Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 226 to 238 of 238

Thread: New Mega Construx (singles) Wave Out Now!

  1. #226
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    I hear ya there my friend. Iíve gotta get some shelves built Iím tired of big boxes stacked to the ceiling. I need to get rid of some stuff. Between Transformers, MOTU and Star Wars I can barely move around in my collection room
    I hear you man lol. Only things I have plans on selling is 25th joes. But I really don't want to deal with ebay with all the fees and money they take. But my other stuff is just overwhelming lol. My custom fodder and my dio supplies are another thing that drive me crazy, got so much they take up so much room.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  2. #227
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    221
    Hey Iíve got a few of those too lol. Iíve got so many Star Wars vehicles and play sets that they take up more room than anything else. Figured Iíd pack them up and take them to some local comic book stores and sell them to them

  3. #228
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    Hey Iíve got a few of those too lol. Iíve got so many Star Wars vehicles and play sets that they take up more room than anything else. Figured Iíd pack them up and take them to some local comic book stores and sell them to them
    You'll lose money doing it that way. You should price them on ebay with ended auctions and then try Facebook market place. Star wars has a bigger fan base. I often think about the market place but don't think there's a big gi joe community in my area. My area seems to have star wars and marvel. Another idea I have is getting a table at a local toy comic show and another thought was getting a table at a flea market.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  4. #229
    Heroic Podcaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    You'll lose money doing it that way. You should price them on ebay with ended auctions and then try Facebook market place. Star wars has a bigger fan base. I often think about the market place but don't think there's a big gi joe community in my area. My area seems to have star wars and marvel. Another idea I have is getting a table at a local toy comic show and another thought was getting a table at a flea market.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    You will certainly make more selling right to a collector but if you have a local shop you love, selling them there is a great way to help small local businesses during these trying times.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

  5. #230
    Court Magician rank_and_vile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    54

    Point Dread Console

    Freely acknowledging this may be a stupid question, but does anybody know what the three clips on the back of Point Dread's computer console are for?

  6. #231
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    483
    What do we know about wave 2 and beyond of the minis?
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

  7. #232
    Master of fear Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Petal, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,249
    Quote Originally Posted by rank_and_vile View Post
    Freely acknowledging this may be a stupid question, but does anybody know what the three clips on the back of Point Dread's computer console are for?
    I stuck some extra LEGO brooms and tools on mine. I figure Zodac can tinker and sweep up in between epic battles.

  8. #233
    Bang Your Head
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Attachment 124726
    Glad I waited to get this.
    They were also in the middle of resetting the aisle and action figure aisle
    Just a heads up to anyone looking to get these sets at this price. Not all Walmarts carry them at this price, and they do NOT price match with other Walmarts... which is very weird (they price match with competitors).

    I went to two Walmarts today and both vehicle sets were priced completely different...

  9. #234
    Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lansing, KS
    Posts
    838
    Wal-Mart doesn't price match competitors anymore, haven't in a few years. Last time I checked the price match policy on the website (last November I think), WM stores will most likely price match the same product sold on the website (if sold by WM, no independent sellers) but that's ultimately up to the individual store management.

    WM's clearance pricing can be odd, mostly the stores rely on corporate ordered clearance pricing. Each department has a clearance "budget" the store can apply on its own but management doesn't like using it because a department only gets so much in a given period. It's the reason you find the occasional 10 year old digital camera priced at full MSRP -- the product isn't in WM's current inventory and putting it at a reasonable markdown eats up the clearance "budget".

    I do wonder if some stores get different corporate ordered clearance pricing despite geographic area. Sometimes when I'm checking on a clearance product on Brickseek and multiple stores have the same number of an item, store A has it for $5 less than store B even thought the stores are only say 10 miles apart.

  10. #235
    Court Magician rank_and_vile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I stuck some extra LEGO brooms and tools on mine. I figure Zodac can tinker and sweep up in between epic battles.
    Well that makes sense. I wound up sticking Zodac's gun in there for safekeeping while he sits in the Talon Fighter.

  11. #236
    Master of fear Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Petal, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,249
    Quote Originally Posted by rank_and_vile View Post
    Well that makes sense. I wound up sticking Zodac's gun in there for safekeeping while he sits in the Talon Fighter.
    That works, too, since the poor guy doesn't have a holster for it!

    I did a quick run to a few stores just now, mostly looking for the new Skeletor head sets and WWE MOTU, and grabbed an extra Point Dread set for $17. (I can get good use out of the Grayskull-green pieces and the extra Zodac!) Oddly, the Roton set was also on clearance, but at $24. I'd like a couple of extra Rotons, but they need to be cheaper than that for me to do it.

  12. #237
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    201
    I was just at Walmart, and I originally didn't care about the Mega Construx stuff but on a whim I price-scanned the Point Dread set, and it scanned for FIVE dollars. So I grabbed it, since I figure you can't beat "practically free", and I also grabbed the Battle Cat/Roton set, which ended up being $30.

    This seems odd to me. Or is that right? It just seems weird that the much bigger set would be only five bucks while the other set was $30. I was tempted to get the Skeletor/Panthor pack but it seemed a bit steep at $15, and I was already getting other stuff. I'unno just thought I'd mention it.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; February 20, 2021 at 06:04am.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  13. #238
    Heroic Warrior mizterfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I was just at Walmart, and I originally didn't care about the Mega Construx stuff but on a whim I price-scanned the Point Dread set, and it scanned for FIVE dollars. So I grabbed it, since I figure you can't beat "practically free", and I also grabbed the Battel Cat/Roton set, which ended up being $30.

    This seems odd to me. Or is that right? It just seems weird that the much bigger set would be only five bucks while the other set was $30. I was tempted to get the Skeletor/Panthor pack but it seemed a bit steep at $15, and I was already getting other stuff. I'unno just thought I'd mention it.
    They clearanced that and not the Roton. Point Dread was originally $50. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how each store clearances items. I found the flocked Panthor clearanced at a store for $7.50 the same week it was set out new at another for $15


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •