Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 378

Thread: G.I. Joe Classified 6" Line By Hasbro

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,509

    G.I. Joe Classified 6" Line By Hasbro

    I know it's still only a rumour but I guess it's better they have their own thread.
    If Hasbro do release these it will be a dream come true.
    Thankfully if this is true there will be no hypothetical G.I. Joe line by Super 7.

    The rumoured first wave is:
    Snake Eyes
    Duke
    Scarlett
    Roadblock
    Destro

  2. #2
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I know it's still only a rumour but I guess it's better they have their own thread.
    If Hasbro do release these it will be a dream come true.
    Thankfully if this is true there will be no hypothetical G.I. Joe line by Super 7.

    The rumoured first wave is:
    Snake Eyes
    Duke
    Scarlett
    Roadblock
    Destro
    Ok, This is good to have it's own thread. I do hope for two versions of Snake Eyes, or perhaps multiple heads. Would Timber be a must? I basically want them to match their more familiar and famous versions from ARAH with all the same accessories, with a few extra neat things thrown in.

    Others thrown in for a wave two or three: Cobra Trooper with at least two different heads (for different races), Shipwreck, Storm Shadow, Baroness, Cobra Commander. I think I'd be happy after that. Ok, I'd like Spirit as well. And Zartan. Ugh, ok, I'll take Leatherneck, Flint, LAdy Jay, Firefly, Beach head, and Hawk. Dang, there's too many!

    For vehicles, I'd like the Cobra FANG, Joe RAM, Cobra CLAW, maybe Joe VAMP. The vehicles cannot be too big since the figures are 6". But it'd be amazing to get a HISS tank.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,446
    I hope these are ARAH designs. . .

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I hope these are ARAH designs. . .
    You wouldn't want Duke in his accelerator suit?
    They definitely need to be ARAH designs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Ok, This is good to have it's own thread. I do hope for two versions of Snake Eyes, or perhaps multiple heads. Would Timber be a must? I basically want them to match their more familiar and famous versions from ARAH with all the same accessories, with a few extra neat things thrown in.

    Others thrown in for a wave two or three: Cobra Trooper with at least two different heads (for different races), Shipwreck, Storm Shadow, Baroness, Cobra Commander. I think I'd be happy after that. Ok, I'd like Spirit as well. And Zartan. Ugh, ok, I'll take Leatherneck, Flint, LAdy Jay, Firefly, Beach head, and Hawk. Dang, there's too many!

    For vehicles, I'd like the Cobra FANG, Joe RAM, Cobra CLAW, maybe Joe VAMP. The vehicles cannot be too big since the figures are 6". But it'd be amazing to get a HISS tank.
    Snake Eyes definitely needs Timber and a load of weapons and swords.
    As much as I like V1, I could make do with just V2 with an alternate V1 head. Maybe later they could release a V1 figure after they get more A list characters released. Stalker, Firefly, Baroness, Flint, Beachhead and Wet-Suit.

    I wonder if they could make Sgt. Slaughter?

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I know it's still only a rumour but I guess it's better they have their own thread.
    If Hasbro do release these it will be a dream come true.
    Thankfully if this is true there will be no hypothetical G.I. Joe line by Super 7.

    The rumoured first wave is:
    Snake Eyes
    Duke
    Scarlett
    Roadblock
    Destro
    Cautiously optimistic

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I hope these are ARAH designs. . .
    I would ideally like the ARAH designs, but slightly updated with modern tac vests. They need to do this at some point anyway, I feel, lest the tech always remains 80s.

    Duke could have his classic bandolier, plus a modern kevlar vest, packed in. If they can cost out that extra accessory, that is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    You wouldn't want Duke in his accelerator suit?
    They definitely need to be ARAH designs.
    It sounds like this 6" GI Joe Classified line will be part of the overarching Evergreen effort, which from what I have read, will almost certainly be ARAH based. And really, what else could it be at this point. Just from a marketing perspective.

  7. #7
    Friend of fox Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I hope these are ARAH designs. . .
    They need to start with ARAH designs, that's the sole purpose of this new line. I have the assumption that is going to be a literall trnaslation of what Hasbro has done with Marvel Legends and SW BS, they shall respect the orginal designs and throw a new one probably for conventions or exclusives with the upcoming "Snake Eyes" movie.

    Ideally I picture wave 2 this way
    Gral Hawk v1
    Cobra Commander
    Baroness
    Cobra Tropper
    Gung Ho

    Wave 3
    Lady Jaye
    Flint
    Storm Shadow
    Zartan
    Beach Head

    And there too many I want: pretty much all ARAH 85 and 86 roster, Matt & Junkyard, Tunnel Rat, all Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes versions, Dreadnoks.... Hasbro would drag me back into collecting this line the same way I used to do with MOTU Classics
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

    My feedback thread

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    They need to start with ARAH designs, that's the sole purpose of this new line. I have the assumption that is going to be a literall trnaslation of what Hasbro has done with Marvel Legends and SW BS, they shall respect the orginal designs and throw a new one probably for conventions or exclusives with the upcoming "Snake Eyes" movie.

    Ideally I picture wave 2 this way
    Gral Hawk v1
    Cobra Commander
    Baroness
    Cobra Tropper
    Gung Ho

    Wave 3
    Lady Jaye
    Flint
    Storm Shadow
    Zartan
    Beach Head

    And there too many I want: pretty much all ARAH 85 and 86 roster, Matt & Junkyard, Tunnel Rat, all Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes versions, Dreadnoks.... Hasbro would drag me back into collecting this line the same way I used to do with MOTU Classics
    I picture Vipers and Troopers in army builder two packs like the MOTUC Eternian Guards and Marvel Legends AIM and Hydra packs. Alternate heads, vests, gear, belts.

    If that is a price point then IMHO about half of the O13 including Hawk v1 can be done in a single release.

    Only Stalker, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Cobra Commander would ABSOLUTELY need to be single packed.

    And people just buy multiples of the Joe two pack and a single Cobra Trooper/Officer pack for the rest of the O13.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    I would ideally like the ARAH designs, but slightly updated with modern tac vests. They need to do this at some point anyway, I feel, lest the tech always remains 80s.

    Duke could have his classic bandolier, plus a modern kevlar vest, packed in. If they can cost out that extra accessory, that is.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It sounds like this 6" GI Joe Classified line will be part of the overarching Evergreen effort, which from what I have read, will almost certainly be ARAH based. And really, what else could it be at this point. Just from a marketing perspective.
    Well they could go for more updated present day military looks something like one of the IDW comics with outfits that are similar in colour to the ARAH designs but I don't think that would be a smart move.
    I really hope they keep them as close to the cartoon and you designs as possible.

  10. #10
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,369
    I've only ever been a casual Joe fan, but I could be down for a few of these. I'd certainly pick up Scarlet, Duke, Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Shipwreck, Lady Jaye, Firefly, and maybe some troopers.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I've only ever been a casual Joe fan, but I could be down for a few of these. I'd certainly pick up Scarlet, Duke, Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Shipwreck, Lady Jaye, Firefly, and maybe some troopers.
    You know any 6-inch Rey, Holdo, Rose Tico, and Poe Dameron 6-inch figure would and does destroy them all!

  12. #12
    Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Berkeley, Ca
    Posts
    1,862
    I'd hope that Hasbro does a small wave 1 release of maybe four figures, and then gradually start releasing more figures per wave as their QC gets better. I'd hate for a lot of the more complicated characters like Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Scarlett, and all come out at once with basic flaws that only time and trial and error will be able to fix.

    I say keep wave 1 simple with Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Duke, and a basic Cobra Trooper.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I'd hope that Hasbro does a small wave 1 release of maybe four figures, and then gradually start releasing more figures per wave as their QC gets better. I'd hate for a lot of the more complicated characters like Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Scarlett, and all come out at once with basic flaws that only time and trial and error will be able to fix.
    That's exactly what happened with the 25th Anniversary/ME series. And is happening with Star Wars Black Series 6".

  14. #14
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,369
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You know any 6-inch Rey, Holdo, Rose Tico, and Poe Dameron 6-inch figure would and does destroy them all!
    Hilarious, as always.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I'd hope that Hasbro does a small wave 1 release of maybe four figures, and then gradually start releasing more figures per wave as their QC gets better. I'd hate for a lot of the more complicated characters like Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Scarlett, and all come out at once with basic flaws that only time and trial and error will be able to fix.

    I say keep wave 1 simple with Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Duke, and a basic Cobra Trooper.
    They will probably stick to 4-6 characters in each wave like Black Series/ Marvel Legends and Lightning Collection.
    I doubt they would release Storm Shadow in the first wave along with Snake Eyes.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    5,702
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I hope these are ARAH designs. . .
    This.

    If they're just 6" versions of the classic toy designs, I'm in. I don't want redesigns or anything "updated."

  17. #17
    Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Berkeley, Ca
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    They will probably stick to 4-6 characters in each wave like Black Series/ Marvel Legends and Lightning Collection.
    I doubt they would release Storm Shadow in the first wave along with Snake Eyes.
    I chose Storm Shadow (and Snake Eyes) because of the simplicity of their costumes - all black and all white figures with little to no complicated paint schemes. Duke and the Cobra Trooper are good choices because they get some basic tooling for other figures out of the way is all =)

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I chose Storm Shadow (and Snake Eyes) because of the simplicity of their costumes - all black and all white figures with little to no complicated paint schemes. Duke and the Cobra Trooper are good choices because they get some basic tooling for other figures out of the way is all =)
    Good point. With the majority of parts from a Snake Eyes V1 and Duke you could re-use enough parts to make most of the original 13 Joes.

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    575
    Well, these things supposedly have a street date in April and I gather pics are incoming this weekend and/or at Toy Fair so I’m not sure how much good it does to speculate what they should do. They’re probably in production at the factory.

    I’d keep watching HasbroPulse this weekend.

    Hasbro is not one to speculate on what they’re thinking about. Generally, by the time we hear rumors, they’re in production and the preorder page is within a month of the rumor with a street date of less than four months and likely sightings in two.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,509
    Aside form the 6" line I really hope they make some fun toys for children to play with a collect, preferably 3.75"/4" figures and vehicles and playsets.

  21. #21
    Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,525
    I'm waiting to see the sculpts. G.I.JOE: A Real American Hero is my second favorite toy property. I've always wanted to see them in a larger scale, but part of me doesn't want to delve into another line because of space and cost reasons. I wasn't a fan of the 30th Anniversary Collection, 2002 relaunch, Sigma Six, etc... I truly feel the original G.I.JOE o-ring mold is pretty hard to beat, and am content with my older figures, but of course would love more 3 3/4" Joes in the old style. Probably my favorite G.I.JOE representations outside of the vintage line were those Palisades statues in the mid-00's. I'd love to see a six inch action figure line in that vein.

    G.I.JOE is a line that needs vehicles, so I'd imagine a 6" line will be very cost prohibitive, which is why they have never attempted it before. I really hope it's not like Star Wars Black which have a lot of disappointing end results.

    Fingers crossed. I know if I'm wowed, I won't be able to resist.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,446
    Black Series has finally gotten a lot better with their face sculpts/paint. But it took a long time. Still not as good as SH Figuarts, but Black Series' monsters/aliens/robots are usually near perfection (aside from 3-PO and R2). If retail Scarlett, Roadblock, and Duke have eyes/paint jobs like those human faces up to now, it will suck).

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    This.

    If they're just 6" versions of the classic toy designs, I'm in. I don't want redesigns or anything "updated."
    Seconded. ARAH versions or I'm out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Black Series has finally gotten a lot better with their face sculpts/paint. But it took a long time. Still not as good as SH Figuarts, but Black Series' monsters/aliens/robots are usually near perfection (aside from 3-PO and R2). If retail Scarlett, Roadblock, and Duke have eyes/paint jobs like those human faces up to now, it will suck).
    Yeah that's why I stuck with 1/18th scale for Star Wars. BS Wave 1 ANH Han looked MEH. If you can't get me to buy Han for your new Star Wars Line I'm out. No worries Hasbro, you got plenty of my money on TVC line. Yeah I backed the Barge.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior Artistix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bathurst Australia
    Posts
    817
    Yikes....don't know if I can get into 6" GI Joe. My poor wallet!!

    But I'd still pick up a few of the main characters if they look good.

    It's been a while since I bought a Joe. Though my figures are still on a shelf in the spare room. Very dusty though!


  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I'm waiting to see the sculpts. G.I.JOE: A Real American Hero is my second favorite toy property. I've always wanted to see them in a larger scale, but part of me doesn't want to delve into another line because of space and cost reasons. I wasn't a fan of the 30th Anniversary Collection, 2002 relaunch, Sigma Six, etc... I truly feel the original G.I.JOE o-ring mold is pretty hard to beat, and am content with my older figures, but of course would love more 3 3/4" Joes in the old style. Probably my favorite G.I.JOE representations outside of the vintage line were those Palisades statues in the mid-00's. I'd love to see a six inch action figure line in that vein.

    G.I.JOE is a line that needs vehicles, so I'd imagine a 6" line will be very cost prohibitive, which is why they have never attempted it before. I really hope it's not like Star Wars Black which have a lot of disappointing end results.

    Fingers crossed. I know if I'm wowed, I won't be able to resist.
    They could have an approach that includes vehicles cheap if they have a $10-12 discount 6 inch line like Mattel DC, Hasbro Marvel Legends, and Power Rangers, etc.

    You’d be looking at vehicles that are essentially more detailed upscales of classic vehicles. Probably around $25 for a VAMP, $35 for a HISS Tank. Limited paint and tampographs. No working treads or anything. But that IMHO would be healthier for the line than $75 VAMP and $100 HISS Tank. With the latter, you won’t get much vehicle variety. With the former, customizers can add wash and battle damage but the vehicles remain accessible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •