Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe Classified 6" Line By Hasbro

count me interested. Since adulthood haven't bought many Joes for various reasons one be the scale. I did probably have more Joes as a kid than just about any other toy line though, partially it was my back up toy. I typically had one that I focused on but when that faded I tended to fall back to Joe for a bit.

Other reason is Arah is probably the best overall look for the characters (minus the later 90s stuff).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Hoping to see something at Toyfair soon. I have way too large of a Joe collection, both vintage (ARAH not earlier) and modern to start over in a new scale but Joe is what got me back into toy collecting in 97. I’d be hard pressed to pass up on it. Also I am happy with the past 5 years of Hasbro’s Legends, as far as sculpts and articulation. So I’m hopeful.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm just thrilled that both GI Joe and MOTU, my two favorite childhood properties, seem to be getting such a boost and revitalization in 2020. Not being much of a Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel MCU or DC etc collector, its been quite frustrating for a long time. It's like, you know how good these properties (Joe and MOTU) are and can be, the potential, but they seem so overlooked. The possibility of that perhaps beginning to change in 2020 is so invigorating, I just hope it works this time. And the fact that both Joe and MOTU are getting this infusion of energy at the same time--wow. For me, this is great and amazing.

Must...temper...expectations......arrgghh...

I have been pondering this line non stop since the rumors started. I have wanted a line like this for years and to finally have the possibility of it is driving me crazy. I of course won't believe it until I see prototypes or test sculpts but I can't help but be excited about the possibilities. I can't even hod myself to a single faction. I want Joe's, Cobra, Dreadnoks Arashikage Clan Ninjas **** I even want Cobra La mutants! I understand they will limit there vehicle options but the though of some Trouble Bubbles makes me so damn happy.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Looks like there's already a Walmart leak in their system that shows GI Joe will be getting three 6" assortment lines:

via ToyNewsInternational

Two G.I. Joe: Classified 6" Assortments Listed On Walmart Website (UPDATE WITH MORE LISTINGS)
    GI Joe
    by Jay Cochran
    February 15, 2020

More G.I.Joe Classified 6" figures have shown up on Walmart's website. This time we have a few individual figure listings as well as a third assortment. Keep in mind for the figures, the names used are likely code names, not the actual figure name.

GIJ CS FIGURE MAYFLY SKU# 869896266 - (Firefly?)

GIJ CS FIGURE DUNG BEETLE SKU# 287884965 - (Yeah we have no guess on this one)

GIJ CS FIGURE MOSQUITO SKU# 702295747 (Another one we aren't sure on)

and then finally we have a third Assortment listing:

GIJ CS FIGURE AST SKU# 670137096

We are a week away from Toy Fair, which means we are likely a week away from Hasbro officially unveiling their rumored 6" G.I. Joe Classifed line of action figures. With that Walmart has listed two different assortments for the line on their website.

Assortment 1 - SKU: 169988830

Assortment 2 - SKU: 869896266

Unfortunately the website does not provide any specific details like images or which figures will be in each assortment. Assortment 1 is rumored to include Snake-Eyes, Duke, Destro, Scarlet and Roadblock. There have been a number of rumors floating around such as Build-A-Figures, Variants and store exclusives. This might be one of the most anticipated reveals for next weeks Toy Fair event, so be sure to check back On Saturday, February 22 around 2pm ET to get all the details, assuming they don't leak out sooner.

This line sounds pretty cool. Mayfly would be a horrific name for Firefly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This line sounds pretty cool. Mayfly would be a horrific name for Firefly, though.
    Na they are fake placeholder names. Hasbro did this with Transformers. Rumors say, Duke, Scarlet, Snake Eyes, Roadblock, and Destro. Possibly a con set or figure. No idea if it will be a set of the same 5 or a repaint of one of the five, or an all new figure.

I am very excited for an of the '84 line up though. I remember when that wave hit back in the day. GI Joe exploded that year (at least for those of us who were into Joe before the cartoon went full time). I Love Fire Fly, Zartan, Storm Shadow, Scrap Iron, and Copprrhead.

Hasbropulse is offering advanced preorders for premium members on the 22nd for Toy fair items.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; February 16, 2020 at 07:14pm.

I can't wait for Toy Fair. This line is going to be amazing.

I seen the 6" Snake-Eyes figure in packaging and he looks great.
    Not exactly ARAH more a slight update with plenty of accessories.

GIJoe-Classified-Snake-Eyes-01__scaled_600.jpg
    Last edited by Mark M; February 18, 2020 at 09:23am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post

word is that is the con exclusive figure. i fully expect to see all the classic/iconic looks for 82-83-84-85 (probably a fair few from 86 and 87 aswell) atleast. insane really that hasbro have waited this long to do this, if they just keep this 'ml' current standard they are going to be printing money for years to come.

“This is not the what the retail figures will look like this is the con exclusive figure for the snake eyes movie”

guy who owns generaljoes.com posted that on their facebook page. and alot of retailers have seen figures for the first wave.
    Last edited by magik; February 18, 2020 at 02:59pm.

Quote Originally Posted by magik View Post
    word is that is the con exclusive figure. i fully expect to see all the classic/iconic looks for 83-84-85 (probably a fair few from 86 and 87 aswell) atleast. insane really that hasbro have waited this long to do this, if they just keep this 'ml' current standard they are going to be printing money for years to come.

“This is not the what the retail figures will look like this is the con exclusive figure for the snake eyes movie”

guy who owns generaljoes.com posted that on their facebook page. and alot of retailers have seen figures for the first wave.
    I heard that is the actual figure. The only exclusive part is the weapons rack and extra packaging.

I love the figure. My only nitpick is I wish it came with Timber and an secondary ski mask head.

Heroic Warrior
    I heard that is the actual figure. The only exclusive part is the weapons rack and extra packaging.

I love the figure. My only nitpick is I wish it came with Timber and an secondary ski mask head.
    we'll know saturday, at any rate like i said initially, given enough time i am very confident we get to see pretty much every single classic look there's such an enormous gallery really of designs for hasbro to pick from here that they could keep this rollin 6' strong for the next 10 years if they want to.

we'll know saturday, at any rate like i said initially, given enough time i am very confident we get to see pretty much every single classic look there's such an enormous gallery really of designs for hasbro to pick from here that they could keep this rollin 6' strong for the next 10 years if they want to.
    Definitely. Plenty of characts and looks to to choose. Can't say I would be very interested in the early 90's neon looks.
    Hope the rumours of a new 3.75"/4" line are also true.

Can't wait for Toy Fair.

Sold! If that is the actual retail figure minus the extra weapons and rack, then I will be buying this figure. And probably almost every figure in the line.

Yes, can't wait for Toy Fair! With MotU Origins, this G.I. Joe line, and the Earthrise Transformers, it seems 2020 will have representation of the Big Three action figure lines from the 1980s!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Could be worse, Timber could have been the Con exclusive. That's what I was dreading.

If you look at the inside of the packaging, the left box with the figure looks like the standard figure and the "exclusives" being the extras on the right in the foam packaging.

Anyways, I love what I am seeing. I only hope these are widely available and not retailer exclusives.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Nitpicking over that Snake Eyes pic, I'd say I don't like the sheath for the sword, I don't like how the grenade belt doesn't fit around his chest and looks bulky, I don't like Timber not being included, and the packaging looks kinda dull - I was hoping for more of a colorful retro design like how Kotobukiya is doing with their Bishoujo line. So at the very least I hope each character gets their own colored box (Snake Eyes black, Storm Shadow white, Scarlett red, Duke green, etc etc).

I'm definitely collecting the entire line, so here's to hoping that Hasbro sticks with the series and does their best to improve each wave over time =)

Correct sir. Yes the regular retail Snake Eyes will come in a bigger con box, only exclusive is the extra weapons and the rack packed separately.

Snake Eyes never wore a ski mask bro. If you mean the original v1 Snake Eyes that’s a ballistic mask with eye protection.

Hisstank has details and pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh lol you got the pic.

- - - Updated - - -

word is that is the con exclusive figure. i fully expect to see all the classic/iconic looks for 82-83-84-85 (probably a fair few from 86 and 87 aswell) atleast. insane really that hasbro have waited this long to do this, if they just keep this 'ml' current standard they are going to be printing money for years to come.

Am hoping for full runs of 82-86. after that they can cherry pick.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Really excited for this line. While I am probably passing on MOTU Origins (holding out until I see them in person to decide), I will be all over this line. I sold off my modern 3.75" Joes and have been missing them. This will fill that void nicely.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post

Yes that is basically what I am looking for too. Gotta weed out the weeksauce, which gets more and more common after '86. Also leave some room for some post-ARAH characters (Helix comes to mind), and new characters. This is a general retail line, not like MOTUC, not on a mission to redo every vintage ARAH or anything (omg that would be nuuuuts).

I'm wondering if they will save Timber for when they release the 1985 v2 accurate Snake Eyes. That Snake Eyes is going to seeeeeeeeeeellllll

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Correct sir. Yes the regular retail Snake Eyes will come in a bigger con box, only exclusive is the extra weapons and the rack packed separately.

Snake Eyes never wore a ski mask bro. If you mean the original v1 Snake Eyes that’s a ballistic mask with eye protection.

Hisstank has details and pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh lol you got the pic.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never heard it called a ballistic mask. Most people just called it a ski mask. Ballistic mask sounds a lot better.
    A second ballistic mask head would be nice. Years back reading the classic Joe comics and watching Resolute really made me appreciate that look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    Yes that is basically what I am looking for too. Gotta weed out the weeksauce, which gets more and more common after '86. Also leave some room for some post-ARAH characters (Helix comes to mind), and new characters. This is a general retail line, not like MOTUC, not on a mission to redo every vintage ARAH or anything (omg that would be nuuuuts).

I'm wondering if they will save Timber for when they release the 1985 v2 accurate Snake Eyes. That Snake Eyes is going to seeeeeeeeeeellllll
    Not sure they will do a full on 1985 V2 figure but a Timber would be awesome. Somr characters need their animals with them like Spirit and Shipwreck.

Snake Eyes is up for preorder on Hasbro Pulse.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i...ulse-exclusive

Also, pics of Roadblock and Scarlet have leaked.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish those (Roadblock and Scarlett) were more "classic"-based. They've really re-worked the designs and face. Recognizable, but definitely re-worked.

They look like more like the Resolute figures and designs, though perhaps even more of a departure.
    Last edited by RockinHard; February 21, 2020 at 12:14pm.

UGH! I don't like that Scarlet or Roadblock! How can they make Snake Eyes so awesome but drop the ball on these? I want the line to succeed but I do not think I can buy something I don't like.

What a bummer.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    UGH! I don't like that Scarlet or Roadblock! How can they make Snake Eyes so awesome but drop the ball on these? I want the line to succeed but I do not think I can buy something I don't like.

What a bummer.
    Agreed. I was down with Snake-Eyes. But I can't get behind those designs. Scarlett has so many different colors going on. The faces look little like the classic characters. Very disappointing.

I too was really hoping for a true-to classic look for these. Roadblock was never a big favorite of mine, but I was hoping to like these enough to grab a few characters I do enjoy, and Scarlet seems to me a sign that I might just sit these out.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

An image if Duke is now up on the Walmart mobile app.
    Last edited by Shecky; February 21, 2020 at 03:27pm.