Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 187 - A second new MOTU cartoon & He-Man's symbol

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 187 - A second new MOTU cartoon & He-Man's symbol

Episode 187 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, Nate Baertsch, and Rob Base are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they discuss
    cold weather,
    a second new He-Man cartoon on Netflix,
    unique audiences or competition,
    alternating seasons,
    marketing,
    binge vs weekly episodes,
    the Sword of Power,
    He-Man's symbol,
    the iron cross and more,
    Nate takes a bow,
    and much more!

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on January 2, 2020
    Runtime: 1 hour, 11 minutes, 21 seconds

Direct link for Episode 187

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Hungry
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Good journey Nate!

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Good journey Nate!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I know no other podcasts like this,
    pretty unique to a certain extent.

I mean, it witnessed so many happenings, saw the aspirations of a few members maturing before they decided to leave and eventually achieved to become what we know.

It'll be no different for Nate whom is already one of these emblematic faces within our community; this decision is the promise for more, further fulfillment in his life, so I'll sympathise with you guys while celebrating that. Cheers sir!
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Finishing this episode up now. I’ll share my thoughts on the symbol in the thread dedicated to that topic. But I wanted to comment here about Nate’s announcement at the end.

Nate, I totally get and respect your reasons for stepping back from the show. Your presence will certainly be missed. Your input was always appreciated. Hope you are still able to make it out to Power Con again. It was such a pleasure meeting you last year.

My best to you!

Good journey Nate! Thanks for all of your contributions to the show.

Your presence will be missed Nate.

Val alluded to an incident in the podcast regarding a racist occurrence or incident at one of the Power Cons. It must have been one of the years I didn't attend. Does anyone have any info on what happened?

I know that fandom encompasses all manner of folk, but it is disturbing to think that MOTU attracts that segment of the gene pool.

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Your presence will be missed Nate.

Val alluded to an incident in the podcast regarding a racist occurrence or incident at one of the Power Cons. It must have been one of the years I didn't attend. Does anyone have any info on what happened?

I know that fandom encompasses all manner of folk, but it is disturbing to think that MOTU attracts that segment of the gene pool.
    Without being specific, someone a "fan" at the show during one of the night events got some liquid courage and said some stupid stuff. It was handled with swiftly and nothing else occurred.

Rather not talk about it because Power con has been a fantastic event for years and will continue to be perfect for years to come

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeMindz View Post
    Rather not talk about it because Power con has been a fantastic event for years and will continue to be perfect for years to come
    Amen. Stuff like this doesn’t need to be dredged up again.

Booh, thumbs down, what a questionable excuse, Nate come back!
    really?! you do not have free time to chat with some friends and nerding from time to time? hopefully you will change mind as soon as you can, what a talented artist indeed.

On regard to the fear of having 2 shows streaming so close one from another, well first we do not know yet when the kiddie show will premiere, it could be this year or 2021 as follow up to the live action (tie in sorta of) it was just announced. I think there will be no impeding confusion, infect I'm betting each show will be marketed differently, i.e. the Kevin Smith promoted on mostly of the nerdy sites, media, events, Cons whereas the new show for younger generations (BTW they are doing this for you millenials, do not disappoint everyone especially the OG fans ) would be promoted to selected tv programs, web sites, press etc, in a sense with a wider prospective and reach a global audience
    Last edited by Triklops 1; January 12, 2020 at 08:46pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I'd appreciate everyone leaving that matter to die. We would have discussed details on the show if we felt it mattered. AlternativeMindz summed it up in a way that gives that event all the attention it deserves.
    Instead, I'd like to focus on the positive aspects of the show of which there are a great many.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'd appreciate everyone leaving that matter to die. We would have discussed details on the show if we felt it mattered. AlternativeMindz summed it up in a way that gives that event all the attention it deserves.
    Instead, I'd like to focus on the positive aspects of the show of which there are a great many.
    Hence my curiosity, as PC has been overly positive the three times I attended. I just couldn't picture an incident like that occuring there, so I was really dumbfounded when you mentioned it in the podcast. No more questions/discussion from me regarding the subject.

Speaking of PC, is there an ETA on when the hotel package info is going live?
    Last edited by Night Stalker; January 12, 2020 at 10:01pm.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.