She-Ra brand I guess, better than other 80s revival as de facto (i.e jem, care bears, rainbow brite to name a few)

Sure, after the show ending on Netflix, there will be kids/scholastic books, maybe comics rated Teen to continue where left, I don't know, I hope this is not a slappy move to let the new He-Man have a spot in the light, sometimes I dont' get Netflix policy for their shows, it's just business stuff and investors afraid to take risks in the long term I guess, just a thought
    It's my understanding that this show was written with the intent of telling a specific story from beginning to end with no run on. So like, as much as I love this show (it's probably my favorite non-comic take on MOTU/POP), I feel that it probably is best to end it on a high note and intentionally rather than just waiting for it to get cancelled. But who knows, this show seems to have a dedicated fanbase that will continue loving it after it ends, so we might get a revival like Young Justice did, and it seems we'll keep getting books and comics. Also, if/when Mattel lets Super7 do MOTU/POP stuff, it seems likely that we'll get the toyline this show deserves (idk if that means Classics versions of the new designs, straight up 6 inch versions of them, 5.5 versions, or what, but it looks like Brian Flynn wants to do something).

Heroic Warrior
    W H Y ends with season5? :
    Because the series was created with a set beginning, middle, and end.

@6:20

Saw this posted on @catradoracanon's Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79c9uPRc6I
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 22, 2020 at 12:07pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    @6:20

Saw this posted on @catradoracanon's Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79c9uPRc6I

Not available in my country , new images?

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Not available in my country , new images?
    Try this: https://twitter.com/catradoracanon/s...72204213653506

--------------------

New images on Popsugar and Comicon.

--------------------

"As the princesses prepare to face Horde Prime and his hive mind army in one final battle, Adora must confront her most elusive adversary yet: herself."

He-Man.org She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Fan Page
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 22, 2020 at 03:33pm.

Thanks Tallstar

I hope it gets a great trailer.

At least this show deserves some kind of animated features approx of 90-100 minutes direct to dvd, it could narrates some lost episodes in between seasons or more stories.

A Christmas Special as suggested by the executive producer would be also very neat.
    Yeah, maybe it's just animation nowadays costs money (a lot) to get made, but eventually simple re-runs on TV will help to create new fans and the show to be viewed by a larger audience.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

At least this show deserves some kind of animated features approx of 90-100 minutes direct to dvd, it could narrates some lost episodes in between seasons or more stories.

A Christmas Special as suggested by the executive producer would be also very neat.
    Yeah, maybe it's just animation nowadays costs money (a lot) to get made, but eventually simple re-runs on TV will help to create new fans and the show to be viewed by a larger audience.
    I wouldn't be opposed to some kind of follow up or squeal (weather it be in animated form or otherwise), but in terms of this particular show itself, it's for the best to end it, at it's intended end point.
    Last edited by A Dalek; April 23, 2020 at 07:34pm.

Certainly glad this is ending as intended, That said I think there are loads more stories to tell. I'd love to see more of Mara's adventures as She-Ra, and possibly of her life on Primus/Eternia (don't know where she falls in this incarnation) and possibly see the Mutants and Hydron, Flipshot etc...
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Heroic Warrior
    Are we not talking about that huge spoiler in the picture Netflix released??

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    What picture?

I haven't seen whatever it is... don't talk about it without spoiler tags, LOL!

Oh man! I can't wait, the ending of last season was very exciting. I am super curious to see where they take it from here.
    Join MASTERS TALK on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    Was something new released today? Or do you mean "are we not discussing the previous spoilers from a few posts back?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Was something new released today? Or do you mean "are we not discussing the previous spoilers from a few posts back?"
    Aaah what spoiler?! I've only seen the clip with Adora defeating the SPOILER!

Is it a spoiler that she defeats a non-descript robot in that one clip? Or is that something from some era of PoP/MOTU whose visual reference I'm not getting?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Is it a spoiler that she defeats a non-descript robot in that one clip? Or is that something from some era of PoP/MOTU whose visual reference I'm not getting?
    Right there with you.

Are they gonna include the star sisters and peekablue in this final season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Aaah what spoiler?! I've only seen the clip with Adora defeating the SPOILER!
    There wasn't anything super big revealed in that clip or the images that were posted, but I thought that's what guy-dude may have been referring to when he said spoiler as I couldn't find anything else via a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram search.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Are they gonna include the star sisters and peekablue in this final season?
    I have no idea. Double Trouble got a background cameo in "Princess Prom" and later went on to have significant role in the series. The Star Sisters got a bit more than that, and would be a nice fit for the final season what with Etheria being back in the wider universe. So, it seems like there's a good chance we will see more of them. I'm trying not to get too excited. heh

EDIT:

We are just hours away from getting a new trailer!
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 30, 2020 at 05:39am.