Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe Classified 6" Line By Hasbro

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Is there a rumor of Hasbro actually releasing more stock of Classified figures to stores? I have three Walmarts and three Targets in my area. All of them have two to three pegs labeled for GI Joe Classified, and yet they have all been empty of those figures for several months. I wonder if a cargo ship lost a bunch of crates of cargo or something.
    The wave 1 figures were supposed to be part of the roll out for the Snake Eyes movie but since the movie got pushed back lots of the figures and their shelf space have been pushed back too. Once the movie hits I think we'll see more figures. GIJoe's track record over the last 10 years has not been very good at retail and without the movie to help promote the brand, I think Hasbro just didn't believe that their would be such a huge demand for the figures.

I've only saw them at Target a few times and at Walmart when those shippers hit last fall. They've been online though at a lot of different stores.

Walked into a target on my way home from the fiance's place and found a repaint Scarlett. Also ordered the movie one for the head, now to hope the peg is the same.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Walked into a target on my way home from the fiance's place and found a repaint Scarlett. Also ordered the movie one for the head, now to hope the peg is the same.
    I could be wrong on this but I believe I read/heard that Hasbro are making all the pegs the same size now. Especially on their Star Wars Black Series figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I could be wrong on this but I believe I read/heard that Hasbro are making all the pegs the same size now. Especially on their Star Wars Black Series figures.
    I know they more or less have been, aside from maybe cross property, just every once in a while they change something about the buck and often the head peg gets changed with it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I know it's just beating a dead horse at this point, but it still is absolutely mind blowing what a fiasco the Cobra Island Target exclusives are. Hasbro essentially has about half their line as an exclusive with a retailer that for all intent and purposes doesn't even carry the line. There are two Targets in my area and I'm almost certain that neither of them have ever carried G.I. Joe Classified at all, much less Cobra Island.
    Yes, you'd probably have more luck finding cryptids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Rumor mill says Major Bludd is the next exclusive. He's been found in the Target system but in any other store's computer. Hasbro said that there was at least one more wave of CI figures at Target.

Hasbro claims that the CI figures will all be getting re-released in the regular wave much like the Cobra Trooper did. Hopefully this is true. Found wave 1 but couldn't find wave 2. Luckily, a friend found wave 2 when they hit on Jan. 1st so he scored me a Firefly.

The other option is that hopefully Hasbro an start selling the CI figures either on Pulse or through online stores like BBTS/EE. They have started to do this with many of the exclusive Transformer figures. Pulse had the Walmart NETFLIX line and some of the AMAZON sets. BBTS and EE started to take preorders for the Target Rainmakers set too. Also, BBTS has some of the Walgreens Marvel Legends figures. So Hasbro can get these exclusives out by other means.
    What I don't understand is that clearly there is demand for these Classified figures amongst collectors, and even non-Joe fans such as myself. I understand that Hasbro had underestimated the level of interest for this line ... but going forward they would know this by now. Or is it a case of toys having to be prepared / organised years in advance and so we won't see them adjusting their production numbers and/or distribution process until a few years from now?

And yet again, another figure likely to be very hard to come by, Major Bludd is a Cobra Island figure which likely means a Target exclusive ..

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    And yet again, another figure likely to be very hard to come by, Major Bludd is a Cobra Island figure which likely means a Target exclusive ..
    Yup its cobra island alright.. already past 500 on ebay..... i hate store exclusives with a passion..
    FREAK OUT!!!!!! FREAK OUT!!!! YEAHHHH!

I wonder when we will see more characters announced. Comic-con?

I would like to see some smaller vehicles as well. But a HISS tank would be huge and amazing. But probably like $150
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I am thinking of pulling out of this line. Might just get Flint, Lady Jaye, and a couple of Cobra Infantry, then that's it.

Got better things to spend my money on if Hasbro isn't interested in making these figures available to fans. They don't have anywhere near the distribution issues when it comes to their Transformers WFC line.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    I am thinking of pulling out of this line. Might just get Flint, Lady Jaye, and a couple of Cobra Infantry, then that's it.

Got better things to spend my money on if Hasbro isn't interested in making these figures available to fans. They don't have anywhere near the distribution issues when it comes to their Transformers WFC line.
    I don't blame you. While I'm not stopping, it does make it frustrating. I still do not understand why Hasbro is not making more of these available. It will be a year next month they started to appear at retail, and I have yet to see full pegs of these figures. Makes no sense.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I don't blame you. While I'm not stopping, it does make it frustrating. I still do not understand why Hasbro is not making more of these available. It will be a year next month they started to appear at retail, and I have yet to see full pegs of these figures. Makes no sense.
    If they didn't make Bludd another Target exclusive I would not have been as frustrated.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I saw where Hasbro Pulse offered Firefly and Cobra Viper on their site today. They either sold out before non-Pulse members got a chance to buy them, or within less than an hour (which is when I became aware of it).

I suppose this was a good thing for a very few people, but it almost seems doubly insulting to everyone else. If they continue to restock them, maybe it will be a different story. It didn't seem like that was going to be the case though.

I am really fed up with this line. I like the figures I have well enough but at this point I am really just thinking of selling them and use the money on other figures I collect.

I saw where Hasbro Pulse offered Firefly and Cobra Viper on their site today. They either sold out before non-Pulse members got a chance to buy them, or within less than an hour (which is when I became aware of it).

I suppose this was a good thing for a very few people, but it almost seems doubly insulting to everyone else. If they continue to restock them, maybe it will be a different story. It didn't seem like that was going to be the case though.
    Supposedly, per an interview with the Full Force podcast after the Origins figures reveal, Hasbro plans on re-issuing/re-releasing the Cobra Island figures as they are aware of the distribution issues (ie. fans having trouble getting these store exclusives). News about this is allegedly supposed to drop in June, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Supposedly, per an interview with the Full Force podcast after the Origins figures reveal, Hasbro plans on re-issuing/re-releasing the Cobra Island figures as they are aware of the distribution issues (ie. fans having trouble getting these store exclusives). News about this is allegedly supposed to drop in June, so we'll see.
    That's good to hear, but I wonder if it will be too little, too late.

I've actually ended up liking this line more than I initially thought I would. That being said, this has been one of the worst mainstream, "retail" toy line rollouts I can remember. There have been 24 unique figures (not redecos) in this line, and I would consider 13 of them to be reasonably accessible. That's barely half. Of those 24, I've only ever seen 5 of them in an actual brick and mortar store. That's absolutely horrendous.

That's good to hear, but I wonder if it will be too little, too late.

I've actually ended up liking this line more than I initially thought I would. That being said, this has been one of the worst mainstream, "retail" toy line rollouts I can remember. There have been 24 unique figures (not redecos) in this line, and I would consider 13 of them to be reasonably accessible. That's barely half. Of those 24, I've only ever seen 5 of them in an actual brick and mortar store. That's absolutely horrendous.
    In the UK the 5 wave one figure were kind of briefly easy to get online but I haven't seen any in any brick and mortar retail shops in the UK.
    When Smyths the biggest chain toy store in UK don't even stock the figures that is not good, especially when they stock all the other Hasbro lines like Black Series, Lightning Collection, Transformers WFC and Studio Series etc.

Ordered Scarlett, Destro and Snake Eyes off Amazon today. I guess I'm diving in...

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Lady Jaye showed up in my BBTS pile of loot today. I'm waiting to ship as Zartan is supposed to be arriving soon as well. (plus some other stuff I have pre-ordered)

I've actually managed to get the exclusives Firefly and the Viper in store (also saw the CI version of Roadblock but wasn't interested) so hopefully I can snag Major Bludd. Conversely though I've never been able to find Destro or Cobra Commander that I want but at least I can find them online at normal prices. (I lucked out in finding a reasonably priced Baroness [sans bike but that's okay I just wanted the figure] on ebay)

Really hope they release Jinx in the line.

Personally I'd love to see the Cobra-la characters (Golobulus, Nemesis Enforcer, Pythona) but that's probably unlikely.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    Got my destro finally from dorkside rhe other day. He's excellent. Then seen a cobra commander last night at tsrget and it was an impulse buy. Only ones I'll get next is trooper and zartan.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Lady Jaye showed up in my BBTS pile of loot today.
    I got her and Flint last week and both are excellent. I still wish though that the weapons and accessories were a bit better. At this price point and w/o no BAF pieces, these figures should come with more accessories like extra head sculpts and/or extra hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I got her and Flint last week and both are excellent. I still wish though that the weapons and accessories were a bit better. At this price point and w/o no BAF pieces, these figures should come with more accessories like extra head sculpts and/or extra hands.
    The way things are going with this line if they did a Build A Figure Hasbro would probably include a piece with an extremely hard to get exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The way things are going with this line if they did a Build A Figure Hasbro would probably include a piece with an extremely hard to get exclusive.
    Ebay scalpers if there were Cobra Island BAFs:

Ebay scalpers if there were Cobra Island BAFs:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/55136991.jpg
    LOL it's funny because it's true.

Although they would probably insist you call them a "re-seller."

Scalpers are more annoyed at being caught and people knowing they are scalpers.
    Last edited by Mark M; May 1, 2021 at 05:04am.

Heroic Warrior
    Got 3 trooper and zartan shipped today in my pol. I'm done on this line til something I like pops up. Thought about flint and lady Jaye as they look more like joes than duke and road block.

I'm still not a 100% fan of these. Cc is passable but I really am into joes for the nostalgic aspects so when they don't look like joes, I can't buy.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I see the new Major Bludd is consistently going for $300+ on ebay. That seems totally reasonable.