Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1379

Thread: G.I. Joe Classified 6" Line By Hasbro

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Well that didn't take long. Classified H.I.S.S. FULLY FUNDED!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Joe fans are hungry after years of only getting scraps. As a Star Wars fan and collector, I can honestly say SW fans are a bit entitled.
    I fully agree but, the last 2 SW Haslabs were/are well, less than impressive to say the least. The Joe and Marvel teams are right on track- they know exactly what the collectors want. The SW team is so out of touch that I now believe that they(Hasbro) have absolutely no say anymore on what they produce. Disney says “make this” and they have to or they probably lose the license.

At least, that’s how it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I fully agree but, the last 2 SW Haslabs were/are well, less than impressive to say the least.
    That's cause Hasbro believes Star Wars sells itself. They don't have to go above and beyond because...well, "it's Star Wars." "They'll buy it no matter what." (I'm being sarcastic in case anybody doesn't understand.) If you're going to do a Rancor figure, it's just natural to assume that a Rancor Keeper would be included in the package since they go together plus the odds of Hasbro ever releasing a Keeper in the main line is just outrageous.

I'm not trying to judge anybody here but I believe the Joe and Marvel teams honestly are mostly fans of the IPs they work on while with the SW team it seems like just a job...at least that's how it comes off to me.

I fully agree but, the last 2 SW Haslabs were/are well, less than impressive to say the least. The Joe and Marvel teams are right on track- they know exactly what the collectors want. The SW team is so out of touch that I now believe that they(Hasbro) have absolutely no say anymore on what they produce. Disney says “make this” and they have to or they probably lose the license.

At least, that’s how it seems.
    I don't know if it's so much as the SW team doesn't know "what's up" so to speak, but rather they just got a little too ambitious and outside the box trying things/methods that they probably shouldn't of.

The Barge and Crest were GREAT offerings so there's defiantly vision over there. Again, I just think that they tried to switch it up and try something different, but of course it didn't work out.

As for the HISS tank. I'm actually shocked that it did as well as it did. 6" line vehicles don't usually work for a variety of reasons. Fans just shouldn't expect too much and they'll be ok. Despite how well it did, stores aren't going to be carrying this sort of stuff all of a sudden and there isn't going to be some huge selection on the horizon. I think that it being the first and an army builder had a lot to do with it.

That's cause Hasbro believes Star Wars sells itself. They don't have to go above and beyond because...well, "it's Star Wars." "They'll buy it no matter what."

I'm not trying to judge anybody here but I believe the Joe and Marvel teams honestly are mostly fans of the IPs they work on while with the SW team it seems like just a job...at least that's how it comes off to me.
    Again, I totally agree with these statements. It’s been really bad over the last 5-7 years. I will say that I spoke with Eric(the designer) at Star Wars Celebration and he’s a really nice guy and enthusiastic about his job but, I didn’t leave thinking he was a huge fan or very knowledgeable. It’s a little sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I don't know if it's so much as the SW team doesn't know "what's up" so to speak, but rather they just got a little too ambitious and outside the box trying things/methods that they probably shouldn't of.

The Barge and Crest were GREAT offerings so there's defiantly vision over there. Again, I just think that they tried to switch it up and try something different, but of course it didn't work out.

As for the HISS tank. I'm actually shocked that it did as well as it did. 6" line vehicles don't usually work for a variety of reasons. Fans just shouldn't expect too much and they'll be ok. Despite how well it did, stores aren't going to be carrying this sort of stuff all of a sudden and there isn't going to be some huge selection on the horizon. I think that it being the first and an army builder had a lot to do with it.
    The Barge and Razor Crest were great! Both “dream items” and neither would have been stocked in brick and mortar but, Steve Evans played a part in bringing those to market- at least the Barge was his baby and, I’m sure he had a part in the Crest at the beginning. He is a big fan and that probably has a lot to do with the attention to the projects. Once Steve left the Star Wars team, it feels like it’s been directionless. The original mission for SW Haslabs seems to have been thrown out the window and whoever is in charge now just doesn’t get it, doesn’t care or their hands are tied.

I know there are more details involved in these decisions but, if you create/run a collector-focused store/outlet you should probably know what the said collectors are interested in- or hire talent that does. The inaccurate Reva lightsaber just might be the death of any more Black Series Haslabs. It feels like they shot themselves in the foot.

PS…I’ve been collecting SW since ‘78 so, I might get a little passionate or uptight and I sometimes have a lot to say. It’s also made me patient and understanding- to a point. Lol

Next up, the U.S.S. Flagg... coming in at just under 20 feet in length and featuring 2x exclusive Skystriker combat jets and 1x Dragonfly combat copter with 6" Wild Bill pilot!

Available through HasLab online this holiday season only! Early bird pricing at $22,995.00.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Well that didn't take long. Classified H.I.S.S. FULLY FUNDED!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Joe fans are hungry after years of only getting scraps. As a Star Wars fan and collector, I can honestly say SW fans are a bit entitled.
    Wow it's funded already.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Next up, the U.S.S. Flagg... coming in at just under 20 feet in length and featuring 2x exclusive Skystriker combat jets and 1x Dragonfly combat copter with 6" Wild Bill pilot!

Available through HasLab online this holiday season only! Early bird pricing at $22,995.00.
    What scale

Storm Shadow and Spirit arrived and I have to say they are amazing. Maybe my favourites of the full line.

Got my shipping notice from BBTS that Spirit, Croc Master, and the army of Alley Vipers and Cobra Officers have shipped. Then less than an hour later AMAZON sent me a notice saying Spirit and Storm Shadow had shipped. I forgot I order them from both. My Classified drought is about to end!
    First Congrats, all those are amazing figures and I'm eager to get.

On the other hand, how does it work for BBTS? I have pre-orders for all those figures but none has reached my POL. Well, not even last year's SE & Timber 2-pack... no B.A.T.s, no Alley Vipers and I have notifications that Croc Master & Storm Shadow have been pushed to September

And I hope some local retailer may bring the Cobra HISS tank on an affordable option. Every day I curse the dark gods for Habro Pulse not having international shipping.... Alas, it surely sold out in 2 minutes while I have it in cart with my luck
    Last edited by Rhanen; June 30, 2022 at 04:22pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    First Congrats, all those are amazing figures and I'm eager to get.

On the other hand, how does it work for BBTS? I have pre-orders for all those figures but none has reached my POL. Well, not even last year's SE & Timber 2-pack... no B.A.T.s, no Alley Vipers and I have notifications that Croc Master & Storm Shadow have been pushed to September

And I hope some local retailer may bring the Cobra HISS tank on an affordable option. Every day I curse the dark gods for Habro Pulse not having international shipping.... Alas, it surely sold out in 2 minutes while I have it in cart with my luck
    What's happening in a nutshell is that you're placing your orders too late. Any retailer is only going to get in X amount of product at any one given time. If they only get in 1,000 of something in let's say the first shipment, anybody that placed an order before you will get theirs fulfilled first. First come, first serve.

Depending on when you placed orders for your stuff you could literally be thousands deep on their list which could equate in shipping times taking which seems forever.

A second shipment of something may also not even come until months after the first. So on and so forth. That being said, you can easily see how quickly you can become buried on a list if you don't place an order right away for popular product.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I totally agree with these statements. It’s been really bad over the last 5-7 years. I will say that I spoke with Eric(the designer) at Star Wars Celebration and he’s a really nice guy and enthusiastic about his job but, I didn’t leave thinking he was a huge fan or very knowledgeable. It’s a little sad.

The Barge and Razor Crest were great! Both “dream items” and neither would have been stocked in brick and mortar but, Steve Evans played a part in bringing those to market- at least the Barge was his baby and, I’m sure he had a part in the Crest at the beginning. He is a big fan and that probably has a lot to do with the attention to the projects. Once Steve left the Star Wars team, it feels like it’s been directionless. The original mission for SW Haslabs seems to have been thrown out the window and whoever is in charge now just doesn’t get it, doesn’t care or their hands are tied.

I know there are more details involved in these decisions but, if you create/run a collector-focused store/outlet you should probably know what the said collectors are interested in- or hire talent that does. The inaccurate Reva lightsaber just might be the death of any more Black Series Haslabs. It feels like they shot themselves in the foot.

PS…I’ve been collecting SW since ‘78 so, I might get a little passionate or uptight and I sometimes have a lot to say. It’s also made me patient and understanding- to a point. Lol

The Rancor was a good offering and met the criteria. *Big item, no chance to see it in stores ect.* but it had **** poor execution. The tiers were terrible and tier 1 either HAD to be the Rancor Keeper or it just needed to come with him right off the bat.

They also shot themselves in the foot as for whatever ungodly reason they had how many Haslabs running at that time AND it was right before the holiday season? Do they literally think that people are made of money? They went from running ONE Haslab at a time to which seemed *I don't remember* like FIVE AT ONCE!!

Then.....they had the worst luck of all when the Rancor Haslab JUST ended then showed up on TBOBF......

Talk about terrible timing. It wasn't that far off either and would undoubtedly made it if it was still running after that episode.

Needless to say, I think that it'll be back though since it's in TBOBF. They could sweeten the pot by adding a Boba that can ride it and such, change some other things around and it could be back.

The Reva saber was all bad though. I don't even want to waste time talking about it. That had no business being up there.

The Rancor was a good offering and met the criteria. *Big item, no chance to see it in stores ect.* but it had **** poor execution. The tiers were terrible and tier 1 either HAD to be the Rancor Keeper or it just needed to come with him right off the bat.

They also shot themselves in the foot as for whatever ungodly reason they had how many Haslabs running at that time AND it was right before the holiday season? Do they literally think that people are made of money? They went from running ONE Haslab at a time to which seemed *I don't remember* like FIVE AT ONCE!!

Then.....they had the worst luck of all when the Rancor Haslab JUST ended then showed up on TBOBF......

Talk about terrible timing. It wasn't that far off either and would undoubtedly made it if it was still running after that episode.

Needless to say, I think that it'll be back though since it's in TBOBF. They could sweeten the pot by adding a Boba that can ride it and such, change some other things around and it could be back.

The Reva saber was all bad though. I don't even want to waste time talking about it. That had no business being up there.
    The Rancor started off good- I backed it and was really excited about it but then, as you said, they completely blew it with the tiers. Eric doesn’t think it will be back at all and if it does, it’ll be a long time(but, he doesn’t make the decisions, of course). I would love to get a BS Rancor so, I might go the 3D printed route soon.

Reva’s Lightsaber….I completely agree.

Eric doesn’t think it will be back at all and if it does, it’ll be a long time(but, he doesn’t make the decisions, of course).
    Even if he knew it was coming back this is the kind of answer he'd give you. You got him in person on the spot so he can't avoid you or blow you off like on the boards so he's gotta say something.

Not hard yes or no. There's no way that he can say yes, you know what I mean? I just think that it makes sense again at some point as they obviously put a lot of work into it with no reward. It was very close and with some restructuring along with the show to now bolster it for a second season+ it only makes sense.

Even if he knew it was coming back this is the kind of answer he'd give you. You got him in person on the spot so he can't avoid you or blow you off like on the boards so he's gotta say something.

Not hard yes or no. There's no way that he can say yes, you know what I mean? I just think that it makes sense again at some point as they obviously put a lot of work into it with no reward. It was very close and with some restructuring along with the show to now bolster it for a second season+ it only makes sense.
    Oh yeah, I totally get that. I spoke with him for about 20 minutes and of course, he has the form letter answers but, he did seem sincere(fwiw). I hope they do bring it back. With better tiers or, just make it a fan channel exclusive. It has to have a keeper. Period.
    Last edited by Glasstor; July 2, 2022 at 04:52pm.

The HISS looks nice, a little pricey of course. No Haslab options for me though as I don't live in the US or UK.

Yes, that HISS Tank is amazing, but too pricey for me. I would like if Hasbro were to drop all electronics and maybe slash the price in half to $150, then I'd buy it for sure.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    The HISS looks nice, a little pricey of course. No Haslab options for me though as I don't live in the US or UK.
    I'm on the same boat and I'm expecting BBTS to offer an option if feasible or any local importer, however that shall be really pricey

- - - Updated - - -

What's happening in a nutshell is that you're placing your orders too late. Any retailer is only going to get in X amount of product at any one given time. If they only get in 1,000 of something in let's say the first shipment, anybody that placed an order before you will get theirs fulfilled first. First come, first serve.

Depending on when you placed orders for your stuff you could literally be thousands deep on their list which could equate in shipping times taking which seems forever.

A second shipment of something may also not even come until months after the first. So on and so forth. That being said, you can easily see how quickly you can become buried on a list if you don't place an order right away for popular product....
    I think it is more related to logistics. As I'm an international buyer, probably, if they recieve limited stock, they first supply local pre-orders.
    Still, it has happend with a just a couple of items (1 or 2) that BBTS have dropped my preorders because of manufacturer not supplying enough stock
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders

My feedback thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I don’t collect the 6” scale Classified line but I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the H.I.S.S. tank. The main reason is that I am a Cobra guy and I owned at least 2 as a kid (1 retail version and at least 1 mail-away version). It will also be coming with 2 figures, the H.I.S.S. driver and newly created H.I.S.S. tactician and could therefore be displayed as a stand alone piece. I also really liked that it has light-up features and while I doubt I will ever actually use them, it will be nice to have. Lastly, as this seems to be doing well, I imagine more tiers will be unlocked and even more options will be added to make the large price tag a bit more digestible. I will already be getting removable missile launchers, vintage-style tread covers and the aforementioned tactician figure. I look forward to seeing what else will come with this signature Cobra vehicle. My only personal nitpick would be that I wish the tips on the Diablo cannons were a bit larger like the vintage toy. Other than that, I am okay with it.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I don’t collect the 6” scale Classified line but I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the H.I.S.S. tank. The main reason is that I am a Cobra guy and I owned at least 2 as a kid (1 retail version and at least 1 mail-away version). It will also be coming with 2 figures, the H.I.S.S. driver and newly created H.I.S.S. tactician and could therefore be displayed as a stand alone piece. I also really liked that it has light-up features and while I doubt I will ever actually use them, it will be nice to have. Lastly, as this seems to be doing well, I imagine more tiers will be unlocked and even more options will be added to make the large price tag a bit more digestible. I will already be getting removable missile launchers, vintage-style tread covers and the aforementioned tactician figure. I look forward to seeing what else will come with this signature Cobra vehicle. My only personal nitpick would be that I wish the tips on the Diablo cannons were a bit larger like the vintage toy. Other than that, I am okay with it.
    3 figures so far.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    3 figures so far.

So each figure is about $20, which means we get a $60 value right there. $300-$60 is still $240 for the HISS tank. Perhaps this deal is looking better?

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    3 figures so far.
    3 figures? I only see 2 figures included with the H.I.S.S. so far: the H.I.S.S. driver and the H.I.S.S. tactician unless I missed something. I know the 2nd tier was unlocked recently which will include tread covers and a retro style canopy but I didn't see anything about an additional figure so far.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

3 figures? I only see 2 figures included with the H.I.S.S. so far: the H.I.S.S. driver and the H.I.S.S. tactician unless I missed something. I know the 2nd tier was unlocked recently which will include tread covers and a retro style canopy but I didn't see anything about an additional figure so far.
    The 3rd is the female Gunner figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    The 3rd is the female Gunner figure.
    Ah, it looks like it just got unlocked (Tier #3) between yesterday and today along with a nose swivel gun and additional guns for the turret.

Ah, it looks like it just got unlocked (Tier #3) between yesterday and today along with a nose swivel gun and additional guns for the turret.
    Another new tier has been unlocked and should be revealed soon as the goal of 14,000 backers was just reached over an hour ago.

Also, the gunner's name appears to be Acrion.

**EDIT**

And Retro style "Mickey Mouse" Cobra Commander looks to be the last unlock for 16,000 backers.
    Last edited by Shecky; July 7, 2022 at 04:46pm.

I missed the Tiger Force Ram Cycle with Duke on Hasbropulse but I got a pre-order in with Target. The vintage TF Duke was one of my favorite childhood GI*JOE figures. I still loathe the shinguards but at least the colors work better on this version than the 1st release.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

So the fourth tier was just unlocked a bit ago, meaning all four upgrades are unlocked. Since the fourth upgrade is the retro Cobra Commander, I believe the tally is up to four figures. Treating each figure at about $20, that means you are paying $220 for the tank and accessories (and $80 for the four. Not bad. This deal is looking better all time. I wonder if there will be another upgrade?