Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #3 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

2002/DC He-Man Video guy

He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #3 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE MULTIVERSE
    CURRENT MINI-SERIES

Issue #3 of 6

Masters of the Universes part 3

Writer: Tim Seeley
    Art: Dan Fraga, Tom Derenick and Richard Friend
    Cover: InHuyk Lee
    Color: Matt Yackey

"Prince Keldor's pursuit of Anti-He-Man leads him and the He-Men of alternate worlds to an Eternia conquered by Skeletor, where they must team with unlikely allies to save Castle Grayskull! Featuring the fan-favorite world and characters of the 2002 Masters of the Universe cartoon and toy line!"

ON SALE JANUARY 15th 2020

At your local comic shop,
    or digitally via ComiXology or Amazon.

---------------------------
    **SPOILERS**

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool issue.

Looks like all the Masters had taken off their Anti-Snake gear by the time Skeletor exiled them.

Was fun to see 4HM design of Spikor appear as well.
    And Man-At-Arms was back to normal as always as intended (in 2002 cartoon)

The addition of ”lost wave 88” Snake Troopers was a surprise. But since Snake Men and Horde had worked together, it works well here.

And Tappers He-Man got some emotional scenes. With focus being on the relationship between He-Man and Teela as its always been.
    Last edited by Jukka; January 15, 2020 at 06:02am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Good issue! 200X Skelly was great in this!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    I dare to say, that this was the strongest, most emotional, and best issue of the MOTU comics since the end of the Eternity War! Don't want to spoil it. Just read it.

The only thing that i wll tell is that Tappers He-Man in few pages succeded on becoming one of the most heroic and at the same tragic and emotional versions of He-Man ever. Excellent job by Tim Seeley!
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 15, 2020 at 12:33pm.

OMG! Did they really just kill Spector off?? And shortly before that, Spector voiced his disdain for 200X. Perfect on so many levels. These guys really know their MOTU fandom history.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Best issue of the series so far, by a long shot. It was very nice to revisit the 2002 Eternia, and Skeletor's characterization was great. His explanation for how he finally reached his goal was such an obvious, logical thing that I'd been wondering since I was a kid why he (and villains in general, really) never did precisely that, so it was fun to see a world where that had actually played out! My favorite Easter Egg was the appearance of the hybrid Snake/Horde troopers. Anti-HM's reaction at seeing the Filmation Eternia at the end was fantastic! Even he was weirded out!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Skeletor's characterization was great. His explanation for how he finally reached his goal was such an obvious, logical
    Well if we follow 2002 cartoon story, the running gag actually was that whatever magical items there were, He-Man would always destroy them!
    He-Man clearly destroys Ram Stone in "The Last Stand", so that would be out of the picture. He-Man destroyed the Diamond Ray in "Turnabout" (and he also destroyed the Legacy Stones...)

So out of all these things Skeletor collected. The amulet Marzo had, was not destroyed, since he was seen walking away with it in "History". So Skeletor might've somehow grabbed it from him.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Well if we follow 2002 cartoon story, the running gag actually was that whatever magical items there were, He-Man would always destroy them!
    He-Man clearly destroys Ram Stone in "The Last Stand", so that would be out of the picture. He-Man destroyed the Diamond Ray in "Turnabout" (and he also destroyed the Legacy Stones...)

So out of all these things Skeletor collected. The amulet Marzo had, was not destroyed, since he was seen walking away with it in "History". So Skeletor might've somehow grabbed it from him.
    It could be that Skeletor found a way to recreate powerful magical artifacts.

On another nore Tim Seeley on Twitter said that the female Enforcer's name is Apokrifa.

Heroic Warrior
    i like that 87 He-Man confirmed he was Prince Adam but gave up the identity when the war for Eternia began.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    It could be that Skeletor found a way to recreate powerful magical artifacts.

On another nore Tim Seeley on Twitter said that the female Enforcer's name is Apokrifa.
    That is total awesome to see he named her. Did he mention any name for the enforcer to the left of zodac?

Heroic Warrior
    The guys drawing this stuff know their motu., I'm gonna have to say they collect classics. Anyway, few questions. How did they break out the dungeon and then out in battle? Who crumbled castle grayskull? How did all the heroes appear? And how did anti he man land on filmation? I got confused real fast. And is the other part 3 next month?

Would love a female cosmic enforcer in classics.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclassified; January 16, 2020 at 08:19pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    That is total awesome to see he named her. Did he mention any name for the enforcer to the left of zodac?
    Yes. Tim said that the bearded Enforcer, is Zanthor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    The guys drawing this stuff know their motu., I'm gonna have to say they collect classics. Anyway, few questions. How did they break out the dungeon and then out in battle? Who crumbled castle grayskull? How did all the heroes appear? And how did anti he man land on filmation? I got confused real fast. And is the other part 3 next month?

They didn't break out, they were magically teleported by Skeletor in order to force them to fight Hordak's and Hiss's armies.

Castle Grayskull was destroyed by Anti-Eternia He-Man, after he fused 200X's Power Sword with his.

The heroes have been banished in another dimension by Skeletor, when he took over Grayskull. Then he brought them back in order to deal with Anti-Eternia He-Man, after sending Hordak, Hiss, and Shadow Weaver there, in their place.

Anti-Eternia He-Man is using the Hellskull's Power for being transported through the Multiverse. This how he ended in the Filmationverse.

Next issue is issue #4, and will be released next month.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 16, 2020 at 08:28pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes. Tim said that the bearded Enforcer, is Zanthor.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't break out, they were magically teleported by Skeletor in order to force them to fight Hordak's and Hiss's armies.

Castle Grayskull was destroyed by Anti-Eternia He-Man, after he fused 200X's Power Sword with his.

The heroes have been banished in another dimension by Skeletor, when he took over Grayskull. Then he brought them back in order to deal with Anti-Eternia He-Man, after sending Hordak, Hiss, and Shadow Weaver there, in their place.

Anti-Eternia He-Man is using the Hellskull's Power for being transported through the Multiverse. This how he ended in the Filmationverse.

Next issue is issue #4, and will be released next month.
    Ah ok. And at the end it says part 3 to be continued.

I found this issue to be really good. I love when Seeley’s Skeletor gives a speech.

I ended up getting really confused at the end. It went from a showdown between the freed masters and Anti, but then out of nowhere the castle crumbles and anti is gone. Feels like there was a page missing or something. Regardless, really fun stuff.

Heroic Warrior Beard of Stratos's Avatar
    Yes this issue was great. Really looking forward to the next issue now. Seeing the Filmation He-Man teach Anti_HM a lesson in manners is going to be so cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I found this issue to be really good. I love when Seeley’s Skeletor gives a speech.

I ended up getting really confused at the end. It went from a showdown between the freed masters and Anti, but then out of nowhere the castle crumbles and anti is gone. Feels like there was a page missing or something. Regardless, really fun stuff.
    Yeah, I got that 'Did I miss something?' feeling a couple of times with the issue.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Solid issue! Was interesting seeing Skeletor finally winning for a change and Hordak and Hiss teaming up against Skeletor. I wonder how Hordak eventually escaped from Despondos? Was it Evil-Lyn and did Hordak not reward her and Skeletor forgive her and take her back (like the whole freeing King Hiss situation)?

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Ah ok. And at the end it says part 3 to be continued.

They did the title and the credits at the very end of this issue instead of the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Also possible in this version Skeletor took over Castle Grayskull before Hordak was released and King Hiss’ only chance at survival was to free Hordak and seek a temporary alliance with him against Skeletor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Solid issue! Was interesting seeing Skeletor finally winning for a change and Hordak and Hiss teaming up against Skeletor. I wonder how Hordak eventually escaped from Despondos? Was it Evil-Lyn and did Hordak not reward her and Skeletor forgive her and take her back (like the whole freeing King Hiss situation)?

They did the title and the credits at the very end of this issue instead of the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Also possible in this version Skeletor took over Castle Grayskull before Hordak was released and King Hiss’ only chance at survival was to free Hordak and seek a temporary alliance with him against Skeletor.
    I believe too that Skeletor captured Grayskull before Hordak's release from Despondos. But really i would love if this series was a maxi series, instead of a mini series, so could have more detais, of what happened in the various MOTU universes. Especially the 2002's one.

[QUOTE=granamyr80;3868722]Yes. Tim said that the bearded Enforcer, is Zanthor.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn’t even relialize he was bearded, and I looked close. I will have to look harder. Figured it was him. Where are karsack and levitha?

Heroic Warrior
    I believe too that Skeletor captured Grayskull before Hordak's release from Despondos. But really i would love if this series was a maxi series, instead of a mini series, so could have more detais, of what happened in the various MOTU universes. Especially the 2002's one.
    i would like to see more of the 87 universe.

I'm glad I'm not alone in the "are there pages missing or something?" feelings regarding this issue, which- for the most part- was actually quite great.
    But the rushed nature of this thing made digesting the first few pages and then the final ones rather difficult.
    I was excited to see the Cosmic Enforcers on the first page, but then-

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad the video game he man is gone lol.

Heroic Warrior
    This was a great issue. I loved that Skeletor was drawn to look more like his 200X action figure than his MYP look and I like that He-Man showed up in his Snake Armor. It gave this multiverse version of He-Man a unique look over the other He-Man. The story was strong. Though this story is based in the 200X universe, I like how a lot of the storyline is based on canon that we got from the bios in MOTU Classics as far as events with Skeletor defeating the Masters and Hordak & King Hiss forming an alliance. I also like the fact that the story ended with Crackers the Clown as a teaser for the "Filmation" universe shows that we are in for a good time.
    Last edited by grenadaspice; January 18, 2020 at 02:18am.

Really enjoyed this issues.
    They used they 4HM 200x Spikor design, which I think is the first time we've seen it used in any media. Though he was HUGE, towering over the other characters. I wonder if the 4HM intended him to be that big as it did seem very excessive.
    Great to see the Snake Troopers released in Classics last year, that equally blew me away as much as them using the 200x Spikor.
    I've never been a fan of the 'Disco' Skeletor colours, but they made them work really well here by toning down the blue of the torso and working the colours into the story.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one